10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    OMG I cant stop laughing that video is great and I have to agree that this is how I feel when people tell me "They look the same" im like o.O wut?

but to call people "Best blind and dumb artists of the year" is a bit harsh. I am not satisfied with how the model looks atm, and have to say that the edit by reimann was really nice, but no need to resort to name calling.
    Well maybe I'm throwing things at the wrong people here. I'm not talking about Reimann, who makes beautyful edits, and maybe I'm even wrong with blaming Blizzards artists. The artists may have to work on a tight schedule and in the end, many models may feel rushed. Not because the artists are bad, but because the time was short and it's top-down commanded to finish all the models until 6.0. The beauty artists can do is limited and can't be bought with money. If an artist needs his time, you have to grant it.

BEAUTY, to adorn all great and important undertakings.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I feel the same way, but I chalked it up to the fact that I only play female characters and thus don't really care about the details of the males. But all the male models look awesome to me in a way that my nitpicky eyes refuse to see when looking at the females. Except female dwarves, I love everything about the new ones more than the old ones without a single little issue.
    female dwarf(actually look more womanly), female gnome(outside the the annoying big eyes), and female orc actually turned out great. all the other females on the other hand didnt. its shocking.
    i have 44 characters(across 4 servers and 2 factions) total so i notice it more. well the only character i dont really have is male human because its boring and they look stuff.

but yeah just very odd.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted

I mean, could I atleast get some eyelashes like the picture from the original post of this forum to make my toon a little more feminine?
    Hmm, interesting point. I didn't noticed that before, but indeed they seems to doesn't have eyelashes yet. And they should, as it was shown on Artcraft:

I wouldnt know, I am neither an artist nor a blizzard employee, I am not happy with the models, but there a plenty of people who are. I do feel like some of the models are not even close to the original, and when i try to explain it, I feel like im in that video that Rhywolver linked. All i can do is pray that there are changes instore, however, with 6.0 right around the corner.. i doubt it. :c

I mean, could I atleast get some eyelashes like the picture from the original post of this forum to make my toon a little more feminine?
    it seems like a 50/50 split right now for like and hate of the new models. certain models i am fine with others not so much like human female, why does she look like a teenage sex doll?(least that is what it looked like the last time i checked.)
    well there is nothing stopping them from sending out minor fixes after the launch happens though i doubt they will.

would be nice. also looking back wtf with the new eyebrows? looks like a white tree branch(for my druid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    female dwarf(actually look more womanly), female gnome(outside the the annoying big eyes), and female orc actually turned out great. all the other females on the other hand didnt. its shocking.
    i have 44 characters(across 4 servers and 2 factions) total so i notice it more. well the only character i dont really have is male human because its boring and they look stuff.

but yeah just very odd.
    I do NOT like what my gnome's face has updated into, and my main (orc female) looks way grumpier than her vanilla face, so even though I love their new models, their faces aren't exactly right. My orc isn't unbearably different, but there's no way I'm not changing my gnome's face as soon as the pre-patch goes live. I hate it.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Hmm, interesting point. I didn't noticed that before, but indeed they seems to doesn't have eyelashes yet. And they should, as it was shown on Artcraft:
    those eyebrows. >_<

Deleted
    those eyebrows. >_<

Personally love that eyebrows. But they seems to remain the same?
    I miss the eyelashes, but smile luckily isn't as hard.

I do NOT like what my gnome's face has updated into, and my main (orc female) looks way grumpier than her vanilla face, so even though I love their new models, their faces aren't exactly right. My orc isn't unbearably different, but there's no way I'm not changing my gnome's face as soon as the pre-patch goes live. I hate it.
    my only problem was the eyes for gnome female. of course i am not really caring for right now until when i have the money to race change my draenei warrior into a gnome. then i will problem find more issues.
    they were doing good at the start then blizzard started failing. must be that "being rushed feeling"

- - - Updated - - -

well that one is fine actually. still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^agreed, I am really happy with how the eyebrows turned out, but some eyelashes would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    my only problem was the eyes for gnome female.
    I don't really mind the size of the eyes, but my gnome uses the second face (blue eyed innocent looking face) and now she's got angry, oddly high arches for eyebrows, and weird black smudges under her eyes like she put on mascara then cried a bunch. Her eyes are also turquoise instead of blue but that doesn't bother me too much.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I don't really mind the size of the eyes, but my gnome uses the second face (blue eyed innocent looking face) and now she's got angry, oddly high arches for eyebrows, and weird black smudges under her eyes like she put on mascara then cried a bunch. Her eyes are also turquoise instead of blue but that doesn't bother me too much.
    sounds like i should recheck my gnome monk then.

I think the idea "being rushed" is behind so many problems you guys have is ridiculous. It takes an artist a matter of hours to minutes to sculpt or draw a leg, animating and finalizing design decisions and creating geosets that translate into the fold of the other player races takes most of the time. The proportions and overly stylized and cartoony things people don't like look the way they look because of intentions, and a conflict of opinion between you and the artist. Rushing an artist doesn't create characters that are muscular in ways you don't like.

If there was an issue of being rushed, we would not have seen so many different optional variations and experiments in the last 6 months.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-10-04 at 08:22 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I think the idea "being rushed" is behind so many problems you guys have is ridiculous. It takes an artist a matter of hours to minutes to sculpt or draw a leg, animating and finalizing design decisions and creating geosets that translate into the fold of the other player races takes most of the time. The proportions look the way they look because of intentions, and a conflict of opinion between you and the artist. Rushing an artist doesn't create characters that are muscular in ways you don't like.

If there was an issue of being rushed, we would not have seen so many different options and experiments in the last 6 months.
    they have done a lot of bullcrap changes because they are rushing. so yes the models can be affected by this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I think the idea "being rushed" is behind so many problems you guys have is ridiculous. It takes an artist a matter of hours to minutes to sculpt or draw a leg, animating and finalizing design decisions and creating geosets that translate into the fold of the other player races takes most of the time. The proportions and overly stylized and cartoony things people don't like look the way they look because of intentions, and a conflict of opinion between you and the artist. Rushing an artist doesn't create characters that are muscular in ways you don't like.

If there was an issue of being rushed, we would not have seen so many different optional variations and experiments in the last 6 months.
    If they aren't rushing, how come they've to date not managed to fix even the obvious bugs on some models?

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    If they aren't rushing, how come they've to date not managed to fix even the obvious bugs on some models?
    They are lazy?

They had those eyelashes from the Artcraft when they were first introduced in beta, even in different colors depending on hair color (I hated that. Who the hell wants white or light green eyelashes?) But then a few builds later they dissapeared. I've noticed it from the moment that particular build was released but a lot of people didn't seem to miss them and I'm afraid the devs will forget about them as well... Yet they are so important to the face, especially to the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post
    They had those eyelashes from the Artcraft when they were first introduced in beta, even in different colors depending on hair color (I hated that. Who the hell wants white or light green eyelashes?) But then a few builds later they dissapeared. I've noticed it from the moment that particular build was released but a lot of people didn't seem to miss them and I'm afraid the devs will forget about them as well... Yet they are so important to the face, especially to the eyes!
    Whats wrong with white?

Whats wrong with white?
    Well, dark (mainly black) eyelashes - because all the girls apply black mascara - are used to make the eyes stand out in the face, to make them 'pop'. White ones don't and when you have white eyelashes and you zoom out there would just be this white pixely dot above your eye, which looks especially weird because all the eyes have dark/black eyeliner/painted on eyelashes, so it doesn't blend in.

Obviously it's my opinion that I don't like the lighter colors for eyelashes, but the problem is: I can't use a white/silver haircolor if that means I would also have that eyelash color, it would bother me a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post
    Well, dark (mainly black) eyelashes - because all the girls apply black mascara - are used to make the eyes stand out in the face, to make them 'pop'. White ones don't and when you have white eyelashes and you zoom out there would just be this white pixely dot above your eye, which looks especially weird because all the eyes have dark/black eyeliner/painted on eyelashes, so it doesn't blend in.

Obviously it's my opinion that I don't like the lighter colors for eyelashes, but the problem is: I can't use a white/silver haircolor if that means I would also have that eyelash color, it would bother me a lot.
    You do make a good point, at first i was like "Hey! I like white" But then you describe that, and im like omg, that would be terrible. I feel like it would just make the eyes look unnaturally large, and black masquerra and eyelashes may help to make the eyes a little more shapely.

You do make a good point, at first i was like "Hey! I like white" But then you describe that, and im like omg, that would be terrible. I feel like it would just make the eyes look unnaturally large, and black masquerra and eyelashes may help to make the eyes a little more shapely.
    Yeah it looked REALLY bad with the white/silver hair colour. Trying to see if I still have an old screenshot of my toon with the freaky white eyelashes...