Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Araitik, doing FL atm and I'd like some advice/info if you don't mind... What iLevel were you for Domo, and were you fully optimized for Fire? Same for Rag/Frost as well; could I just be Fire-optimized Frost for Rag?

I'm playing i570, Frost-optimized but trying Fire on Domo. Not working too well, haha. Probs gonna pull a friend in for Domo (as he also wants Rag mount and I have it anyways but I'm gonna ask him to let me solo him first)

Edit: Got Rag. Woot! Just need to know how to do Domo lol
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-06-04 at 05:26 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Araitik, doing FL atm and I'd like some advice/info if you don't mind... What iLevel were you for Domo, and were you fully optimized for Fire? Same for Rag/Frost as well; could I just be Fire-optimized Frost for Rag?

I'm playing i570, Frost-optimized but trying Fire on Domo. Not working too well, haha. Probs gonna pull a friend in for Domo (as he also wants Rag mount and I have it anyways but I'm gonna ask him to let me solo him first)

Edit: Got Rag. Woot! Just need to know how to do Domo lol

For Domo I used a fully Fire-optimized gear but I had 583 ilvl, and I doubt you can get a kill with much less. You need to kill the boss really fast so no Jugg trinket, Domo 1shot pets, you can't kite him and his adds hit as hard as him. It's a dead end if you can't kill him around the minute mark. You basically need 600k+ dps

Gratz for Rag !

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    For Domo I used a fully Fire-optimized gear but I had 583 ilvl, and I doubt you can get a kill with much less. You need to kill the boss really fast so no Jugg trinket, Domo 1shot pets, you can't kite him and his adds hit as hard as him. It's a dead end if you can't kill him around the minute mark. You basically need 600k+ dps

Gratz for Rag !
    Alright, so I probs won't be getting Domo anytime soon, and tbf, I didn't ACTUALLY kill Rag, but I got him to 13% (3%) and used Time Warp on P2, so I KNOW I can beat him anyways, haha. I would have gotten him but my friend got too impatient and wanted the kill. Thanks much for the help and inspiration

PS: Bet you can't wait for "Leech" (new name for Lifesteal tertiary stat) to be a thing on gear, haha XD
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Alright, so I probs won't be getting Domo anytime soon, and tbf, I didn't ACTUALLY kill Rag, but I got him to 13% (3%) and used Time Warp on P2, so I KNOW I can beat him anyways, haha. I would have gotten him but my friend got too impatient and wanted the kill. Thanks much for the help and inspiration

PS: Bet you can't wait for "Leech" (new name for Lifesteal tertiary stat) to be a thing on gear, haha XD
    I hope it will be significant number, but if we can stack it so like 10%, it will bring very interesting solos, for all classes.
    Move speed could also help

Deleted
    Just curious what you guys think about bringing useful spellsteals to these fights? Is this a legitimate tactic?

The (somewhat arbitary) consensus seems to be that spellsteals that aren't gamebreaking are a legitimate aspect
    of game mechanics. They can be used to make a small but significant difference to solo fights. What do you guys
    think?

I hope it will be significant number, but if we can stack it so like 10%, it will bring very interesting solos, for all classes.
    Move speed could also help
    Indeed! If all else fails, hopefully they don't touch the Crystal and we could just use that

Also, with Dodge being removed, they might change it to a more useful stat like Mastery (hell, even bonus Armor would help us greatly since our Armor is so pathetically low that we don't suffer hard DRs from it!)

i still think i was first mage to solo chiji and yulon, shuld be a joke with 588 gear now i might go back and try for nizou, and xuen might even be doable as fire if i can live till i steal the buff

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Just curious what you guys think about bringing useful spellsteals to these fights? Is this a legitimate tactic?

The (somewhat arbitary) consensus seems to be that spellsteals that aren't gamebreaking are a legitimate aspect
    of game mechanics. They can be used to make a small but significant difference to solo fights. What do you guys
    think?
    Is there really anything significant enough that you could bring? Also, a lot of zones will now remove any spellsteal buffs or alike short buffs (e.g., the diseased bears in Western Plaguelands give a ridiculous buff that scales haste like crazy; a Warlock used it to solo Varian Wrynn), so you probs wouldn't even be able to. The best possible buff would be the speed buff from Amani Flamecasters in Zul'Aman.

Deleted
    Is there really anything significant enough that you could bring? Also, a lot of zones will now remove any spellsteal buffs or alike short buffs (e.g., the diseased bears in Western Plaguelands give a ridiculous buff that scales haste like crazy; a Warlock used it to solo Varian Wrynn), so you probs wouldn't even be able to. The best possible buff would be the speed buff from Amani Flamecasters in Zul'Aman.
    There's a few that survive a port. Most of them aren't dps steals, (though someone posted a +30% on another forum recently). There's a number of shields that can be spellstolen that do various useful things. Most spells which players can cast on themselves can be stolen from npc's.

These aren't perhaps what you would call "significant" but they can push you over the edge with a boss you are frustratingly close to killing.

just tried lich king 25H and every single attempt i died because the valks pick me up and drop me

I assume its not possible if you arent a tank because the valks just pick you up and kill you, but ive seen mages solo thsi so is there some bug or exploit you have to use in order to do LK 25H?

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    just tried lich king 25H and every single attempt i died because the valks pick me up and drop me

I assume its not possible if you arent a tank because the valks just pick you up and kill you, but ive seen mages solo thsi so is there some bug or exploit you have to use in order to do LK 25H?
    Never use Mirror Images outside of transitions.
    If you are using the kite strategy, take a hit from LK every minute to be considered a tank.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-11 at 06:34 PM.

saw a video of mage solo entire firelands 10 man, 4 bosses on heroic10!

also a mage solo baradin hold bosses - he was around 575 ilvl i believe. insane dps and jugg trinket too ( seems like jugg trinket is mandatory.. suck for people who arent raiding ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    saw a video of mage solo entire firelands 10 man, 4 bosses on heroic10!

also a mage solo baradin hold bosses - he was around 575 ilvl i believe. insane dps and jugg trinket too ( seems like jugg trinket is mandatory.. suck for people who arent raiding ;(
    That would be me

I'm glad you enjoyed. And yes Jugg trinket is kinda mandatory for anything post-T11 Normal, because we simply can't kill bosses fast enough and our healing capabilities are less than decent.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-11 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    There's a few that survive a port. Most of them aren't dps steals, (though someone posted a +30% on another forum recently). There's a number of shields that can be spellstolen that do various useful things. Most spells which players can cast on themselves can be stolen from npc's.

These aren't perhaps what you would call "significant" but they can push you over the edge with a boss you are frustratingly close to killing.
    But I feel like this is such a "clever use of game mechanics" to the point where it's not really soloing the boss, it's using a buff from somewhere completely different, bordering on exploitative. I mean, where do you draw the line? I don't solo for the sake of doing it, I solo because I want to see just how much of the game I can solo as a Mage.

I'm glad you enjoyed. And yes Jugg trinket is kinda mandatory for anything post-T11 Normal, because we simply can't kill bosses fast enough and our healing capabilities are less than decent.
    Except Rag. And Majordomo. And Alysrazor. :3

Reasons why I envy warlocks : 1

Edit : Yaaay, 48% ... brb killing myself
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-15 at 12:02 AM.

I've already raised this point, but I'll do it again: LK25HC as frost. Doable? Here's my armory, I'm still struggling to stay alive around the middle of 2nd phase:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D0%BE/advanced

edit: 582 crystal available.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Reasons why I envy warlocks : 1
    1? Try 1 MILLION.

What's more funny is how they explicitly left Mages out of the new "Self-Sustainability" section and Celestalon said how "Conjure Food" is our self-sustainability. OH COOL, DIDN'T KNOW WE COULD EAT IN COMBAT!

1? Try 1 MILLION.

What's more funny is how they explicitly left Mages out of the new "Self-Sustainability" section and Celestalon said how "Conjure Food" is our self-sustainability. OH COOL, DIDN'T KNOW WE COULD EAT IN COMBAT!
    No Mages around
    Go to any MoP vendor
    Buy same food for 1 gold

I think the only time I use Conjure Food is when I just vanished out of a fight and want to regen. Nobody asks for food anymore, same for portals.

As for warlocks, Ember Tap + Burning Rush.
    + Soul Leech, +actual pets that can tank, +teleport & gate, of course

And I feel WoD won't change anything about this.

Well, since I can't solo T14, back to T11 Heroic !

Chimaeron 10 Heroic

Chimaeron isn't "hard" but you will need a very good gear (I had 586) to kill him on Heroic. No Juggernaut trinket here, because it doesn't help in P2 (-99% heal taken) and P2 is where the difficulty is.

Some tricks :

Ice Block the first Double Attack
    Use Temporal Shield for Massacre. Massacre does 1M, but Finkle's Mixtures prevents you from dying. However, you still take 1M, and Temporal Ripples will heal you back for 333k/ tick, which is of great help
    Keep Mirror Image for P2. I also used an engineering Cardboard Assassin for an extra bit of survivability.

Music : Olwik & Sundholm - Göteborg
    https://soundcloud.com/sundholmoffic...olm-g-teborg-1

Atramedes 10 Heroic

Probably the easiest Heroic solo in the entire expansion. Chain the gongs (+100% damage taken on Atramedes), and nuke. Ignore every mechanic.

Music : 7obu - Life
    https://soundcloud.com/7obu/tobu-life
    Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : Edited the OP, modified part 3, added Healthstones and Glyph of Armors.

Are there any MoP bosses you see falling before WoD, Araitik?