15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    If only they actually read and responded to them...
    They cannot respond to them. That doesn't mean they do not read them.

Sig by Isilrien

I don't understand why Blizz doesn't just go "fuck it" and allow players to use character mods legally. Is it really such a traumatic, horrifying thing to let players modify the textures to give their character the right lip color? Edit the torso texture? Like who's that really hurting?

I guess if someone colored all enemy players neon green in pvp but that still doesn't seem much different given you can have their name tags pop up anyhow that is just as "giving away".

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    I don't understand why Blizz doesn't just go "fuck it" and allow players to use character mods legally. Is it really such a traumatic, horrifying thing to let players modify the textures to give their character the right lip color? Edit the torso texture? Like who's that really hurting?

I guess if someone colored all enemy players neon green in pvp but that still doesn't seem much different given you can have their name tags pop up anyhow that is just as "giving away".
    Well, you could do it in the past (replace textures and models), but people used it to cheat in the arena and such.

Actually, yes. Blizz has their vision about how WarCraft should look like and they are very proud of it. If there's a mod like that then where's the line?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Actually, yes. Blizz has their vision about how WarCraft should look like and they are very proud of it. If there's a mod like that then where's the line?
    They could create workshop-like thing. Everything made by community would go through Blizzard inspection and they can decide if it fits in WoW or not.

I would love to make my own hair style or a shirt, but of course it should fit in WoW, so they could accept or refuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    They could create workshop-like thing. Everything made by community would go through Blizzard inspection and they can decide if it fits in WoW or not.

I would love to make my own hair style or a shirt, but of course it should fit in WoW, so they could accept or refuse it.
    That would be good. Like holding a contest or something and the winners get to have their works put in the game. I don't think Blizzard will do it though. It seems to require quite lot of time to set this sort of things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohirrims View Post
    But yeah, lipstick colour should be tied to the face not the skin colour if they won't let us pick these things independently.
    I wonder if we'd get a response saying that adding new character customization buttons would break the game, akin to whatever their reasoning was for not being able to expand the 16-slot backpack. My mind id always boggled by how simple char customization still is

Deleted
    That would be good. Like holding a contest or something and the winners get to have their works put in the game. I don't think Blizzard will do it though. It seems to require quite lot of time to set this sort of things up.
    Yes but once set, it makes the game go on forever and community starts making a lot of content and developers can focus on other stuff in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Well, you could do it in the past (replace textures and models), but people used it to cheat in the arena and such.
    Someone told me things like stealth rely on transparency. Is that not the case? I thought that people would just make stealthy guys neon pink

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I wonder if we'd get a response saying that adding new character customization buttons would break the game, akin to whatever their reasoning was for not being able to expand the 16-slot backpack. My mind id always boggled by how simple char customization still is
    They actually HAVE said that before, that adding more options is game breaking because they're "set up" to only have x amount of choices. Which to me sounds bogus but whatever.

Don't remember where I read it but I think it was on MMO-C you could prob google and find it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

But the thing is, they don't have any way to control that. Once they make it so that it's possible (and yes, it is technically possible now, but bannable), then there's no reason you will have to go through the Blizzard "gates"... you can just make a texture pack and put it in the appropriate folders.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it; but it will probably never happen.

Sig by Isilrien

They actually HAVE said that before, that adding more options is game breaking because they're "set up" to only have x amount of choices. Which to me sounds bogus but whatever.
    Were that true then we'd never have gotten new hairstyles and there also wouldn't be such a huge discrepancy in the customization options between races, just to name a couple reasons why that's total nonsense.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzle View Post

Sitting here saying they don't care, they won't fix it, etc... what does that accomplish? Nothing but a pity party. Let's not have a pity party. Let's make changes happen.
    We don't make changes happen, Blizz makes 'em happen if they feel like it. Just like they felt like it with some races and didn't feel like it with others. But sure, you can keep up the defense all you want, since it's mostly what you do on this thread and others.

All I'm saying is they should know that they are destroying their own creation and alienating fans of the game and of the races. I doubt it's their intention to lose fans and money. What's the point of attracting people to your game with interesting and unique characters, then destroying their appeal with half-assed and sloppy artwork? I'm calling it as it is because it's no use being respectful towards a company who disrespects me as a customer in the first place. Their technical capabilities are able to produce much, MUCH better than this:

The fact that is taking them so long to adress even a minor issue clearly indicates where the nelf female model stands on their to-do list. That's what is bothering us, "impatient" folks in our "pity party" as you call it.
    Last edited by mmoc4270a35a12; 2015-02-07 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    It's especially great on DK's ... truly horrifying.

Have you heard Goblin females laugh? And ... in general? I really like my Shaman, but when I started getting back into WoW last year after a long break, I had a *really* hard time getting used again to her combat talk. "That ain't ready yet", "I can't do that yet", "still rechaaaargin'", in that Jersey accent ... it's genius, the VO is so well done, but it can also really grate on you
    Oh my gosh, I looooove the female goblin's voice. Can't get enough of it. Then again I also love the female tauren's voice and the female panda's voice, and I'm told those are equally unpopular.

I especially love femgob's mischevious giggle and one of the /cry... not the sobbing one, but the one that almost sounds like Janice from FRIENDS. Maybe that's why she doesn't annoy me. I always liked Chandler and Janice.

/offtopic

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post
    We don't make changes happen, Blizz makes 'em happen if they feel like it. Just like they felt like it with some races and didn't feel like it with others. But sure, you can keep up the defense all you want, since it's mostly what you do on this thread and others.
    I believe you quoted the wrong person there just thought i'd point that out to avoid any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post

All I'm saying is they should know that they are destroying their own creation and alienating fans of the game and of the races. I doubt it's their intention to lose fans and money. What's the point of attracting people to your game with interesting and unique characters, then destroying their appeal with half-assed and sloppy artwork? I'm calling it as it is because it's no use being respectful towards a company who disrespects me as a customer in the first place. Their technical capabilities are able to produce much, MUCH better than this:

The fact that is taking them so long to adress even a minor issue clearly indicates where the nelf female model stands on their to-do list. That's what is bothering us, "impatient" folks in our "pity party" as you call it.
    What exactly is wrong with that picture? -_-"

What exactly is wrong with that picture? -_-"
    eh, compared to every other model, it's pretty damn low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, compared to every other model, it's pretty damn low quality.
    In texture?

Deleted
    In texture?
    It's also nothing similar to the old model, and missing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much they can do in terms of Textures, as they are still 512 x 512 for the Body.