10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you deny Russia being a dictatorship?
    Better dictator who cares of his country's independance (and possibly his own interests) than the piece of shit like Eltzin who knees to USA, agrees to destroy the most feared part of his army to show how friendly he is and allows for no possibility of defendind the country afterwards.
    Besides, Putin's only dictator to huge corporations and billionaires, he's only a bit of a problem to smaller businesses, and no problem at all to individuals. Except for a couple percents - but any country has a percentage of those who don't like the way their country moves. Even EU has people who're nationalists, who're anti-globalists, anti-gays, anti-immigrant and whatever. And this people are told to STFU by their government, because they're not majority. The same goes here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    USA can only survive as a great power by dominating others, just like any other great power. As a nation it can survive perfectly on it's own, but it will be reduced to a major nation like Japan at worst.

Besides the uninformed nationalist nonsense you're spouting, I agree that it's in the US's interest to see a split Russia, and that's perfectly understandable to most Europeans as well.

Stop the papers, a capitalist country is greedy. Yes, every country is greedy, just look at the Soviet Union, Russia was one greedy sonofabitch back then as well even though it considered itself communist. Thinking that Russia somehow is not greedy is extremely naive.

Again, I also see that the US reasons for invading other countries are in many cases absolute bullshit. Again, saying the US is hypocritical is one big fat "Captain Obvious to the rescue"-statement. Every country is hypocritical.

I only said that few people would be happy with the US losing it's global dominance in favor of Russia or China. You're the one putting words in my mouth after that.

"The enemy's drawing near" such paranoid bullshit. Just accept that Russia can't do anything about anything except prolong development in it's own country by isolating itself.
    I told you you'd not agree. You a child playing in his sandbox not caring where his food, clothes and safety comes from.
    Just accept that Russia thinks this way, and you're doomed to oppose it and fail or forget about it (isolate, if you prefere), and always sit in your sandbox, only sometimes sad that the kid from US has better stuff to play with, than you. At least your toys are better than Russias!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    I told you you'd not agree. You a child playing in his sandbox not caring where his food, clothes and safety comes from.
    Just accept that Russia thinks this way, and you're doomed to oppose it and fail or forget about it (isolate, if you prefere), and always sit in your sandbox, only sometimes sad that the kid from US has better stuff to play with, than you. At least your toys are better than Russias!
    Is this some implication that all people in America have it better than me?

Just because the US amasses more billionaires than Sweden it doesn't mean that the average American have it much better than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this some implication that all people in America have it better than me?

Just because the US amasses more billionaires than Sweden it doesn't mean that the average American have it much better than me.
    Such generalization was not intended. I was refering to country level, not to individuals.
    Let's get back to UA, i don't want the thread to follow its predecessor

Deleted
    Such generalization was not intended. I was refering to country level, not to individuals.
    Let's get back to UA, i don't want the thread to follow its predecessor
    I'm confused, I should be fighting against the US because they have more landmass than Sweden?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, I should be fighting against the US because they have more landmass than Sweden?
    You should not be fighting against anyone, that's the point. Yet i claim that USA tosses you all to conflict with Russia.
    I can give you no advice on that, that you 'd listen to, so let's leave it

Because they have interests that go in conflict with what you want just like Russians, perhaps even more so.

Deleted
    You should not be fighting against anyone, that's the point.
    So Sweden should be annexing Norway and Finland just for the hell of it?

Deleted
    Globalization is in both's interests. There's one big goal for you.

No, but it seems like you're about to.

And yeah, the motivation for these wars were pointless, hence pointless wars. Or you think the US deliberately destabilised the area so that the EU would become dependant on Russian gas so that the EU later can be put in an awkward situation where the EU is not as able as the US to put sanctions on Russia?

Anti-Americanism is mostly unfounded besides in the Middle East unless you're a) hipster, b) real leftist, c) hippie, d) extremely prone about your privacy or e) nationalist. With the exception of d) none of these personalities are easy to take seriously, so pick your poison.
    "Globalisation" is just a world. Destabilising an area while aiming at isolating another while trying to lower standard so that your companies can export sub - standard products isnt "globalisation". It's called opportunism.
    It looks to me you are very uninformed on the argument. There are a million points to justify an anti-Americanism feeling in Europe. To list a few:
    Spying on our presidents,
    Industrial espionage on our companies,
    Promoting terrorism,
    Appalling double standards,
    Trigger happy,
    Unable to plan past 3 years causing destabilisation of an area that was of extreme interest to the EU,
    Trying to lower standards in Europe so to be able to export substandard products to europeans...

Please be informed.

- - - Updated - - -

USA can only survive as a great power by dominating others, just like any other great power. As a nation it can survive perfectly on it's own, but it will be reduced to a major nation like Japan at worst.

Besides the uninformed nationalist nonsense you're spouting, I agree that it's in the US's interest to see a split Russia, and that's perfectly understandable to most Europeans as well.

Stop the papers, a capitalist country is greedy. Yes, every country is greedy, just look at the Soviet Union, Russia was one greedy sonofabitch back then as well even though it considered itself communist. Thinking that Russia somehow is not greedy is extremely naive.

Again, I also see that the US reasons for invading other countries are in many cases absolute bullshit. Again, saying the US is hypocritical is one big fat "Captain Obvious to the rescue"-statement. Every country is hypocritical.

I only said that few people would be happy with the US losing it's global dominance in favor of Russia or China. You're the one putting words in my mouth after that.

"The enemy's drawing near" such paranoid bullshit. Just accept that Russia can't do anything about anything except prolong development in it's own country by isolating itself.
    It's absolutely NOT in Europe's interest to have a split weak unstable russia.

- - - Updated - - -

So Sweden should be annexing Norway and Finland just for the hell of it?
    How did you get to this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It looks to me you are very uninformed on the argument. There are a million points to justify an anti-Americanism feeling in Europe. To list a few:
    Spying on our presidents,
    Not sure why I should care about that.
    Industrial espionage on our companies,
    Which is bad but not a reason to be anti-American, since it's not exclusively something America does. Besides, there are several actions being taken in the EU to strengthen the privacy of both individuals and companies, so the problem is obviously not going unnoticed.
    Promoting terrorism,
    Like how?
    Appalling double standards,
    Every country does.
    Trigger happy,
    Don't care about internal American affairs enough to use it as a reason to hate them.
    Unable to plan past 3 years causing destabilisation of an area that was of extreme interest to the EU,
    Still not a reason to hate them.
    Trying to lower standards in Europe so to be able to export substandard products to europeans...
    Like how?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get to this?
    By missing the "not fighting anyone", which brings the question why I then should fight against the US as BreathTaker apparently wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    By missing the "not fighting anyone", which brings the question why I then should fight against the US as BreathTaker apparently wants.
    You said:
    "until Europe becomes one united country we're better off being "vassals" to the US."
    And i made assumption that you want to one day evolve and become truely independant partner to US, not a vassal.
    And as it's not in their best interests, you have to fight for your right to do so. I don't mean war, i mean political struggle.
    Nothing more ,nothing less.

Besides, there are several actions being taken in the EU to strengthen the privacy of both individuals and companies, so the problem is obviously not going unnoticed.
    http://gigaom.com/2014/05/31/german-...-with-the-nsa/
    Ah, Germany: the home of data protection law; a bastion for the privacy-minded in these crazy days of international surveillance and hackery. Or is it? The German government and intelligence services have already been sued over alleged privacy violations in cooperation with the NSA, and now leaked documents have described plans for monitoring social networks in real-time.

Süddeutsche Zeitung, NDR and WDR have turned up secret documents belonging to the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), Germany’s counterpart to the NSA. It seems the BND is jealous of the digital espionage capabilities of the NSA and the U.K.’s GCHQ, and wants to up its game.

The documents warn that, if the BND doesn’t get the €300 million ($409 million) it needs to run expanded surveillance activities until 2020, Germany will fall behind even Italy and Spain in the spook stakes. They also suggest the spies hope to get their funding in the coming weeks.

According to the reports, the BND wants to analyze streaming data in real-time from forums and services such as Facebook, Twitter and Flickr, collect and store more mobile metadata, and use software vulnerabilities for targeted hacking. The reports state targets would be outside Germany — indeed, targeted data must have a foreign element if the spies are to remain compliant with German law.
    Yeah, right. In reality more spying agencies will try to emulate NSA and more governments will spy on more Europeans with impunity.

Deleted
    You said:
    "until Europe becomes one united country we're better off being "vassals" to the US."
    And i made assumption that you want to one day evolve and become truely independant partner to US, not a vassal.
    And as it's not in their best interests, you have to fight for your right to do so. I don't mean war, i mean political struggle.
    Nothing more ,nothing less.
    A united Europe is beneficial to the US. I said "vassals" because would you believe me if I said the US and the EU are allies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Yeah, right. In reality more spying agencies will try to emulate NSA and more governments will spy on more Europeans with impunity.
    I see you've got an avatar again!

A united Europe is beneficial to the US.
    And for Russia too; as long as it is actually independent and not playing second fiddle to US, and ready to consider other interests rather then claim that some countries have no right to meddle into affairs of other countries while they actively do it themselves, like it happened with Ukraine.

Three kinds of truth from Euronews (site that posts both Russian, English and Ukrainian versions of their news). Not only basic definitions are written in different ways ("militia" in the Russian version, "rebels" in English and "terrorists" in Ukrainian), but also the meaning of the article differs significantly.

Deleted
    Not sure why I should care about that.
    What kind of answer is this?

Which is bad but not a reason to be anti-American, since it's not exclusively something America does. Besides, there are several actions being taken in the EU to strengthen the privacy of both individuals and companies, so the problem is obviously not going unnoticed.
    Not sure how this makes it "ok"?
    Like how?
    By supporting Syrian extremists and Israel for example
    Every country does.
    Not every country poses itself as a standard of democracy and justice, while supporting israel and the Saudis.
    Don't care about internal American affairs enough to use it as a reason to hate them.
    I meant in terms of foreign policies. Warmongering at its best

Still not a reason to hate them.
    are you joking?
    Like how?
    TTIP

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sourc...OKBoiXh5LYEiQw- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I love the fact that actual Russians don't even try to deny that Putin is a dictator, they just try to justify it. It's the buttpained Europeans who try to deny it.
    He isn't dictator, more like arbiter/mediator between various business, public, and state interest groups in Russia.

He just happens to be good at his job and his balancing act between "good for country/business" and "good for people" allows him to be elected in truly democratic way (unlike Yeltsin where they had to forge election results in 1996). He would be better in Prime Minister position but sadly we have noone who could do better as President...

Deleted
    What kind of answer is this?
    An honest answer.
    Not sure how this makes it "ok"?
    I never said it was ok, just not a reason to hate America.
    By supporting Syrian extremists and Israel for example
    The US is supporting rebels who are non-affiliated with Islamic extremists. I don't call those people extremist.

And calling Israel terrorist makes you look like a hippie. Wrong? Maybe. Terrorist? Lol.
    Not every country poses itself as a standard of democracy and justice, while supporting israel and the Saudis.
    Yeah, and Sweden calls itself neutral even though it's obviously NATO-aligned. Oh, and North Korea calls itself democratic but it obviously is not.

The thing is, I just don't care if a country is hypocritical, believing that a democratic country needs to be an angel in international politics to be able to call itself democratic is a really stupid argument. And I don't think anyone has called the US a standard for democracy either.
    I meant in terms of foreign policies. Warmongering at its best are you joking?
    I disagree with most US wars. Again, I think they're pointless. I still don't hate America though. That's really stupid.
    I'm actually pro-TTIP. Surprise.

Individual countries are allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to import American food. And your website? It's "the US meat industry wants that and that". Yeah, it wants. Doesn't mean anything until it's actually done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    He isn't dictator, more like arbiter/mediator between various business, public, and state interest groups in Russia.
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-t...sia-1401667455
    Founded to disrupt terrorist financing after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, the Treasury office now plays a central role in exerting pressure overseas as the American public has little appetite for military intervention.

"What we've done over the past 10 years is to create a new method of projecting U.S. power," Mr. Cohen said in an interview. "We do that in a way that is unique in the world."

His office includes an intelligence shop that scours bank reports and spy agencies' gleanings for financial patterns that could threaten U.S. security, making Treasury "the only finance ministry in the world with an in-house intelligence unit," Mr. Cohen said.
    More importantly. He was able to protect Russia from the US economical terrorism that ravaged the other Warsaw pact countries.

Deleted
    An honest answer.

I never said it was ok, just not a reason to hate America.

The US is supporting rebels who are non-affiliated with Islamic extremists. I don't call those people extremist.

And calling Israel terrorist makes you look like a hippie. Wrong? Maybe. Terrorist? Lol.

Yeah, and Sweden calls itself neutral even though it's obviously NATO-aligned. Oh, and North Korea calls itself democratic but it obviously is not.

The thing is, I just don't care if a country is hypocritical, believing that a democratic country needs to be an angel in international politics to be able to call itself democratic is a really stupid argument. And I don't think anyone has called the US a standard for democracy either.

I disagree with most US wars. Again, I think they're pointless. I still don't hate America though. That's really stupid.

I'm actually pro-TTIP. Surprise.

Individual countries are allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to import American food. And your website? It's "the US meat industry wants that and that". Yeah, it wants. Doesn't mean anything until it's actually done.
    Please inform yourself on the Syrian rebel groups. Ignorance isnt an excuse.
    You dont think what Israel does can be classified as terrorism? Hold on let me guess, for you terrorism is only shouting inshallah while suicide bombing a bus?
    You dont think starting unnecessary wars that actually DIRECTLY affect European stability, security and trading partnerships is enough a reason?
    I think there isn't a big enough reason in your case then. I'm sure you're pwetty angwy though at those evil russians that fly near your border damn sneaky russian bastards nggggghyaaaaaargh!!!

Deleted
    Please inform yourself on the Syrian rebel groups.
    I did and got it right.
    You dont think what Israel does can be classified as terrorism? Hold on let me guess, for you terrorism is only shouting inshallah while suicide bombing a bus?
    No. I just don't think Israel is being terrorist. One can argue on about Israel doing bad stuff but I wouldn't say it's as bad as being terrorist.
    You dont think starting unnecessary wars that actually DIRECTLY affect European stability, security and trading partnerships is enough a reason?
    No, because I have a hard time seeing Iraq and Afghanistan being any valuable European trade partners to the extent where the US invading them leads to direct European instability. Russia is doing worse but you're snuggling with them.
    I think there isn't a big enough reason in your case then. I'm sure you're pwetty angwy though at those evil russians that fly near your border damn sneaky russian bastards nggggghyaaaaaargh!!!
    Stop being so mad because I disagree with you.