Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just wish all the mortar barrages on Iron Juggernaut were visible. Had a couple times where it was completely invisible and insta-gibbed 3 people in my group.

does Iron Prison even do damage or do I just get huge shields? I don't think I've ever noticed that mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading on the suggestions for H Immersus nerfs. If you can't kill H Immersus than you can't kill N Garrosh. There's no point in nerfing something easier than a boss you need to defeat in other to even try it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only realistic change of the first 8 would be changing iron prison to do magical damage rather than physical damage. It's really not a big deal and nearly every class has a shield, absorb or DR CD to use for it, but it's a mechanic that heavily relies on disc priests being present.

Other than that I don't really know what you would change in the place. They will likely just adjust the last 3 (specifically Garrosh again) and call it a day. There is nothing really challenging about the first 3/4 of the instance, especially with item upgrades and the iLvL people are rolling with doing these bosses. At least on heroic.

Not that I think they need to nerf the last 3 anymore, but if I had to guess where the stumbling blocks in the instance are.. well they are still those ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dancers View Post
    There's already a better SoO nerf in game... item upgrades.
    No, that isnt a nerf.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I think the only realistic change of the first 8 would be changing iron prison to do magical damage rather than physical damage. It's really not a big deal and nearly every class has a shield, absorb or DR CD to use for it, but it's a mechanic that heavily relies on disc priests being present.
    Obviously disc is great for that mechanic but that seems to be a very minor change ? Aside from paladin and dk and their raid cooldowns I can't even think of something right now that would profit from a change like that. Ah well I guess you could cloak it after the change but still.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-05-05 at 05:42 AM.

I would suggest siegecrafter nerfs on both 10/25, primarily the belt weapons hp being lowered. If anything else, maybe cut back 25m heroic klaxxi's damage a bit. Garrosh could use some tweaking for the room with adds you need to interrupt, primarily on 10 man. (Perhaps reduce the rate energy is gained) I liked most of the nerfs they did instead of sweeping nerfs though, so something similar on walls would be great for anyone still farming or progressing. I've been done awhile so I don't really remember any tight checks other than the last 3.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysuggest View Post
    Boner Drill damage has been reduced by 10% in all difficulties.
    OH GOD!! Please nerf the boner drill as much as possible! Better yet, remove it completely.

OT, you should tweet Ion a link to your post if you want to make sure he sees it.

immerseus 10 hc problem isnt the dot, is the ammount of adds that you need to deal with, in 25 people rarely go over 2 stacks, in 10 unless you have a priest you need to pull 20-25 adds, aoe them, and pull the rest. Reduce the ammount of adds in 10 man from 50 to 40.

Protectors, a healing intensive fights, he garrote isnt a joke. Reduce the damage from garrote and the frequency he use it.

Norushen, raids wipe on this boss because people wait way to much to do the dps test. Increase the damage you do to the boss with corruption a bit.

Sha of pride, either reduce the damage from swelling pride or the random raid aoe damage in the last phase.

Galakras, reduce the bonecrusher hp.

IronJ, reduce the damage from shock pulse and the ricochet.

Dark shaman, nerf toxic mist.

thok, nerf the bats hp and damage.

The first 8 bosses probably do not need a nerf at all. Here's what "could" hypothetically be done for the next 6 (note, I don't necessarily support doing any/all of them, and I've voiced some opposition to nerfs whatsoever).

Malkorok:

Reduced Imploding Energy damage by 10% if soaked. The raid-wide damage explosion is unchanged.
    Essence of Y'shaarj orbs spawn every 3.5 seconds, up from 3 seconds.

Spoils of Pandaria:

Reduced the health of Mogu and Mantid Commanders by 10%.

Thok the Bloodthirsty:

Corrosive Blood, Icy Blood, and Burning Blood are cast every 4 seconds, up from 3.5.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse/Paragons of the Klaxxi:

Can't think of any good ones off my head now.

Garrosh Hellscream:

Cast times of Embodied Doubt and Manifest Rage (initial cast) increased by 0.5 seconds. Crushing Fear is cast 20% less frequently.

Really can't say I agree with any of these nerfs. Here's my 2 cents:

Immerseus - It's really simple to keep the damage from swelling corruption low, just learn to watch your own stacks.

Norushen - The enrage is a walkover if you properly DPS adds and use the orbs correctly.

Sha of Pride - Damage from soaking rifts is negligible if you use a small personal, swelling pride is really a no brainer if you have proper raid CD usage, the bolts are really easy to avoid and the corrupted fragments barely require any real DPS as is.

Galakras - The grunt damage is almost completely avoidable if you assign people to take care of them; the tidal shamans are a priority add, it's supposed to be punishing if your raid can't properly switch / rotate stuns & interrupts.

Iron Juggernaut - Just a question of healers knowing what to do and DPS knowing not to stand in crap. A lot of the fight is RNG yes, but a lot of the damage can be avoided (borer drill for example, can be almost completely avoided if you react to it quickly). And no, once most guilds only slightly outgear the fight they stop using the tactic mentioned.

Dark Shamans - The split tactic really makes this fight a drag in 10M. Iron prison is really not that difficult to deal with, any small absorb will do.

Malkorok - I agree on the step up in difficulty and that bad RNG can cause a wipe even if you've done the fight 50 times, but I find that enjoyable.

Spoils - The sparks are trivial in 10M, one chaos bolt and they're gone.

Thok - Never done the heroic version on 10M, but there has been targeted nerfs. The fight is already so similar to normal, there has to be some difficulty involved other than the inflated health pool.

Aside from Shamans, the first 8 bosses are really easy heroics, nerfing them will only make the brick wall that is siegecrafter and paragons (25M, 10M paragons is a joke in comparison) hit guilds that much harder.

Deleted
    As a 14/14 heroic 25 man player these nerfs are so minor you probably wouldn't even feel them. As for the sha of pride nerf I'd say you may as well lower the amount of pools that spawn not the damage you take from them as its minor as it is.

Galakras - No point in reducing the health of the grunts they die almost instantly, nerf add health by 20%, nerf orb explosion damage by 20% etc

Reading further down I'm not sure if this is a troll.. Not everyone needs heroic gear. If you can't down the bosses as they are then you don't need that level of gear.
    I know eveyrone wants it and wants to feel stupid powerful but yeah.
    I'd say like 2 months before pre-patch for WoD comes out just nerf the place by like 30% except Garrosh on heroic and let people ahve their free lewtz.
    I think if it was nerfed now I'd probably jump off a bridge.. 1 Shot everything to paragons on heroic couple of wipes onto garrosh couple of wipes raiding done for the week. I wouldn't want to steam roll it in half the time its got to last myself and many others another 4-6 months yet.

Targetted nerfs sure but not untill one of the last months before WoD.

Edit* - Agree with the "Nerfing the first 10 bosses will make Siegecrafter etc brickwalls" post too. Would you rather spend 2-3 weeks wiping on some heroic BOSSES or spend maybe double that time on a single encounter, I'd be quite sad if they nerfed siegecrafter.. Its such an awesome fight on heroic :3 <3
    Last edited by mmocd9884f915a; 2014-05-05 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Malkorok:
    Essence of Y'shaarj orbs spawn every 3.5 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
    I really like this idea better than reducing the damage they do when ran over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qweez View Post
    No thanks.
    They are easy enough at the moment imo.

Commit to the game and you'll eventually get there.
    End of thread right there.

There has already been targetted nerfs, people really need to stop being selfish and let guilds progress in their own pace.

We already have something that acts as a nerf to content, item-upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    No, that isnt a nerf.
    Yes it is.
    Fun read though OP, but it sorta looks like you haven't actually done any of the bosses so the suggested nerfs are mostly illogical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Spoils - The sparks are trivial in 10M, one chaos bolt and they're gone.
    When it comes to sparks, yes warlocks are easily the best class for it on 10m. The problem is that most 10 mans do not have 2 warlocks to put on both sides. Any ranged class could do it but hunters/boomkin/ele/shadow cannot kill them as easily as a warlock (and maybe a mage) could. Especially if you only have 1 ranged dps on 1 side.

1. BM hunters are trash at solo spark duty because target switching with their pets makes it horrid. And blink strikes teleport has a 20 sec (?) CD.
    2. Boomkin, shadow. DoT classes? lol

Sparks have like 1Mish HP so if two pop up a lock could havoc and kill both sparks before they even got their cast halfway done. And locks have access to their hard hitting abilities 24/7 without gimping their dps, they can just save 1 or 2 embers at all time and still do decent damage. boomkin, shadow, survival etc hard hitting abilities aren't accessible as easily. By that I mean a boomkin saving his starsurge or a shadow saving all 3 orbs or a SV hunter not using his LnL procs ASAP so they can stagger them until sparks pop have a huge negative impact on their dps. As a lock can easily keep 1ish embers reserved for sparks and not nuke his dps as bad as other classes.

I guess you could increase the cast time of supernova from 10 seconds to 15 seconds instead of nerfing the health they have.

Deleted
    How about you actually improve your playing instead of calling for nerfs as soon as you hit a little roadblock?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    How about you actually improve your playing instead of calling for nerfs as soon as you hit a little roadblock?
    You cant really improve as a team because raiders are quiting then you have to keep recruiting newbies. Then you have to start back over from scratch. Then if someone else quits, which is likely in May 2014, you have to start over again and again.

I take it you have a stable raid team or you are already done with the tier? Gratz because you have no idea how frustrating it is to try and push this late in the tier.

If content last for over a year, I shouldn't have to go back in time to when the content was fresh just to get a stable raid team. I should be able to begin pushing mid tier and still make progress.

If this is the punishment for starting the tier later than others then what's the point of having a long tier in the first place?
    Last edited by mmocfd5725caf2; 2014-05-05 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysuggest View Post
    You cant really improve as a team because raiders are quiting then you have to keep recruiting newbies. Then you have to start back over from scratch. Then if someone else quits, which is likely in May 2014, you have to start over again and again.

I take it you have a stable raid team or you are already done with the tier? Gratz because you have no idea how frustrating it is to try and push this late in the tier.
    You dont have to recruit newbies, thats a choice you make not something you are forced upon.

Finding people for your team should be easier than ever now that you can raid current content X-realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    You dont have to recruit newbies, thats a choice you make not something you are forced upon.

Finding people for your team should be easier than ever now that you can raid current content X-realm.
    I doubt you handle recruitment in your guild. That or you're just lucky enough to not have burnt out raiders. Your opinion isn't really relevant since you have no idea what the frustration is like this late in the tier.

Deleted
    Im an officer in my guild and I participate in the recruitment-progress, we have plenty of people in the middle of heroic progress applying for our 25-man group.

Things that help you find good people to recruit for your guild is keeping your wowprogress-page up to date, a guild-website with a forum where people can write applications is another good tool. Looking For Players-section on the official forums is also a good place to look.

My opinion isnt relevant how? I have been in the middle of progression with my guild and lost 10 players, having to fill those spots and my guild bounced back from that I'd say its pretty relevant.

Its down to you in the end, if you cant find players for your guild you're obviously not trying hard enough because it sure aint impossible.