Is it hard to play with a healer in 2s?

I just recently played with a Healer and it seems like every comp is too hard for us. I played with a Priest, and I think being undergeared was a factor because we were only 535 and 539 and most of the people we played against had more health than me even with Stam buff from Priest. I felt like I played poorly too, but it seemed like most people were doing a lot more damage than me compared to the damage I could do to them and I had a hard time surviving. Is it hard being the only peeler in 2s with a healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    I just recently played with a Healer and it seems like every comp is too hard for us. I played with a Priest, and I think being undergeared was a factor because we were only 535 and 539 and most of the people we played against had more health than me even with Stam buff from Priest. I felt like I played poorly too, but it seemed like most people were doing a lot more damage than me compared to the damage I could do to them and I had a hard time surviving. Is it hard being the only peeler in 2s with a healer?
    I play a holy pally in 2's every week to get him capped. It is hard starting out, as you will likely be focused and burned. You gotta not be afraid to burn your CDs at the start. Normally, you just have to survive the first 30 seconds or so and then you can regain control and kill them. You also gotta be very proactive on preventing CC's. For instance, they if you are going against a rogue a mage they will likely sap, blind, then chain poly you and try to kill your DPS. Have your DPS play defensively for the sap and blind, and then it is up to you to try to shadow word death out of poly and LOS any sheeps you can.

- EDIT -

Re-read that and saw you were shadow. You should have a much better time than most comps with a healer since you can dispel. Your priorities should be dispelling the healer and using your peels on CD. Damage just comes with better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    Re-read that and saw you were shadow.
    Shadowy, rather. Welcome to the rogue forums! You might have missed that when reading the post and assumed he was the priest =)

OP: can't help you much, sorry, just hopped in for clarity. However, gear is DEFINITELY bringing you down if you're missing by that large a margin. If you're just looking for total wins, keep plugging until you're caught up on the conquest cap and geared properly, then figure it out.

I personally wouldn't bother with healer rogue 2's. I would recommend playing double dps to get points quickly (If your friend can play shadow that would be ideal). *Edit Another option if you are determined to play with your current set up is to continuously join and leave games to tank your MMR to face easier opponents and gear up a bit faster (although you may face people that are getting carried by skilled/geared players)
    Last edited by Sheltx; 2014-05-19 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Updated info
    Ghostface - Jubei'thos