Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Cause and effect. If Colored people look more suspicious, it's not me, the white straight man, who cause it is it? As for your second comment, how the hell do you come to Eastern Europeans being colored... Is these colored people to you?
    Its the adidas clothing.

Cause and effect. If Colored people look more suspicious, it's not me, the white straight man, who cause it is it? As for your second comment, how the hell do you come to Eastern Europeans being colored... Is these colored people to you?
    "Looking suspicious" is a pretty vague term; either ways that isn't what you said. You didn't say "Hell I wish they would search these suspicious looking people MORE and get the dangerously cut drugs off our streets" did you.

Quite honestly? I wish they stopped colored people more, it would get all the two dime drug dealers selling dangerously cut drugs off the street.
    And then you ask
    Would you be totally fine if I said Eastern Europeans should be checked more too because they have a larger percentage chance of committing a crime also?
    ... that "also" being the connecting word to your previous comment about searching coloured people. So my answer was to state that seeing as I wasn't happy with the first proposition; what on earth made you think I'd be happy with the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    'Privilege' is such a stupid concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    'Privilege' is such a stupid concept.
    And such a universal one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    And such a universal one.
    Sorry, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    It's a whiny white kid that feels like his accomplishments are belittled by the fact that white males have a societal advantage.
    So, what exactly is this "societal advantage" that white males apparently possess?
    Last edited by Divine Path; 2014-05-15 at 12:24 PM.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    It's a whiny white kid that feels like his accomplishments are belittled by the fact that white males have a societal advantage.
    It's another term for reverse racism. It's an attempt at making white people, today, feel guilty for something someone else did generations ago. It's the supposed concept that ALL white people get "bonus points" just for being white.

It's also hypocrisy at the highest level because the same people who push the concept of "white privilege" also defend Affirmitive Action. (A law which, ironically, gives blacks "bonus points" just for being black.)

Every time I hear some one complain about white privilige, and how I should feel guilty, I have the same response..."how do you know my family wasn't part of the Underground Railroad?"

You can't tell me that in a country where blacks have attained virtually EVERY position of power, that I should feel guilty just for being white.

Tell you what...I'll feel guilty for being white (which I had no control over), for something that happened over a generation ago, that my family was not part of, when you feel guilty (and apologize) for every crime, every wrong, that your race has committed.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2014-05-15 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But this isn't about what happened years ago (though it's part of why it's a problem). It is still happening today.
    In an extremely limited sense.

Once again...when a black man wins the majority vote (for POTUS), the argument that racism is wide-spread becomes laughable.

The reality is that racism will always exist. This is simply a matter of statistics. In a country of over 300 million people not everyone will share the same views. However...implementing policies and laws that address EVERYONE because of what a small minority do or thing, is stupid. Telling every white person that he should feel "privileged" because of his skin color (which he had no control over) is asinine and just as bad as telling every black person they should feel guilty of their skin color, because of something a small minority of blacks do.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Out of interest when you went to school how many times were you stopped by the police on your way home and searched there and then?
    I've been stopped multiple times by the cops just being out and I'm white. I've been stopped with a friend who's asian, never been stopped with a black guy. Yes I was searched.

It is still happening today.
    This keeps getting parroted as a truth, yet, no one can quantify exactly what "it" is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This keeps getting parroted as a truth, yet, no one can quantify exactly what "it" is.
    That exactly the point. Broad brush stokes cover more then small ones. Why define something when its better used ambiguously. You can catch more in the definition.

I already linked examples. Two were the result of research and the other two are so apparent anyone who denies them isn't worth talking to.
    So we're engaging in appeals to popularity?
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    That exactly the point. Broad brush stokes cover more then small ones. Why define something when its better used ambiguously. You can catch more in the definition.
    There have been people who think white privilege is 2 different things in this thread alone.

That's not an appeal to popularity.
    Oh, so you didn't just say that two of your examples are proven because they are obvious to anyone?

I did not.
    Too bad you did:

I already linked examples. Two were the result of research and the other two are so apparent anyone who denies them isn't worth talking to.

Where is the statement of causation?
    You implied that anyone who disagrees with something that is so apparent (to everyone) is automatically wrong. That's an appeal to popularity.

No, it's not. An appeal to popularity is to say that x is true because the majority believe it. I said x is both true and so obvious that you're a dolt if you don't realize it.
    You're saying something is true because it's apparent to everyone. Or,
    because the majority believe it.

Well this is going exciting places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

No, I'm not. As I literally just explained, it is both true and obvious. I did not say it is true because it's obvious. "Because" and "and" are different words, unless you think I just said "because because because" in the first part of this sentence. Is English your second language?
    Now you're back peddling and using personal attacks?

That's not what you said. You said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    the other two are so apparent anyone who denies them isn't worth talking to.
    Which, no matter how many semantics arguments you make, is an appeal to popularity.

What backpedaling? You don't understand English. No matter how bad you are at English, that is not what that is.
    The back peddling in which you tried to claim the second post is actually what you meant, when in fact, that is different than what you originally stated.

For someone trying to ridicule my understanding of English, yours is severely lacking.