Poll: Will you be voting in the EU elections?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you vote in the EU elections?

Interested in hearing people's opinions.

Of course I will. Why shouldn't I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Of course I will. Why shouldn't I?
    Don't know, but the voter turnout in the EU elections have generally been under 50%.

I will.

I'll vote for the EFD in order to sabotage the EU process as much as possible and massively slow down the flow of legislation.

If you don't vote in the EU election because you don't want to or don't care about the EU, you're just giving it free reign.

Deleted
    No, I don't know enough about it to make an informed choice, I would not want to vote for the worst party by mistake.

Deleted
    I will be, first time i will ever have voted.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will. for a party that will hopefully drastically reduce the power and influence of Brussels.

open trade etc is nice, but certain aspects of the open border policy is getting out of hand. if one country is poor at protecting their non-EU border, any person crossing it there can freely move about the entire EU increasing the number of illegal immigrants in countries that are trying very hard to reduce the figures.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for helping political/war refugees etc. but people that have absolutely 0 reason to be here other than their warped views of having more chances in the west need to be held back.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    not decided who to vote for, center left i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Reason being I'm afraid of the real threat that Farage might have done enough or almost enough to win. Whilst that in itself isn't a disaster as such (albeit close), if he wins that it's going to be a fantastic thing to springboard off for the general election in 2015 and I doubt they'll win but getting a good share of the vote would be terrible for the UK.

Not voting because I want to see anything from the European Parliament but rather to protect the UK from a xenophobic crackpot who comes across as a complete con artist. Building a defence for the future.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course, why wouldn't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    No, I don't know enough about it to make an informed choice, I would not want to vote for the worst party by mistake.
    I won't, for the same reason. (+ I'm lazy).

The problem is I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the voters don't know anything about it either and will vote for whatever team they're arbitrarily supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    I won't, for the same reason. (+ I'm lazy).

The problem is I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the voters don't know anything about it either and will vote for whatever team they're arbitrarily supporting.
    And this is exactly why we should vote to abolish it as much as possible. A democracy which the people at large know little to nothing about is hardly a democracy at all.

I have never met anybody who knows who Herman van Rompuy or José Manuel Barosso are here in Denmark. That's quite ridiculous in and of itself. It's like if the American people didn't know who Obama was.

Deleted
    Nah. I have no interest in politics.

Deleted
    I will definitely vote, but I'm still undecided. I'm very disappointed in the mainstream political parties in my country, so I'm most likely going to vote for some smaller party that have a very narrow program focused on one of the topics I personally care about.

EDIT:
    Also on a more general note, IMO the European parliament in its current form is just a money pit with very little power or purpose. They are implementing changes that give more power to the EU parliament, but I think it will still remain inconsequential when compared to the EU Commission.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-05-07 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No for two reasons:

1. I'm in Johnny Foreigner Land and can't be bothered to register locally or for a postal ballot.

2. It's the Euro elections...meh. I vote in the General Elections, but not piddly ones.

Why wouldn't you vote? Why wouldn't you ever vote, seriously. At worst you can protest vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Yep, voting the sweden democrats in the EU elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, voting Pro-EU

Deleted
    I will vote, anyone who does not vote surrenders their right to complain in my opinion. If you dont take part, you dont deserve a say.

I'll most likely be voting the Green party. (uk voter).

From a UK perspective, personally I think anyone voting UKIP needs a slap. Not for their stance, but for the fact that their MEPs take the taxpayers money and then actively work against the interests of the UK, refusing to work for their constituents even when a measure is entirely to their benefit. Bunch of cheating, fraudulent, layabouts the lot of them.

From a UK perspective If you vote UKIP I'll think your a bit of a cunt.

I can see some legitmate arguments against being in the EU (and some legitmate arguments for). However it also seems that a good number of anti-EU folk don't actually use the good arguments to justify their stance and just come across as a bunch of xenophobes.

Either way though, UKIP are hypocritical (hiring non-UK actors for campaigns) and have more than a few genuine racists amongst it's party ranks.

I'm going to vote, and I'm going to vote for a party with a pro-EU stance.