Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    well i would say that being able to cast hellfire/immolation aura on a target and not having to be in melee range would be a good start tbh, melee range aoe never made sense to me for a range dps.

Cannot really understand why people instead of proposing fixing a spec are asking/think to nerf the other spec. Warlock is apure dps spec. Why is it weird to do better damage than others in -say- AOE fights?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on which spec is the outlier really. By all accounts, Destro is the one ahead of the 'norm', rather than Demo being significantly behind it.

In terms of fixing Demo's AE, I can kind of envisage Immolation/Hellfire being put on the target and it functioning both as an AoE DoT, with a secondary "Unstable Magic" kind of effect so you don't get bored. Might be a bit to Magey though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Depends on which spec is the outlier really. By all accounts, Destro is the one ahead of the 'norm', rather than Demo being significantly behind it.

In terms of fixing Demo's AE, I can kind of envisage Immolation/Hellfire being put on the target and it functioning both as an AoE DoT, with a secondary "Unstable Magic" kind of effect so you don't get bored. Might be a bit to Magey though.
    well as ive mentioned b4, any opinion that relates to the numbers that a spec does is pretty pointless due to no tuning pass but i can understand that ppl are airing their concerns.

well an aoe DoT makes more sense to afflic than demo tho and afflic's aoe is worse than demo's imo(dk's old wandering plague would be awesome for afflic along with pestilence with a cd instead of soul swap), but from a mechanical pov, having your target's blood boil and pulsate fire and dealing dmg to all enemies within range would be cool.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-08-01 at 02:52 PM.

It might help to have the AoE pulse of Hellfire centered on your pet instead of you. A glyph maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It might help to have the AoE pulse of Hellfire centered on your pet instead of you. A glyph maybe?
    yeah, that could definately work as well but its something that should be baseline tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I disagree!

Increase range of HOG, hellfire and immo auro either passivity or old MF
    Let us cast immo aura/Hellfire on a target
    Hellfire/immo aura needs to do more damage, probably hog does abit much.

Boom fixed
    I'd say that's much more complex than "adjust the FnB damage modifier". Adjusting relative damage of Hellfire/IA and HoG could have consequences for single target.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

My issue with FnB Chaos Bolt is that it invalidates Cataclysm as a talent choice for Destro. IMO they should just shut off Charred Remains while FnB is - kind of like with Grimoire of Sac.

Makes no sense to even offer Cata when AoE bolt outperforms it in every single way. Which is a shame, because thematically Cata is as Destruction as it gets.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    My issue with FnB Chaos Bolt is that it invalidates Cataclysm as a talent choice for Destro. IMO they should just shut off Charred Remains while FnB is - kind of like with Grimoire of Sac.

Makes no sense to even offer Cata when AoE bolt outperforms it in every single way. Which is a shame, because thematically Cata is as Destruction as it gets.
    kinda like MF offers nothing for destro for a whole xpac either? and you cant deny that thematically, charred remains makes sense too but i will agree cataclysm makes a lot of sense for destro but it simply has a too long cd and tbh too little dmg for such a long cd imo.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-08-01 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    kinda like MF offers nothing for destro for a whole xpac either? and you cant deny that thematically, charred remains makes sense too but i will agree cataclysm makes a lot of sense for destro but it simply has a too long cd and tbh too little dmg for such a long cd imo.
    MF was my talent of choice for the majority of ToT as well as the first tier this expansion. The passive radius increase was superb for Destro. It's only the (stupid) 5.4 incarnation of MF that is completely useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post

Making Charred Remains not affect FnB would be one potential solution, but TBH I think it's mostly a tuning problem at this point and that mechanically there's nothing wrong with CR giving FnB-CB.

Or wait and see how many fights F&B CB actualy affects.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    The damage appears to be incredibly close. I was doing around 50k dps once I started to get a grip on the fight so the infernal was only doing around 2.5k dps which really doesnt seem like much. I decided that the bonus damage on the shadowburns was worth far more with cleaving havoc.

EDIT: Will leave this here because it might be somewhat relevant but I thought this was the destro section, my bad.
    Last edited by mmocbda1070cab; 2014-09-09 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Cannot really understand why people instead of proposing fixing a spec are asking/think to nerf the other spec. Warlock is apure dps spec. Why is it weird to do better damage than others in -say- AOE fights?
    well in the modern raiding, most fights have several elementsl being it cleave, aoe or single target, there are fights there is just 1 yes but alot of them have various elements and for a spec to be ok it has to IMO atlest do well in 2 elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I still think hellfire/immolation aura should be scrapped and replaced with shadowbolt volley/doombolt volley. As it is now, Hellfire does more damage to ourselves than to the enemies, and if they do "cast on target" it will still be the same as before, but this time you do not need to run into melee to be even useful. The only problem with immolation aura is it requires us to be in melee, while cast on target fixes this, it still degrades the spell in lore and gameplay value (yay, ima shadow priest now).

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well i would say that being able to cast hellfire/immolation aura on a target and not having to be in melee range would be a good start tbh, melee range aoe never made sense to me for a range dps.
    This would be the easiest fix, or at least a starting point for a better one. Have Hellfire/Immolation Aura require an enemy target or self target (no targetting allies and limit Immolation Aura to 1 target at a time), and all of a sudden Demo has a spammable, ranged aoe option without contributing to button bloat. A 12 sec instead of 15 sec cd Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave could help as well. Hellfire's self damaging effect (which should be retired imo) could be preserved in a glyph (Glyph of the Masochist) for all the old school fans of it.
    Last edited by Roujeaux; 2014-08-02 at 03:57 AM.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Once upon a time hellfire was the most effective aoe, I don't mind it hurting us solong as it returns to being the most dangerous aoe spell, the biggest problem is the whole melee range on it, now if demo had more then just hellfire requiring melee range sure that would be fine by me

But hey melee caster would be at a disadvantage without some more beef to em.

Of only we could get gosac back with +5 fury gen to attacks and maybe letting us choose the spell that the demon gives us

Hell even a reason to use something other then our guard would be nice

If they don't change the AoE for demonology, that would not be so terrible. However, they need to make it so that "ranged" abilities on raid fights can't hit the demo warlock, similar to the way that mistweaver monks are often not targeted by range spells that can hit other healers. Otherwise, moving in to do AoE can lead to [mechanic of death] hitting the tanks and melee.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt blizzard will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gildelicil View Post
    If they don't change the AoE for demonology, that would not be so terrible. However, they need to make it so that "ranged" abilities on raid fights can't hit the demo warlock, similar to the way that mistweaver monks are often not targeted by range spells that can hit other healers. Otherwise, moving in to do AoE can lead to [mechanic of death] hitting the tanks and melee.
    This is actually the only aspect of demonology aoe I currently dislike. Everything else works fluidly, except that. Who here hasn't been yelled to death on Mumble for wanting to AoE the wyrmlings on Megaera or something similar in the past?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    I really doubt blizzard will do that.
    Doubt they will but it's something they really should do if they intend for Demo to have 90% of its AoE be a self center effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation