Poll: Would you purchase a lifetime WoW subscription?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably. In burning crusade i wouldve in a heart beat, i kind of play for 3-5 months at a time now a days with a 2 or so month break in between so i dunno how worth it it would be for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how the votes are more or less at 50-50.

I voted no because I don't ever have the money for such an up-front payment.
    And if I do buy the lifetime sub, that's bound to kill my grades particularly in mid/final season.

Totally for a reasonable price.

I would pay 500 if I got lifetime and X number of xpacs free too, or I got Store shit or Xfers free on a limited basis.
    That really is a large chunk to drop, so the pot really, really has to be sweet to consider it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Depends on the price. I spent hundreds of euros on it already, likely to spend more anyway.

$500? No chance in hell. I might be tempted to pay half that if it made expansions, paid services like faction and server changes, and other extra purchases free. But if all it did was remove the monthly subscription, no way. That is a good 3 years worth of subscription, and I cancel so frequently that it would be more like 9 years for me. I can pay 60 dollars for a brand new game and have lifetime access to it, so why in the world would I spend 500 on a game that would continue to make me buy expansions and other services for absurd prices?
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-06-11 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it. I have a feeling nothing else will interest me as much as WoW so $500 is best in the long run.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think WoW has $500 left of life in it as Blizzard's top MMO seeing as Titan will most likely be out by then and it's unlikely for Titan to be a sub-based MMO/Game.

If you asked me 9 years ago when I started playing I would have said yes. However, the game doesn't have all that much time left and I'm in college now so I'll continue monthly payments.

No. If I were still enjoying the game and not burned out after playing it non stop for years then yes. I'd consider a lifetime sub. But I thoroughly bored of the game so to me at the moment it seems like a waste of $500

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    yes but it would depend on the cost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If it were possible for you to buy a lifetime WoW subscription, would you buy one?

Lets say they set the price at $500 USD, and you never had to pay a monthly fee again, and you always had access to your account to log in and play on your servers. (granted that you did not cheat / exploit / go against ToS). All you would have to do is purchase the expansions whenever they came out to access the new content.

Would you be willing to drop the dough and buy one? Why or why not?

$500 = £298, Wow Sub = £8.99 per month, 298 / 8.99 = 33.14.
    So 33 Months worth of sub for lifetime game play.

Seems like a bargain. But then Blizzard wont do this.

That is a huge amount for a single videogame. I know i have spend way more than that up to last day of subscription, but much like Tziva i don't feel it's a good choice to spend that amount of money in a single deal on a videogame.

Also, atm i don't have much will to play WoW again, but that's more related to personal experience than to the game value itself. I still think it's a great game, if i return for WoD, it will be only because friends of a long time are still playing there and i know there will be a reliable group of people to play with.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    As a responsible adult I just overpay in taxes and when February comes around , sometimes March, I just use my refund check to pay a year in advance on all of my monthly bills. I see this as just one step towards not having to worry about the yearly sub cost after 3 years.
    You can do that? Pay monthly bills in advance? OMG I WANT THAT! Not possible here though

And no, I wouldn't pay for a lifetime subscription, because I never know how long I will play something ánd the only way to voice my concern over certain decisions Blizzard makes in this game is to stop paying. I can't cancel with a lifetime subscription. And yes, in hindsight, it would have saved me money, but so would paying in 6 month chunks have and I didn't do that either.

As I explained in another thread paying a subscription is taking out an engagement with the Club of WoW players. It sets WoW apart from other games (free to play) these days.

As such Blizzard will never offer a lifetime subscription as this will water down your daily/monthly commitment to play WoW and the feeling of belonging to the club as an active member.

MANY posted in this thread about how their subscription is seen as an active tool to have some influence within the Club, reinforcing the idea of the Club you belong to.

A life time subscription will have the same effect as free to play in the long run which will cause a negative impact on the active engagement of players (active or not).

LOTRO was one of the first to try out this thing and it was a disaster when they turned free to play as stabbing their community in the back.

Life time subs will never happen in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    $300 would probably be the highest I would pay.

Deleted
    7 years ago?

In a heartbeat.

Now?

Nope.

Deleted
    since atm i spend like over 1000 euro i think a lifetime sub would be alot cheaper for me even when it will be like 500 euro.

So yes i would buy a lifetime sub. when blizzard makes a promise to atleast give content for another 10 years tho.

no. because sometimes blizzard likes to fuck up, like with WoD and the start of cata, and all of MoP.

Deleted
    Emm this is quite tricky.

Obviously if you asked me on day 1 of WoW if I would take a $500 Lifetime sub I would of laughed at you.

And in the same way now I would laugh as well.

Maybe at the end of TBC start of WotLK I would of gone for it