10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I know right? I mean look at a common problem for Demo throughout expansions. Hellfire / Immolation Aura, it requires us to be in melee for cleave but most if not all raid leaders do not allow that due to mechanics targeting ranged only sometimes and putting shit on melee which then causes the tanks to move the boss. The top Warlocks I feel have more knowledge / ideas to solve our problems in all 3 specs.

For example, Glyph of Hellfire: Your Hellfire / Immolation Aura is now targeted on your pet instead of you.

Done.
    Well done top warlock. While you're at it you should get the top warriors to design a glyph too. Something like 'Glyph of Mocking Banner'; your Mocking Banner now Bladestorms instead of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Well done top warlock. While you're at it you should get the top warriors to design a glyph too. Something like 'Glyph of Mocking Banner'; your Mocking Banner now Bladestorms instead of you.
    LOL let me explain this again. Simple problem that Warlocks have, it was an EXAMPLE, not to toot the horn, or talk about myself or anyone else for that matter. The example shows that the top end players have more knowledge of the class rather than the developers due to them nerfing and buffing us and thinking we still will be competitive. I don't mind not being top, I mind not having a chance to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Because bladestorm and hellfire totally do the same kind of damage. Oh wait that's right, it deals less damage than Rain of fire (Even without 50% immolate buff), and is channeled.

Edit: Also, if they expect warlocks to be in melee range, please give us leather/mail/plate armor. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Because bladestorm and hellfire totally do the same kind of damage. Oh wait that's right, it deals less damage than Rain of fire (Even without 50% immolate buff), and is channeled.
    Simply, someone again trying to insult / criticize instead of provide feedback / ideas to the discussion.
    Last edited by Santoisms; 2014-10-31 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply, someone again trying to insult / criticism instead of provide feedback / ideas to the discussion.
    My feedback would be to buff Immolation Aura so that it's worth the fury expenditure and the potential repercussions of being in melee range instead of creating an irrelevant, and frankly useless, glyph as a solution. Mannoroth's Fury serves as the pretty much exact solution for the problems you describe; the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the tuning with regards to Immolation Aura.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I love the optimism that they even have a "wheel". If current treads are anything to go by it is more likely a some sort of 5 sided polygon then a circle.
    http://www.thedailyblink.com/comics/2011-09-19-206.jpg

See even levers suggest a level of sophistication that, frankly I believe, is beyond them.

I will say though it seems that someone switched the paladin and warlock labels around there (I know it's old).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only assume that Celestalon will be buffing Warlock at the very end of MoP due to apparently 90 balance is a thing in SoO. Make sure we are all tweeting him about it though

Deleted
    Simply, someone again trying to insult / criticize instead of provide feedback / ideas to the discussion.
    In all fairness, I think you'd have avoided that situation if you stopped referring to yourself as a top warlock all the time whilst simultaneously bitching about blizzard at every opportunity.

In terms of the actual discussion, I'm with Furty. I prefer it on myself and I feel there should be a risk reward. You can always leap in then teleport out before the mechanic comes, for example.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    RPPM with Demonbolt is the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post

Edit: Also, if they expect warlocks to be in melee range, please give us leather/mail/plate armor. Thanks.
    It's not so much the damage difference as it is the fact that some mechanics target solely ranged players, while ignoring melee, thus potentially causing an unintended mess in melee if Demo Locks are in there AoEing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    It's not so much the damage difference as it is the fact that some mechanics target solely ranged players, while ignoring melee, thus potentially causing an unintended mess in melee if Demo Locks are in there AoEing.
    To be fair, such things are usually on timers and can be avoided with Teleport. Agree it's not ideal, but we can spec Cataclysm now, and in that respect the relative dilution of AoE abilties amongst so many sources means Hellfire/Immolation being that bit weaker is something of a boon, in that we can still use the rest of our toolkit in the form of HoG/Cata/Felstorm and not miss out on too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Celestalol will actually rebuff us. Remember telling us that they were going to get around and talk about every class, when he stopped by quite a few classes on the beta forums? yea... the consolidated feedback was never replied to, they had no intentions of ever listening to us. Nor actually talking to us. Locks have been deemed OP in MoP, not our fault. Sooo, we are eternally nerfed in WoD. Doubtful for a buff.

-.-

sigh... I have no hope =\

On a (slightly) more serious note, I feel that this buff/nerf roller-coaster is intended to keep people more 'interested" in the game. Changing FotM classes shifts the interest of the biggest part of community. [/conspiracy theories]

On druids, yes they overbuffed them. Was raiding heroic Soo with an alt (ret paladin. I really start to like this class) and the moonkin was always onm top by just using Starfall in most of the fights. [/OT]

I really hope they will not make demo useless. I had to switch to destro again in our fast Mythic clear and it was really strong again. Especially RoF! I only used demo on Shamans for the CW lolz on the oozes.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    On a (slightly) more serious note, I feel that this buff/nerf roller-coaster is intended to keep people more 'interested" in the game. Changing FotM classes shifts the interest of the biggest part of community. [/conspiracy theories]

On druids, yes they overbuffed them. Was raiding heroic Soo with an alt (ret paladin. I really start to like this class) and the moonkin was always onm top by just using Starfall in most of the fights. [/OT]

I really hope they will not make demo useless. I had to switch to destro again in our fast Mythic clear and it was really strong again. Especially RoF! I only used demo on Shamans for the CW lolz on the oozes.
    So fights that were well suited to Destruction, are still well suited to Destruction? But still not so well suited to Demo? I can't say I'm surprised by this conclusion :S

Unless Destro is rendered basically worthless by movement, it's simple adaptability and many, many other strengths are going to make it the go-to spec, not just this tier, but for the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Beta officially being over and release imminent I think it's time we stop using the Beta threads and start fully using the Spec guide stickies.

For Demo please continue discussion in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

CLOSED.