7+ Year Old Account

Why does Norm/heroic share a lockout?

I have been raiding since Wotlk and it made sense then because who would want to have to do 4 raids a week (10m norm/10heroic + 25norm/25 heroic) but I feel that during heroic progression (where my guild is at now) it would help a lot to have a day off in between days of attempts to just clear normal and relax on our mains. I am sure there has been other threads on this but mainly wan't everyone's input on the pros/cons of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I have been raiding since Wotlk and it made sense then because who would want to have to do 4 raids a week (10m norm/10heroic + 25norm/25 heroic) ...
    That's pretty much the reason Blizzard has given for their decision for a shared lockout.

To stall burnout, but you'll get your wish in WoD anyway. Mythic will have a separate lockout from normal/heroic.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I have been raiding since Wotlk and it made sense then because who would want to have to do 4 raids a week (10m norm/10heroic + 25norm/25 heroic) but I feel that during heroic progression (where my guild is at now) it would help a lot to have a day off in between days of attempts to just clear normal and relax on our mains. I am sure there has been other threads on this but mainly wan't everyone's input on the pros/cons of this.
    Well, take solace in knowing that it wont in WoD.

Mythic will have it's own lockout, independent of normal/heroic (which means no skipping bosses .) Normal/Heroic will have individual, per-boss lockouts similar to flex today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malta View Post
    That's pretty much the reason Blizzard has given for their decision for a shared lockout.
    Less relevant now, though.

In WLK, your BiS trinket might be from 10H as a tank, "forcing" you to do 25 and 10 each week.

In WoD, Normal just drops worse versions of Heroic. so it's relevance is limited by your item level.