Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No they didn't. The original NE females were a work of art. Men loved them, and women wanted to be them.

You do like feminine women, right Darenyon?
    i do, which is why i play a draenei and not a nelf...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    Indeed. The new Night Elf females look like masculinized men.

That PTR run is much better. Thank Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Lipstick Fix yet, GG Blizzard we can count on you as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    Half a year later we get a baby step - a flattened run animation. Hey maybe in another half a year we'll get faces that match our decade of history with our characters and they'll put in ALL our animations!

I am truly humbled by the triumph in progress this patch will mark. And here I doubted Blizz.
    My personal list of Fixes i still want to see are:

- Wrong Lipstick Colors
    - Missing Falling Animation
    - Bugged Sheathed 1H Animation
    - Cheeks and Nose clipping thru Facemask/Helmets

But i doubt that will ever happen, since they alter stuff that's not even broken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- Wrong Lipstick Colors

But i doubt that will ever happen, since they alter stuff that's not even broken.
    This plus wrong head angle, which becomes very obvious if you wear a fishing hat or a similar item.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No they didn't. The original NE females were a work of art. Men loved them, and women wanted to be them.

You do like feminine women, right Darenyon?
    They did had great models and animations indeed. But they were the tomboy figures. They looked like males from behind (specially when she was having the longest hair option) there was no hourglass shape from torso to waist and then to the rear, in fact she was lacking a bum, it was super flat. Even their sitting animations shown them in kinda hunched position.

The new models got this advantage that at least she has a bum, yet in terms of shape the body is very fauithful to original. But she is still nowhere near as feminine as draenei or troll female. At least in my opinion.

But you know it was striking me oddly that nelf females have been shown farily quickly yet they went live with blurred textures, while troll females were the last female model to be shown and yet their bodies and textures are truly HD in feel, in fact I think troll female has the best skin texture quality above others, just like male draenei has the best body texture in terms of quality above other males.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-02 at 09:15 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post

- Wrong Lipstick Colors

I feel ya... Seconding this in support of justifiably disgruntled Nelf Female players...

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

they always looked androgynous.
    Was, become
    Inaccurate comparisons, but only to describe my attitude to changes of this particular model.
    New draenei also has many problems due to severe changes in the proportions. Blizzard just made them all human females proportions with saving gabarits. But I do not like this concept because: 1) this was the reason for changing the whole animation 2) has led to problems with the interaction models to the world, 3) well, because they're not human (damn them to hell), it's the other races, why should they have human torso physiology, why not like they were all those 10 years?! (most of them had ectomorph or mixed body type)
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Just tell me why are you doing this, Blizzard?!

ps. My picture looks disgusting, but you should excuse me - I'm not an artist >_<
    (the lines between the body and legs show how they now separated in skeleton / movements)
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-05-02 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Just tell me why are you doing this, Blizzard?!

ps. My picture looks disgusting, but you should excuse me - I'm not an artist >_<
    Considering how incredibly varied -our- bodies can be irl, if what you say is right, it is indeed weird that there's less now with the revamped models. I'll have to take a closer look myself to verify but for now I imagine you're correct.

That's actually pretty good for not being an artist though, and I had no trouble getting the point you were trying to get across... So don't be too hard on yourself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    I don't play a warrior so I hadn't noticed this in particular, but it's in line with all the other animation changes this model brought. It seems like Blizz's vision for Nelf females is now a sloppy drunk over a disciplined fighter.

It's really the same for the 2-hander animations too. It's as if they were done in a hurry really, which i don't necessarily blame them for, they had a deadline, but now hopefully they can return to them and make improvements, because the models are really only half of what they want to preserve. The animations make the other half which represents the character's "soul" as they put it.

Here too there are big differences if you have played the character for 6 years+ as i have. With the old model she, even here, has that springy energetic animation that i described earlier, a trend with the old night elf female model which is missing now, with the new ones.

Her heels touch the ground only for a second before coming up again, and down, repeatedly, and it's clear that she's really only standing on the toes and heart of the feet. It's very graceful. The angles at which both legs are standing aren't well reproduced. On the left she looks like she's ready to pounce, attack or dash out of harm's way, on the right it looks like she's about to take a dump.

The way she wields the weapon changed too. With the old model she maneuvered it and kept it steady with both her arms, and it gave the impression that there's an actual technique at work. With the new only the left arm is moving the weapon, and very erratically i might add, not at the right angle, wrong movements.

Look at the lower left picture. She's in a attack position, her guard lowered, presenting you her sword, she's placing herself behind her sword actually, and she sways it very little, it's contained in her frame as you view her from the front. She may just plant the tip of her sword in the ground and use it to deflect or thrust forward, either is a possibility. Notice the angle and orientation at which the sword is wielded.

Now compare that to the right. Different leg position, the weapon's position is elevated by contrast to the old, it's no longer in front of her, it's not used to deflect incoming attacks. Both of the images were taken at the same angle and position. Notice how her guard isn't as low as before. Her left leg and foot aren't at the same angle.

I think that the original models drew inspiration from ninja stances. Wish they would return to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using any swift movement based on the original stance would probably cause you to sprain your wrist within 0.1 seconds. ^^
    *totally didn't try and almost injured himself*

and / or possible permanent knee injuries.

Doublechecking the pictures you posted. The new one is far closer to the ninja pictures imo (just legs)
    Last edited by plastkaze; 2015-05-02 at 03:07 PM.
    Thundercunts and stuff

If someone who's been playing a model for 6+ years and loved everything about that model and have become attached to it and its animations, then those aspects should be retained out of respect for that attachment.

More realistic or not, the above animations aren't faithful to the original model, which is unfair towards those who liked the characters the way they were. Additionally, it's also a failing on Blizzard's part in regards to their promise to the players, their goal of "the same, but better".

If you have been maining/playing a Night Elf female and you've been able to live with the original animations then there's no harm in altering these animations. Not altering them, however, is a huge disservice to those who's stuck by their character for all this time.

Deleted
    New build on the PTR and still no update at all for night elves. Humans have been tweeked one more time although they were already way better rended than nelves... I definately don't understand what blizzard has in mind.

At that point I don't hope anymore that my former nelf character will ever be "updated". What I'dlike is still beeing able to see nelves without creepy herp derp face... But perhaps that's asking for too much ?
    Last edited by mmoc3f59c8fa6f; 2015-05-07 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platipough View Post
    New build on the PTR and still no update at all for night elves. Humans have been tweeked one more time although they were already way better rended than nelves... I definately don't understand what blizzard has in mind.

At that point I don't hope anymore that my former nelf character will ever be "updated". What I'dlike is still beeing able to see nelves without creepy herp derp face... But perhaps that's asking for too much ?
    Too much asked yes

Specialy now Subs went down, they have an excuse not to fix Night Elves.

Deleted
    So, is someone know something about 6.2 Night Elf model tweak, or there are completely no tweaks? Except running animations, of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heard nothing, so nothing expected.

Might be a pleasant surprise if they do fix the most important things for our tree huggers. Yet overall even though I think Night Elf got the worst update of all races and esp Belf is 100x better, in my opinion Blizz should focus on more enjoyable content and afterwards clean up the models.

Would rather have something to do with a halfassed model than nothing to do with a polished one.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.2 ready for launch it seems.

Looking forward to not a single fix!

GG Blizz, keep up no work!

Deleted
    I guess running animation is the only thing they'll change in 6.2?

I don't know what's so hard to attach eyelashes which already exist in game files to models and just simply make them black for all hair colors. It's 1 minute work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    I guess running animation is the only thing they'll change in 6.2?

I don't know what's so hard to attach eyelashes which already exist in game files to models and just simply make them black for all hair colors. It's 1 minute work.
    Imagine if WoW had Modding Support, everything would be fixed within 2 weeks.

i wish they'd lower the eyebrows of face 8. it's the only good face now, but those eyebrows make her look like 0.0

they lowered human female's eyebrows, so here's hoping.

oh, and face 8's jaw line is a little off or something... i can't put my finger on what's wrong with it... but hey, at least she's not smiling like she's brain damaged.