Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hybrid computer for business/college?

I am in need of a tablet as my professors have advised me. I would need it for presentations, notes, excel, etc.

I'm looking at the asus t100 and the Dell venue 11 pro with atom, not i3 or i5. Not looking to break the bank but I don't want cheap...

Your professors are requiring you to get a tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Your professors are requiring you to get a tablet?
    They do not require it, they just strongly recommended it being useful. Business courses at my school are ridiculous.

The asus looks to be a bit cheaper. I would definitely take asus over dell. but that's just preference. Do you have a budget?

Budget is $700. Not enough for a surface pro. Also looking for keyboards docks which makes me like the asus. I read that the asus isn't as reliable hardware wise thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Budget is $700. Not enough for a surface pro. Also looking for keyboards docks which makes me like the asus. I read that the asus isn't as reliable hardware wise thought.
    The thing I've noticed about customer reviews (if that's where you are getting your info) over the years is that they aren't reliable. For every review that is honest you get about 50 yes men saying it's awesome and you get another 50 negative nacy's who won't say anything good about the product. I tend to judge products based on my experience.

Yeah that's very true. The specs seem a lot better on the Dell but I guess it's not really worth the extra $250.

Like I said it's ultimately up to you. Which one do you like better?

There's upsides and downsides to both. I like that the asus comes with a keyboard, but I also like the decent specs on the dell. But the price for the asus is more than a deal. I'm at a loss. I'm going in store to try test them out Monday so well see if eithER jump out at me more than the other.

The selling point is the keyboard. I purchased the t100 for a family member for the exact same thing, but honestly she doesn't utilize it to its full potential. You, in my opinion would get the better benefit from this tablet. I am switching to something similar in the coming months.

Edit: You should get your hands on it, make your decision from there.

Does anyone know if either of these come with Microsoft office?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, uhh... you have a student ID or something to provide? If you have a microsoft store around you, you can get a $150 (at least it was for me) discount on a surface pro 3. Present for my dad.

I did see that that's pretty awesome. Adding another option to the to the pile. Does the surface come with office?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any of em does? I'm not entirely sure.

I feel like that's the point of the surface pro...if it doesn't I'll probably skip out since I would also need to buy the keyboard and microsoft office. The asus is looking better and better...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have used Asus for years and I have only come across one bad motherboard. I also own an Asus TF300T, which works really well. At first the microSD card slot was not being recognized until I updated the OS.

I had an asus tf300t and the thing was terribly slow and impossible to get any work done on. It could have just been mine, but that's what makes me so skeptical to the asus t100 because as I can recall the tf300t wasn't cheap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ASUS T100 has an excellent battery life. It also comes with Microsoft Office. As for its performance, I was able to play Hearthstone on the lowest settings on it, but bringing up the graphical settings any higher caused FPS lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's the issue with them. The intel atom bay trail processors are great for low power consumption but the trade off obviously is performance.

I don't know much about Lenovo tablets, but there's this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834317537
    It has Microsoft Office Home / Student.
    Edit: Main difference really is the resolution. I'd prefer the 1920x1200 given the choice but at 10" 1366x768 isn't too bad but more work space during school stuff is nice.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-08-24 at 01:16 PM.

I just saw a video of someone playing wow on that tablet along with the asus t100. Wtffff