I am surrprised... my ilevel 536 rogue does better DPS than

my 547 DPS monk.

I don't have any way that I measure it other than what I see on my screen..... and for sure, on Isle of Giants, my rogue is far superior to my monk. Thing is, I think I read that assassination rogues are the lowest in DPS for rogues.... plus, I have zero enchants, and am not fully gemmed ( which is fine, since I don't raid at all ).

Do you think that is more a reflection of class, or that maybe I just play my rogue a little better?

If you can't already tell, I am a SUPER CASUAL player, who solos about 98% of my play time.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on a number of things.

If you don't raid at all, and your metric is the Isle of Giants, are you blowing CDs often? How much of your damage is being lost to Recuperate or Kidney Shots?

What weapons do you have, for either character? What's your understanding of Energy usage as a Rogue, compared to Energy and Chi usage as a Monk? How long have you been playing the two classes?

It could just be you're better at the decision-making process behind Rogue. I've played a Rogue since the game went Live in Vanilla, and have a MUCH better grasp of the mechanics behind Assassination even as it is today than I do as a Frost Death Knight.

Assassination is really easy to play and as such if you aren't very good an easy spec will artificially make you look better.

Maybe you're just a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Thing is, I think I read that assassination rogues are the lowest in DPS for rogues.... plus, I have zero enchants, and am not fully gemmed ( which is fine, since I don't raid at all ).
    Assassination is the worst dps WHEN GEARED. Pretty sure that it is ahead of sub and quite possible combat at that specific gear level. Also on Isle of Giants, if your BG is dropping between mobs then combat is kinda crap outside of cooldowns.

Assassination is the easiest spec in the game. Most likely you're just not playing well on other characters, and since Assassination is so easy you do better on your rogue.

Most likely you're doing something wrong on your monk. Monk is considerably harder to play than Assassination, which can be condensed into: Mut-Mut-Env/Rupture pretty much.

That being said, for scaling, WW Monks scale incredibly well with Weapons where as on your Rogue you scale better with armor pieces.

rogue is hard to play. i mean would you guys honestly know how to play if all the forums and community resources stopped or got taken away? shadow craft shutdown.. Serious. i call OP a troll. guy is just talking out his ass.

infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-06-08 at 10:38 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    my 547 DPS monk.

Do you think that is more a reflection of class, or that maybe I just play my rogue a little better?
    It may simply be your weapons, if you have significantly better weapons on your rogue than on your monk, your rogue can be out-dpsing your monk, since weapons >>>>> any other gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    rogue is hard to play. i mean would you guys honestly know how to play if all the forums and community resources stopped or got taken away? shadow craft shutdown.. Serious. i call OP a troll. guy is just talking out his ass.
    Combat has a lot of subtle depth that you can maximize (though the dps benefit is minimal), Sub is one of the most difficult specs in the game, but Assassination? There is no defending how easy Assassination is.

Its incredibly smooth and intuitive, and is my favorite spec, but I'm not delusional enough to say its anything other than the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Assassination is the easiest spec in the game. Most likely you're just not playing well on other characters, and since Assassination is so easy you do better on your rogue.
    Assassination was extremely strong in Throne of Thunder (OP's Rogue gear level) and very competitive early in Siege (Monk ilvl). It just didn't scale well through heroic gear, and dropped off more as top players abandoned it for Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    It may simply be your weapons, if you have significantly better weapons on your rogue than on your monk, your rogue can be out-dpsing your monk, since weapons >>>>> any other gear.
    Weapons are almost meaningless for Assassination. Poison and bleed damage, Envenom, all based on attack power only. Another reason why Assassination is strong with lesser gear but peters out when specs with high weapon scaling blow past it.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2014-06-06 at 11:56 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Most likely you're doing something wrong on your monk. Monk is considerably harder to play than Assassination, which can be condensed into: Mut-Mut-Env/Rupture pretty much.

That being said, for scaling, WW Monks scale incredibly well with Weapons where as on your Rogue you scale better with armor pieces.
    OP here, and I agree....
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Weapons are almost meaningless for Assassination. Poison and bleed damage, Envenom, all based on attack power only. Another reason why Assassination is strong with lesser gear but peters out when specs with high weapon scaling blow past it.
    Dispatch is actually a pretty considerable source of damage and scales very well with weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Combat has a lot of subtle depth that you can maximize (though the dps benefit is minimal), Sub is one of the most difficult specs in the game, but Assassination? There is no defending how easy Assassination is.

Its incredibly smooth and intuitive, and is my favorite spec, but I'm not delusional enough to say its anything other than the easiest.
    this sadly is what made me dislike going assassination whenever it was the best spec, I was combat/sub all of bc and I think wrath is when assassination got really powerful.