Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    You have it backwards because you're confusing muscle tone with size. A six pack has more to do with less fat than it does large muscles. Stronger bulkier beings generally have more fat and less muscle definition than a quicker agile being with a good diet. Have you ever seen a weightlifting competition? They really have little muscle definition, and almost look out of shape in comparison to a body builder, swimmer, or runner. It makes sense that the night elf female has a clearer muscle definition, especially on the stomach. An Orc, even in really good shape should be bulkier but less toned because raw strength like that comes with a layer of fat over the muscle.

It's for males but

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    Try this updated edit on for size:
    Oh hell yes. I would be perfectly happy with those abs.

The rest of the edits you did to the body... I prefer Blizz's version of the hips, shoulders, arms. But those abs are great. It actually makes her stomach look flatter, though I'm pretty sure you didn't edit the silhouette there?

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    Nope! However I did tuck her ribcage in before just a lil bit at the very bottom and broaden it at the second visible rib. It doesn't touch the belly or waist, but it's a sharper dip in connection to the waist!
    Ahhh yes, I see it now. Still, I think I would be happy with that. I always imagined the best analogous body type would be that of an Olympic gymnast (only, obviously, much taller). Night elves would need strong, lean muscles like gymnasts have to be able parkour through the forest like in the Classic teaser.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    It's almost like some people think "feminist" is a dirty word or an insult. :P
    Because it is especially when feminism tries to police a male hobby.

I seriously want to know Blizzard's reasoning behind why they've changed Night Elf females from soft beautiful young women into muscular women with hardened tapering faces.

Why?

Because it's more true to their original design?

I just don't understand why Blizzard would risk making a popular race less popular if not for ideological reasons.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2014-06-13 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Because it is especially when feminism tries to police a male hobby.

I seriously want to know Blizzard's reasoning behind why they've changed Night Elf females from soft beautiful young women to muscular women with hardened tapering faces.

Why?

Because it's more true to their original design?

I just don't understand why Blizzard would risk making a popular race less popular if not for ideological reasons.
    Male hobby? So... games can't be a female hobby as well (to you)? Yikes, no wonder stuff is going down in this thread with these kind of comments.

As for the model's texture... all Blizzard needs to do is tone it down a bit on the muscle texture and find that balance between fair and lean. Night Elves are supposedly the amazon-type of ladies but since their old model didn't portray it as such because of lower quality texture work, Blizzard shouldn't suddenly pull that look out of the woodworks. It is too big of a change. I myself am okay with it (even though the bellybutton and abs need some work) but I can get the objections from other people.

it has nothing to do with that ideology. we already answered garian two dozen pages ago. the "soul" of the night elf model is that of an amazonian archtype elite warrior. Moving on from this endless repetition.

In one topic, people are decrying how blizzard is misogynist for it's depiction of women. in another, it's screaming at them for their feminist ideology ruining "a male hobby" (btw, this word is goddamn disgusting and garian is only pointing out more than he has, that he has some serious gender-esteem issues)..

It's not "too big of a change", no more than the other models are receiving. the quality of the models is going up and their bodies becoming more detailed and defined. Specially seeing as all this "muscle definition" is going to be covered up by armor anyway.

goddamn i'am getting caught up in it again and contributing to this crap. For god's sake 50 pages of this crap derailing other more meaningful topics. Enough already.

Facial tattoo's. Did everyone see the 2d layouts of the night elf texture skins? they revealed the updated facial tattoo's, which all look great ofcourse but also some new one's that looked great. I hope we get even more. The facial tattoo's are unique to the NE race and add a lot to the character, helms with open faces can go really well with them. (warrior with the "eye slash" tattoo and a neat helm to go with it)

Anyone found any fanart models and art with unique and interesting facial tattoo's that we'd love to have?

Dwarves should definately get some wildhammer body/facial paints going on btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Feminists don't like women being "objectified" and turned into sex objects.

It's a serious question.

Is that why the old model was destroyed?
    The old model was destroyed because Blizz took the "elite amazonian warrior woman" too far. To cater to a part of the nelf fans. The others.. well... can just use the old models, right? Or reroll, nelfs dont need THAT much popularity anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Male hobby? So... games can't be a female hobby as well (to you)? Yikes, no wonder stuff is going down in this thread with these kind of comments.

As for the model's texture... all Blizzard needs to do is tone it down a bit on the muscle texture and find that balance between fair and lean. Night Elves are supposedly the amazon-type of ladies but since their old model didn't portray it as such because of lower quality texture work, Blizzard shouldn't suddenly pull that look out of the woodworks. It is too big of a change. I myself am okay with it (even though the bellybutton and abs need some work) but I can get the objections from other people.

Yeah. I'm getting a bit sick of the "wooomg objectification" bullshit. But more so.. "male hobby".. really? That's just pretty stupid, ignorant and.. well, pathetic.

EDIT: I'm fine with the current Night Elf female. I like her more than the old model because she fits the "amazonian warrior" role better. But her belly button does irk me. It's too.. I don't know.. defined?
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-06-13 at 08:52 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one! I like everything on it but the hips (I miss the old jutting hipbone/saddlebag look on the current new model). The abs there are a bit too soft, but even that I would be happy with. It's definitely better than a completely soft belly, like she's been sitting around in a palace all day eating chocolates.
    ooo god... dude.

Artcraft-> complainst->fanmade_> complainst->adjustments-> complaining about 1 nail being longer then the other one...or shes now suddenly fat?

#dramaqueens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post
    The old model was destroyed because Blizz took the "elite amazonian warrior woman" too far .
    Oo just stop, the ones who played night elf will play them anyway in wod EVEN if 1 nail is longer then the other one.

Deleted
    Don't feed the troll! (no offence for Azerothian trolls! ) This is not a thread about feminism, masculinism, gender, fapping for pixels, etc., etc. Back to the constructive discussion about model.
    My opinion is known, but many people, many opinions, this is normal. And we can talk about this politely and wise. Every concrete and constructive opinions (without any ideological off-topic) are good. Photoshop edits are even better - I like the Reimann's one. I see better hips and hands - also great plus for adding claws. Belly is still nicely muscled, and anatomically correct, and thighs seems to be a little slimmer. Shoulders are higher, chin more triangular and mouth aren't smiling too much. Great work, I think if Blizzard's worker would go that way, most of people who love Night Elves would be really pleased.

That's the one! I like everything on it but the hips (I miss the old jutting hipbone/saddlebag look on the current new model). The abs there are a bit too soft, but even that I would be happy with. It's definitely better than a completely soft belly, like she's been sitting around in a palace all day eating chocolates.

That is what I imagine a fat night elf would look like, personally.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Think of the calories caster carriers have to burn in order to not be spherical with mages throwing around nothing but pastries?

Can't we have a conjured mana steak? Conjured Cobb Salad? Conjured Granola Bar even!?

Awesome signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Oo just stop, the ones who played night elf will play them anyway in wod EVEN if 1 nail is longer then the other one.
    If you want to ridicule people's oppinion for no use, go ahead, but this is not about nail length, it is about the model as a whole. As long as it's still possible, I am going to be vocal about it. Blizz should be aware that some fans do not agree to the fact that they have not kept faithful to the old model, as they promised.
    If they wont pay attention to this, well, at least we tried. If WOD comes out and I wont like my character, well.. there are other MMOS.
    Last edited by mmoc4270a35a12; 2014-06-13 at 03:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    ooo god... dude.

Artcraft-> complainst->fanmade_> complainst->adjustments-> complaining about 1 nail being longer then the other one...or shes now suddenly fat?

#dramaqueens
    Er... I ever said she was fat. Ever. Please, go back and reread my post, and try to understand what the words mean this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post

That is what I imagine a fat night elf would look like, personally.
    Hahaha I've always loved that picture. But no, night elves are Asian-inspired, and I've tried on clothes from Taiwan and Japan. I'm like a L here in the States, or an XXXXXXXXXXL in Taiwainese sizing. Even a fat night elf is still skinny. :P

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha I've always loved that picture. But no, night elves are Asian-inspired, and I've tried on clothes from Taiwan and Japan. I'm like a L here in the States, or an XXXXXXXXXXL in Taiwainese sizing. Even a fat night elf is still skinny. :P
    She's also some 7' feet tall. It wouldn't matter if she's a size 0 among Night Elves, she'd still be HUGE in real-world sizes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    But no, night elves are Asian-inspired, and I've tried on clothes from Taiwan and Japan. I'm like a L here in the States, or an XXXXXXXXXXL in Taiwainese sizing. Even a fat night elf is still skinny. :P
    I must protest. Night Elves are nothing for Asian, physically and culturally. Only their architecture is some mariage between Japanese, old Nordic and ancient Greek-Roman architecture. Night Elves culturally are based rather on:
    - ancient celtic Sidhe, mysterious deities of nature and fertility
    - ancient Celts themselves with their social structure and power wielding by Druids
    - ancient greek Nymphs and Fauns
    - ancient nordic Alfar
    - Amazons mythos
    - Tolkien's Silvan Elves
    - probably native Northern Americans but not as far as Taurens are

They even physically are nothing compared to Asian people. Their physics is clearly northern European with their long, angular face and long, sharp noses (even hooked in male's case) - Asian faces are round and their noses are very small. Night Elves also are very tall and athletic, and Asians are rather short and very slim. Also elven eyes are different. Narrow, yes - but in European style. Maybe eastern european (like Russian or Ukrainian models sometime have) but definitely not eastern Asian.

And for comparison:

Asian styled elf:

European styled elf:

The difference is very big, this faces are completely another and Asian girls, though they are pretty, don't match Night Elven and even none known by me elven race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    I must protest. Night Elves are nothing for Asian, physically and culturally. Only their architecture is some mariage between Japanese, old Nordic and ancient Greek-Roman architecture.
    Well... thanks, but I was only joking o_O

Sig by Isilrien

I seriously want to know Blizzard's reasoning behind why they've changed Night Elf females from soft beautiful young women to muscular women with hardened tapering faces.
    Because nelf females are meant to be like that. They are the main military of the elves, eat lean and practise a lot.

Also they had 10.000 years to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    I must protest. Night Elves are nothing for Asian, physically and culturally. Only their architecture is some mariage between Japanese, old Nordic and ancient Greek-Roman architecture. Night Elves culturally are based rather on:
    - ancient celtic Sidhe, mysterious deities of nature and fertility
    - ancient Celts themselves with their social structure and power wielding by Druids
    - ancient greek Nymphs and Fauns
    - ancient nordic Alfar
    - Amazons mythos
    - Tolkien's Silvan Elves
    - probably native Northern Americans but not as far as Taurens are

They even physically are nothing compared to Asian people. Their physics is clearly northern European with their long, angular face and long, sharp noses (even hooked in male's case) - Asian faces are round and their noses are very small. Night Elves also are very tall and athletic, and Asians are rather short and very slim. Also elven eyes are different. Narrow, yes - but in European style. Maybe eastern european (like Russian or Ukrainian models sometime have) but definitely not eastern Asian.

The difference is very big, this faces are completely another and Asian girls, though they are pretty, don't match Night Elven and even none known by me elven race.
    Well, culturally they are a mixture of Norwegian, various Eastern Asian cultures, and Greek/Roman. Highborne buildings (and Temples of Elune) are extremely Greek and Roman in design. Traditionally, Night Elves eat many things commonly found in Japanese and Korean cuisine - kimchi, pears, sunfruit, rice, etc. Some are Asian-Greek mixtures, such as their wine made of ginger, stored in Greco-Roman inspired amphorae. They also like spice bread, which is across many cultures, as well as octopi, which is common in many seaside nations in real life. Their buildings are inspired equally by pagodas of eastern Asia as well as traditional Norwegian buildings. The swirling designs used in their furniture, flags, clothes, etc is very Celtic and Scandinavian in nature - which makes sense, considering where this type of elves originated.

Their traditional clothes are very Chinese inspired, as well as the Lunar Festival itself, which is based off the Chinese New Year. The use of fireworks to scare off Omen (as well as the mention of Omen himself) is a nod toward the tradition in the Chinese New Year to scare off Nian - a demon that comes out around that time. It should be noted that Omen's model in the files is also called a "nian". They also give out Red envelopes in the festival in Night Elven culture and in real life during that time.

Another notable thing about Night Elf society is the way they name their World Trees. Nordrassil, Vordrassil, and Teldrassil are all named after Yggdrasil, of Norse mythology. Elune's name comes from the latin root "luna" meaning "moon" which was also the Roman name for the goddess Selene. However, it's much similar to the French word, "lune" (which of course is derived from the Latin root). The prominence of female huntresses points more toward Artemis (Roman name, Diana) as the inspiration of Elune, or a combination of both.

TLDR - Yes, they are based heavily on Asian cultures, but also several other ancient cultures as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    I agree with some architecture, housefolds items, food and some examples of clothing. Right, many of them are eastern Asian inspired. But most of the culture is a hybrid of mostly all ancient European cultures and physically they are European styled with maybe some native American features. For me Night Elves are much closer to Megan Fox or Monica Bellucci than Chinese, Korean or Japanese models and actresses. Only Lucy Liu is known by me famous Chinese actress who has face features matching Night Elves, because she has longer face and nose than typical Chinese woman.