Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I did my first official gold CM runs...

Granted I only did 2/9 for gold and 1 was silver because of bad rng... but I am not even terrible at them. It was pretty smooth sailing. Maybe because I had a group that was somewhat experienced with them. How exciting! I should have my tmog set tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Granted I only did 2/9 for gold and 1 was silver because of bad rng... but I am not even terrible at them. It was pretty smooth sailing. Maybe because I had a group that was somewhat experienced with them. How exciting! I should have my tmog set tomorrow!!!
    Well, good luck!

All I can say is, it is much easier if you have a premade, expert 5-man team to run dungeons with. Going into town and making a mix-match team of random guys from trade pretty much never works out.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they only wanted me for my Heroism But I was timing capacitor totems beautifully on trash and healing tide/stream for days.

Good luck to you OP!

As mentioned previously, it is a lot easier with a group of people you know rather than a random set of people found in trade. I especially found it much more fun and enjoyable while doing my challenge modes with guildies/friends I've been raiding with for quite a while with. Cudos for your progress!

Lucky.. I have been wanting to get into a group for a long time now ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Lucky.. I have been wanting to get into a group for a long time now ;_;
    I would recommend asking around in guild or any real ID friends you have that may be interested (luckily you are not required to be on the same server!). OQ and Openraid are also great options if you unfortunately don't have any immediate help

Some of my guildies just got our first set of 9/9 gold. They're doing a second group now (some alts of the first folks and one or two new folks, or something like that).

I think I'm gonna just buy 9/9 gold from some group I saw advertising on the official forums. I have more gold than I know what to do with (not like I'm gold-capped or anything, just I have a bunch of gold and really nothing I want to spend it on)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Some of my guildies just got our first set of 9/9 gold. They're doing a second group now (some alts of the first folks and one or two new folks, or something like that).

I think I'm gonna just buy 9/9 gold from some group I saw advertising on the official forums. I have more gold than I know what to do with (not like I'm gold-capped or anything, just I have a bunch of gold and really nothing I want to spend it on)
    Can't agree more. A lot of people get angry on the whole Purchase of CM Gold's, but if you have 100's of thousands of gold, and NOTHING to spend it on - what's the big deal IMO.

BIGUPs

Deleted

yeah i might purchase a silver set full run. i wonder how much cheaper it would be than to buy gold runs. i have too much gold to know what to do with.

i wouldn't purchase the gold run because i think that the transmog set for shaman looks like shit, my transmog i have now is perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    yeah i might purchase a silver set full run. i wonder how much cheaper it would be than to buy gold runs. i have too much gold to know what to do with.

i wouldn't purchase the gold run because i think that the transmog set for shaman looks like shit, my transmog i have now is perfect.
    Most don't have the option for silver runs, but IMO, it's worth a shot to ask

Is it possible to do cross-realm CMs or is it locked to your server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tempted to buy gold myself, seen 9/9 for 80k on my server.

Working silver modes for the mounts with some guys from guild, but we're only an 11/14 SoO guild. We're running the best tank and dps for CM, so we pull decent numbers. Our decent healer doesn't want to do them though, nor anyone else, so we're running a guys holy priest alt instead of his warlock, and no offence to him, but he feels a bit like the weak link sometimes (sorry, i feel like an arse if you/he reads this), so we have to limit pulls a bit. Plus we have no bloodlust, and drums don't work.

But hey, we're good enough for silvers, and it's the mounts I'm mostly after, most transmogs are ugleh (though wouldn't mind the druid one)

Well, it just inherently takes more time to do the Silver runs. I doubt it'd be cheaper.

edit/update

to clarify, I mean for an experienced 9/9 gold-selling group it would take more time to do silver, since you'd be standing around waiting for the timer
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-05-08 at 06:24 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Well, it just inherently takes more time to do the Silver runs. I doubt it'd be cheaper.

edit/update

to clarify, I mean for an experienced 9/9 gold-selling group it would take more time to do silver, since you'd be standing around waiting for the timer
    thats true, i didn't think of that

10+ Year Old Account
    A less confident group could maybe sell silvers with the chance to get gold. Getting gold is the same as getting silver, but then you get a bit more. If they can't guarantee gold but can guarantee silver, they could sell it at a lower pricer with the prospect of some golds.

I couldn't see groups sitting around waiting for timers just to ensure they only get silver and not gold.

Plus we have no bloodlust, and drums don't work.
    Bl inst necessary unless the dps is very low, which cm you have trouble on? what its the setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're only learning them, only done 2 so far, I daresay with more practice and tweaks we'll get better.

Scarlet Halls and Scholomance. We did Scholo with about 5-8 minutes left on Silver Medal timer I think. We had to take the Risen Guards before the first boss (not sure if the ice is meant to kill them or not, it didn't work for us, coulda been an error with the pull. Then the Risen guard after first boss had to be killed before the 2 candlestick mages, as with all 3 mobs tank couldn't stay alive/healer couldn't keep him up. Then we lose a lot of time on Rattlegore's room as we have to take the Boneweavers in pairs, as the healer can't keep up if we pull all 6 (with battle horn). Without Bloodlust we have to do Lilian Voss' soul phase (easy fight though). Gandling did give us trouble, healer running out of mana, and Gandling swapping target when tank gets teleported.

Guardian Druid, Feral Druid, Destro Warlock, Frost Death Knight and Holy Priest. We're not massively optimised, though we are running proper meta gem, flasks, food and compared to the rest of the guild, are the most likely to succeed, barring one or two others who don't want to do CMs.

Dunno what DPS levels should be, but we're all about 55-65k single target I think, though that was just a quick look at Voss on recount after we killed her, and with the kiting around, downtime is raised.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2014-05-08 at 07:04 AM.

Can't see how that would work You'd have them slow down the pace of the runs just to get silver? CMs atm are about time invested, so in essence, silver would cost more than gold Either that, or you'll somehow convince them you'll pay for silver, and they'll inadvertently get you gold.

Of course the other possibility is you'd pay a group of players who don't have gold CMs themselves, but then I would just suggest you do silvers yourself with guildies/mates. Silver's timer is pretty relaxed.

edit: Soz didn't realize this has already been pointed out in the few posts above.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2014-05-08 at 07:17 AM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Where in CM is RNG?

OT: I like the added Hard difficulty option to see the Dungeons in a new light I believe the Developers put too much Work in the Sets which only a fraction of people can see [While they are possible to acquire].

Also I don't like how Trash is harder than boss most of the time.
    What? CM sets have become a hallmark of how to spot a bad player. Pretty obvious as the only people who actually wear them, bought them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What? CM sets have become a hallmark of how to spot a bad player. Pretty obvious as the only people who actually wear them, bought them.
    Eh-hem.

/points at my 8 CM geared toons.

/points at my 8k total gold on my account.

I'm too bad at making gold and too good at this game to have bought them. If I had to guess from your armory, you're just upset that nobody wants to do them with you.

OT: CMs with a group of buds are the most fun I've ever had in this game by miles. Get your buddies together. Do them. Go. Now.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.