Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Please make it easier for me to make things easier, it's too hard." Laughable.

As someone who can only get like 2-3 upgrades from the whole instance (hc-> hcwf) I don't mind it too much, but I think this is really inconveninent for those people who are the main targets of this "help".
    Right now if you kill a boss on heroic, and you get loot, it is straight up upgrade. 553 (or 561 if 2/2) -> 566 (574 if 2/2)
    Now, if they upgrade their normal items four times, and then kill a heroic boss, and they get loot, the gear won't be a straight up upgrade first. 4/4 upgrade 569, hc gear 566. If they don't have the valor, which I assume they won't have in the first weeks, heroic gear will be weaker than the normal. Which is weird a bit. Oo
    If you are now in a normal guild, and you upgrade all your normal gear to 4/4, then you apply to a heroic guild and they throw a whole set of loot at you, it will put you into MONTHS of valor grind. Carrying a whole set of heroic gear in your bags, being able to upgrade one per week isn't really fun, is it?
    So I think this is all good and cool, only not for those who really needed it.
    Last edited by Lei; 2014-05-15 at 06:08 AM.

Blizzard gives you asian ilvl without their boss tuning yet you complain. If you're too damn bad to kill what's left for you to kill EVEN after the initial nerfs, then after this nerf... has it ever occured to you that you simply aren't good enough and you weren't supposed to kill them in the first place? I'm glad they did added more upgrades instead of doing a blanket nerf. This way those who want the nerf at least should work for it. Looks like Blizzard doesn't want to give you everything on a silver plate anymore.

Why do you need to upgrade every single peice of gear? gear isn't the point at end xpack, to be perfectly honest. You kill heroic garry, you farm the mount and achievements. then you sell runs for gold.

As it has always been

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Blizzard gives you asian ilvl without their boss tuning yet you complain. If you're too damn bad to kill what's left for you to kill EVEN after the initial nerfs, then after this nerf... has it ever occured to you that you simply aren't good enough and you weren't supposed to kill them in the first place? I'm glad they did added more upgrades instead of doing a blanket nerf. This way those who want the nerf at least should work for it. Looks like Blizzard doesn't want to give you everything on a silver plate anymore.
    they finally realized that, as artificial as it is. Gating, is the way to keep players playing. not giving them all the toys at once.

Please implement item upgrades and do not blanket nerf.

Mormolyce.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    This item upgrade idea is horrible. It equates to roughly a 12% power increase, can we please just have a blanket nerf to the raid. Personally I'm not happy the contents being nerfed anyway, but that's besides the point. I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state. 2 items per week for 64 items to upgrade means it will take 32 weeks for me to finish upgrading my gear. Thats around 7 months.

Please reconsider and blanket nerf the content or remove VP cap so I can atleast go ham and just get it all upgraded.

Nightrise.
    Did you also notice you can now convert all your TI coins to VP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did you also notice you can now convert all your TI coins to VP?
    You still can't get more than 1k valor per week with it. So it is still 2 item per week from 2/4 to 4/4 or 1 if it's 0/4 to 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    That's true, but really a matter of semantics. Yes, its not technically a nerf, but the encounters are easier because of it. Call it a nerf, call it increasing player power, call it whatever, the relevant part of any of it is that they are implementing something that will directly impact the difficulty of the current raid tier.
    Yes but on the other hand, if you killed Immerseus HM at any point after the first week HM was available, the content was "nerfed" in that sense. Considering the world first guilds killed him without any HM gear at all, let alone upgrades.

Maybe all the wannabe hardcore players should lobby Blizzard to change it so that SoO bosses only drop loot once EVER. Ie the raid resets but the loot never does. That way they're REALLY all beating the content on an even playing field.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP you speak for nobody

Love - Everyone else

Cheers! <[:^)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You still can't get more than 1k valor per week with it. So it is still 2 item per week from 2/4 to 4/4 or 1 if it's 0/4 to 4/4
    Yeah but if like me you have shitloads of TI you just make lots of trips back and forth.

it's a good way to keep subs up. That's all it is.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    It doesn't swap tier set bonuses.
    Yes, it does.

Similar to primary stats, set bonuses will also change depending on your current spec. This means a Paladin may only need one tier set rather than one for Holy and one for Retribution. It also means that set bonuses can be more tailored towards a spec. For instance, Marksman Hunter set bonuses can have different bonuses or different numbers than a Survival Hunter set. Like today, not every helmet, chest piece, or other piece of armor that drops will be part of a tier set.
    Quoted directly from a blue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but if like me you have shitloads of TI you just make lots of trips back and forth.
    What? You can't buy more than 1k valor in a week. The weekly cap is still there.

It gives valor a use after you don't need any of the main valor items (which I believe are currently 522 level gear?) so it should cost a lot for relatively minimal benefit, so you never actually achieve all fully upgraded gear before some of it is replaced and you have to start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Only issue I have with this is that its going to make upgrades even more of a chore. Having to spend 1000 valor to make an "upgrade" truly an upgrade by equalizing their ilvl is going to be a pain in the ass.

Super excited for this on my main, a couple of bosses will turn into absolute jokes (Garrosh HC, gogo skip the 2nd intermission entirely).

Alts on the other hand... :'(

Deleted
    Playing 4 different specs isn't a requirement of any raid, if you really need to switch between Boomkin/Feral/Guardian and Resto on a regular basis for your guild then your guild needs to sort it's roster out, that's not maximum efficiency of one person that's just taking the piss and you're probably loot whoring regardless rofl.

Item upgrades keep people playing, give us a goal and all that shit, it's working as intended and blanket nerfs are just booooring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    This item upgrade idea is horrible. It equates to roughly a 12% power increase, can we please just have a blanket nerf to the raid. Personally I'm not happy the contents being nerfed anyway, but that's besides the point. I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state. 2 items per week for 64 items to upgrade means it will take 32 weeks for me to finish upgrading my gear. Thats around 7 months.

Please reconsider and blanket nerf the content or remove VP cap so I can atleast go ham and just get it all upgraded.

Nightrise.
    I am against item upgrade AND nerf.

Why should people have "ahead of the curve" for free basically with nerfs?

You got 4 difficulty levels.

Earn it.

Sorry it is not 12 but rather 8 roughly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Sorry it is not 12 but rather 8 roughly.
    From comparing sims of West characters and Asian characters, its a 12% increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee
    I play four specs for fun, and I do have ranks in all the specs.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/27...kings/players/

No, you don't.

You do not have a single piece of upgraded BiS (580) as it stands in your main spec never mind the rest. Even if they did drop you would be upgrading them twice anyway.