Thread: Skyforge

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Just a reminder stress test starts tomorrow so if you want to give it a go can try then but beware of the possibility of server issues
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, since the game is "out" now for a few hours(? headstart at least) - any impressions yet?
    I checked a few videos, but would like some opinions on how it compares to the other current "big" f2p games out there (TERA, Wildstar[f2p soon], Neverwinter, etc.)?
    How's the combat system/cash shop etc. - what kind of endgame is there going to be? Dungeons, raids?

If anyone is already playing I'd love to hear something about it. Thinking about getting the founder's pack, but still a bit unsure about the game in general.
    Thanks!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since Thursday when head start started. I am loving the game.

Combat system is amazing. The animations are so smooth and the combat flows so well.

Cash shop isn't pay to win at all. Yes, you can buy argents (a cash currency) and exchange them for credits, but the bulk of the game is from sparks of insight which you can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piene View Post
    So, since the game is "out" now for a few hours(? headstart at least) - any impressions yet?
    I checked a few videos, but would like some opinions on how it compares to the other current "big" f2p games out there (TERA, Wildstar[f2p soon], Neverwinter, etc.)?
    How's the combat system/cash shop etc. - what kind of endgame is there going to be? Dungeons, raids?

If anyone is already playing I'd love to hear something about it. Thinking about getting the founder's pack, but still a bit unsure about the game in general.
    Thanks!
    I'd hold off, it "releases" this coming Thursday, so not long.

From what I've played/seen, it's alright. Definitely smaller in scope (it's basically a lobby game), but still pretty and pretty high production values. Basically, imagine it mostly as a dungeon grinder.

In terms of combat, it's a soft "action" system. You basically need to have your crosshair close to an enemy for it to auto lockon and have your hits land.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed what I played in the closed beta and I'm definitely going to play it at launch, but I don't think I'd be willing to throw down money on it quite yet, even having played and enjoyed it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have a lock-on button and you can also tab target things as well. At least I'm able to o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd hold off, it "releases" this coming Thursday, so not long.

From what I've played/seen, it's alright. Definitely smaller in scope (it's basically a lobby game), but still pretty and pretty high production values. Basically, imagine it mostly as a dungeon grinder.

In terms of combat, it's a soft "action" system. You basically need to have your crosshair close to an enemy for it to auto lockon and have your hits land.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed what I played in the closed beta and I'm definitely going to play it at launch, but I don't think I'd be willing to throw down money on it quite yet, even having played and enjoyed it.
    So its essentially Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 combat/world/dungeon system then? That's not too bad but yeah, not on my priority list atm. Also don't like that the Zerker is behind a pay wall. Is the paladin a dps with a shield or a tank? So many MMOs get the tank dps shit all wrong or assume people want to tank with a shield instead of dps.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies, sounds rather uninteresting for me - guess I'll give it a shot but gonna wait for the f2p release then. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    So its essentially Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 combat/world/dungeon system then? That's not too bad but yeah, not on my priority list atm. Also don't like that the Zerker is behind a pay wall. Is the paladin a dps with a shield or a tank? So many MMOs get the tank dps shit all wrong or assume people want to tank with a shield instead of dps.
    None of the classes are behind a paywall. If you buy the highest founder package (which goes away in 3 days) you get it unlocked right away, otherwise you just play the game and unlock it like any of the other 10 non starting classes.

There should be a collectors edition released later this week that includes instant access to the knight and alchemist, among other things.

Paladin and Knight are considered Tanks. Lightbinder and Alchemist are Support. Cryomancer, Archer, Gunner, Warlock/Witch, Berserker, Kinetic, Necromancer, Slayer and Monk are dps.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to try this out when it goes open beta Thurs. Had forgotten until my wife mentioned it last night. I'm a sucker for new MMOs, especially when they have this level of quality.
    BAD WOLF

I really dug PSO so I'll be downloading this.

Deleted
    been playing alot recently and its pretty fun.. hope they add an eshop with the option to buy classes after founders packs go. It can be a grind for some of the more advanced classes even hitting the cap each week.

Deleted
    Im interested in giving it a try... However, I've been browsing around their website but can't find any information about the f2p model. I could be blind somehow so if someone less blind than me care to post a link that would be awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Im interested in giving it a try... However, I've been browsing around their website but can't find any information about the f2p model. I could be blind somehow so if someone less blind than me care to post a link that would be awesome
    This may be what you are looking for: http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcemen...tion-explained

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    This may be what you are looking for: http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcemen...tion-explained
    Gives an idea on how it will work, and it seems like an ok model =)
    I read on the forum though that unlocking new classes takes a while due to some spark cap, and that the cap is reached quite fast for people with lots of gaming time. I personally don't mind it, I don't have that much gaming time anyway so probably won't be reaching much caps, but it seems unfun for those with a lot of gaming time and I wouldn't feel restricted if those players got ahead in the game, especially since it seems matchmaking will take care of that. Im also usually slowest leveler around in mmos, so Im used to it :P So, the cap it a bit strange, however it could be understandable with players today "consuming content" at a very fast rate and it will make content last a bit longer, but Im not sure if this is right way to do it since some might be upset and choose rather not to play at all. What do you people think?

Deleted
    avoid pink node routes.. from what ive been told you need something daft like 30k prestiege to unlock them. plan your routes to classes carefully! you might end up wasting weeks worth of sparks :P

Deleted
    Bought a 1month premium and gave the game a go for a couple hours this afternoon.

It's very very beautiful, doesn't seem to be P2W (unlike the Russian version), the combat system feels very nice and it's something different at least.

I get the feeling in the long term the PvE is likely to come off as a huge grind, but right now just playing through the story and mini-dungeons is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the servers going today? Or is it not fully open yet?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Fully open, but no clue. Given the issues during early access, I'd imagine things are a bit rough at the very least, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fully open, but no clue. Given the issues during early access, I'd imagine things are a bit rough at the very least, though.
    Yeah I'm curious b/c I saw they had some issues recently and I wanted to try it out for a few hours when I get home from work.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Fully open, no issues or queues. They did have a 1 and a half hour delay to launch but been smooth since then.