Page 1 of 3
LastLast

aqua/travel/flight form being rolled into one?

As title name implies, in today's datamined notes, it shows this.

Shapeshift into travel form, travel form appropriate to your current location, increasing movement speed on land, in water, or in the air protects the caster from Polymorph effects. Only useable outdoors. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects. Can't be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Shapeshift. 5.6% of Base Mana. Instant.

Wonder if this means no stag form in flying areas, no aquatic form while indoors.

Looks like it. Though i'd imagine the restrictions on the forms are the same as before, so any body of water is fine for aquatic, and shifting in combat will still result in Stag instead of bird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. WoD seems to be all about consolidation and eliminating things. Some of this is good, but this is silly and, well, boring.

Manbearpig form that allows you to do all of them at once!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It is possible that they were regularly macro'd into a single button, which would fit the blizzard definition of bloat.
    That would certainly explain the intent to consolidate them, though I do wonder if the default for any situation will always be the best one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it looks like there is a Stag form glyph added so perhaps it'll be like the treant form glyph now.

It's a very silly change in my opinion. I can see flight and aquatic form being shared, but sometimes it is nice to morph into a stag/cheetah even if you are capable of using flight form....
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2014-06-11 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Can't be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form.
    Now that's, what everyone was hoping for!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    Now that's, what everyone was hoping for!
    You've never been able to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty pointless change. Stance buttons don't cause button bloat imo.

So in WoD it won't be possible to use Travel Form to carry a low level friend your helping in a low level area around because you will become a bird instead of a rideable Stag.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You've never been able to do that.
    On live you can cast Travel Form while in Moonkin Form.

Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    On live you can cast Travel Form while in Moonkin Form.
    No, you can't. If you set the option, it will automatically leave Moonkin Form to cast Travel Form. But you can't cast Travel Form in Moonkin any more than you can cast Revive or Bear Form.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't. If you set the option, it will automatically leave Moonkin Form to cast Travel Form. But you can't cast Travel Form in Moonkin any more than you can cast Revive or Bear Form.
    Don't be silly, You can cast them, It doesn't matter if you set the option to cancel form first, If I am in bear, and I click Revive, guess what? It casts it.

OT: I think this is a stupid change.

Aah, right. Your char leaves Moonkin form before going into Travel Form. True.
    But the notes seemed to me to imply that it won't be possible to even use the Travel Form spell in Moonkin form, like you can now. On live Travel Forms description doesn't tell you that it can't be cast in Moonkin Form so assumed they were now going to put some kind of restrictions on going from Moonkin to Travel.

As long as this change doesn't turn me into a stag whenever I want to perch somewhere in flight form.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    it looks like there is a Stag form glyph added so perhaps it'll be like the treant form glyph now.
    That's for mounting druid in stag form. It has existed since MoP release

Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    Aah, right. Your char leaves Moonkin form before going into Travel Form. True.
    But the notes seemed to me to imply that it won't be possible to even use the Travel Form spell in Moonkin form, like you can now. On live Travel Forms description doesn't tell you that it can't be cast in Moonkin Form so assumed they were now going to put some kind of restrictions on going from Moonkin to Travel.
    That was changed long ago. All spells that can't be cast in form will simply cause you to leave form, unless you disable it in the options.

The "can't cast in x form" is never visible ingame without addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Don't be silly, You can cast them, It doesn't matter if you set the option to cancel form first, If I am in bear, and I click Revive, guess what? It casts it.
    See above. You can't cast them in form, the client is just set up to auto-cancel it if you try.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was changed long ago. All spells that can't be cast in form will simply cause you to leave form, unless you disable it in the options.

The "can't cast in x form" is never visible ingame without addons.

See above. You can't cast them in form, the client is just set up to auto-cancel it if you try.
    You're missing the point, I'm just stating you can cast them from your form, If you're in form, you can hit the spell, and you will start to cast it, Yeah, you don't complete the cast in form, but you can start casting it from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You're missing the point, I'm just stating you can cast them from your form, If you're in form, you can hit the spell, and you will start to cast it, Yeah, you don't complete the cast in form, but you can start casting it from it.
    No, form gets canceled before the spell starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    As title name implies, in today's datamined notes, it shows this.

Shapeshift into travel form, travel form appropriate to your current location, increasing movement speed on land, in water, or in the air protects the caster from Polymorph effects. Only useable outdoors. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects. Can't be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Shapeshift. 5.6% of Base Mana. Instant.

Wonder if this means no stag form in flying areas, no aquatic form while indoors.
    could be that you turn into a stag automatically when you hit the ground, and then back into a bird by jumping and lifting off.

The bird's land animation isn't really existant, and many players have the three macro'd onto one button already.