Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think a lot of people just couldn't deal with the theme. It was pretty much the brightest-looking one yet.

I still don't understand why people got so butthurt about "pandas" and stuff. People asked for Pandaren for years, and suddenly they didn't want them anymore? It's pretty stupid. And don't tell me you didn't, I clearly remember it on these very forums you're complaining about it at.

People just want boring mountains with dragons, bland deserts or desolate snow fields. Apparently that never gets old.

I don't think MoP was that bad honestly. It wasn't the best expansion they have had but it wasn't the worst either.

Mop is actually my favorite expansion, the last 2 raids is among the top 5 of the best raids ever come out. When I see the soo popularity now I get the good old alt gearing feeling I had in wrath, when I doing icc on various characters.

The downside of MOP for me though to keep it thread worthy:

- Nerfing of gold farming area's, nonono don't let the ah abusers be the rich guys
    - 1 year of soo :/

thats it really.

It was the best actually.

was the best expansion in a while, happy places and happy ppl do not appeal to me tho, kinda hoping to have a mop2 but in a not so friendly enviroment during wod

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe"

Have you never traveled to Teldrassil?
    Inspired =/= built in image of
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    i agree one of the worst from a non disc priest stand point
    fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Inspired =/= built in image of
    You really can't pretend to not see the influences just because it's inconvenient for you.

Doubly so when you consider that Pandaren architecture isn't 1:1 Chinese, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    never in my 7 years of playing wow has teldrassil even remotely gave off an asian theme
    Compare the pagoda-style buildings with actual pagodas. That doesn't even go into the things like the wood bridges and the wood arches.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-06-09 at 10:36 PM.

The actual content was spectacularly done. Most of the complaints about Pandaria stem from the whole "I don't like the theme" bit and claim that the content and gameplay was all terrible because of that, even though they're two different things.

The raid content and 5.1 and 5.2 daily hubs were amazing. Throne of Thunder in particular was easily one of the best raids they've done, and really there wasn't a weak raid at all except for maybe Heart of Fear, which was still pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Conveniently forgetting how long we had BT....
    Also, Cataclysm's final tier didn't last a year. It lasted 10 months. That must mean it's the best xpac ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Also, Cataclysm's final tier didn't last a year. It lasted 10 months. That must mean it's the best xpac ever!
    to be honest dragon soul should of lasted 2 months max, for being the worst raiding tier ever.

i had a legendary staff was getting top 3 ranks on WoL, still being high dps and OP in a bad tier is worse than being low dps in an amazing tier.

Deleted
    Hmm, I do not agree. MoP has been a good expansion for me. Interesting raids (barring Heart of Fear), good and challenging heroic encounters, a continent breathing athmosphere, fluid and fun class gameplay.

There were only a couple of bad things, PvP balance (or rather, the prevalence of being stuck in CC 75% of the time), the absolute lack of 5 mans and their difficulty and SoO for way too long. The lore wasn't that exciting (like WotLK or TBC was) but it was still entertaining and decent.

WotLK = TBC > MoP >>> Cata in terms of enjoyment. In terms of polishing and gameplay smoothness MoP takes the cake over all.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2014-06-09 at 10:43 PM.

MoP, more so than any other expansion was the most unbalanced expansion thus far. I have so many issue with Mists and I could go on for days about how Blizzard is killing Warcraft but my main issue with Mists was that it lacked immersion. The reason I liked Warcraft was because of the immersion fact.
    -In Vanilla it was azeroth versus these life threatening villians or bugs or dragons and there was a war effort against them which made you feel as if you played a part in the actual fight against the next big evil (AhnQiraj).
    -Burning Crusade had Illidan, the betrayer, fought the lich king under orders of Sargeras, the corrupt pantheon, and lost forcing him into hiding while he "rules" to take out the whole of Outland.
    -Wrath, The Lich King, Ner'zhul, Arthas, nearly everyone who has played warcraft new and old has heard of the Lich King and his tragic fall from grace. There was a legitimate war against the undead for all life on azeroth, both Horde and Alliance.
    -Cata, Deathwing the Destroyer, the corrupt dragon aspect driven mad by whispers of old gods threatens to destroy all of Azeroth. (Although it flopped, it still had a cool storyline)
    -MoP, pandas, pandas, pandas, pretty architecture, Garrosh goes crazy in the last year of the expac and now we need to stop him...WHAT???

I love the fact that we had to stop garrosh and I love the fact that everyone had a part in it. But I hate the fact that for more than half the expansion, we had no clear vision of what our ultimate goal was. It was just level, farm, help some pandas, etc. The fact that for more than half of the expac we had no clear goal is what killed it for me following along with the immersion.

Deleted
    I dont think MoP is a bad expansion but i dont think it was as good as tbc/wrath either. MoP brought lots of things to do as solo content if you were bored, were the other 2 was more focused on groups. Only 3 things have been "bad" in MoP imo: A long last tier, no new dungeons throughout the expansion, and the insanely high difference between item levels on gear. Other than that this have been a fun expansion for me. And if you cant find anything to do outside of raiding and dungeons you need to reevaluate whether an MMORPG is the game for you.

MoP did a lot of things right. But what I think they did wrong (imo)?

-I really wish they released tiered 5 man content with each major patch. (ToT and SoO themed 5 mans could have been good)
    -I was disappointed with scenarios being the base line small group content.
    -Dailies start off a bit out of control. But it got back in control.
    -Gear catch-up mechanics weren't very solid.
    -Content was designed with LFR to much in mind. I don't mind LFR being involved but just not the central figure.
    -Professions meant absolutely nothing but some added stats for all but the first couple weeks of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, objectively, Mists was a flop. The subscription numbers tell you that.

But as to why? That'd depend on who you asked, and how they feel about it. In my humblest of opinions, it was the needlessly difficult entry tier of raiding that followed a broken difficulty curve that taught new players there were no consequences to being bad. Add in double-random rewards, enforced grinding for months on end, a content drought that's going to last for well over a year, childish story-telling in one of the major zones, the ransacking of class identity and horribly broken PvP, and you're just not onto a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Yes, objectively, Mists was a flop. The subscription numbers tell you that.

But as to why? That'd depend on who you asked, and how they feel about it. In my humblest of opinions, it was the needlessly difficult entry tier of raiding that followed a broken difficulty curve that taught new players there were no consequences to being bad. Add in double-random rewards, enforced grinding for months on end, a content drought that's going to last for well over a year, childish story-telling in one of the major zones, the ransacking of class identity and horribly broken PvP, and you're just not onto a winner.
    Yes PVP was a broken broken for sure. The story telling was rather childish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Amazing how even with the dead giveaway avatar, thread topic conflicting with signature statement, and post history, people still take the bait.
    I stopped taking Jaylock threads seriously a VERY long time ago.

That being said, overall, I enjoyed Mists far more than I enjoyed Cataclysm. Mist at least felt a progressive expansion, rather than bits and pieces of random stuff strewn all over the place.

But it was no Wrath. (I started at the very ass end of Vanilla, and I still feel as though WotLK was better than TBC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

We're all happy you just loved BC, greatest thing since sliced bread, amen, and shall it ever be. That's fine, but it's purely subjective, you know? I personally found BC to be somewhat boring and frustrating. Didn't like Outland, still don't like Outland. I'd rate it pretty much even with Cataclysm. Incoming flaming for that one, I'm sure, but even though DS fell flat on its face, I really liked the rest of the tier.

All in all, however, I've really enjoyed pretty much every expansion. Not every one was perfect, far from it actually, but every one had its charm in certain areas. I would rate Wrath as the high point of WoW's history.

1. Wrath of the Lich King
    2. Mists of Pandaria
    3. The Burning Crusade - Cataclysm

I find a lot of people mix up the expansion with the direction wow is going. MoP was a well-themed expansion that added a lot of new tech. The problem is that Blizzard is moving in a new direction with how content is delivered. Quick scenarios, easy 5-man only at the start, LFR turning raids into child's play. When you look back at MoP a lot of the things that should have been great seem really shitty because of the difficult they were placed at. If the scenarios were more involved, if they kept adding challenging 5mans over using LFR as a means to gear up, I think a lot of the content would have felt a lot better. As soon as the content becomes avialable in an easier route it makes the content feel like it wasn't that good. If TBC had LFR for it's raids we'd have thought all that content was shit as well.