Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    wrong on both accounts. both sck + rjw now generate 1 chi whenever, no 'target requirement' now to generate the chi. SM is horrible because of this change. 1 SM = RJW healing 1 person. of course RJW costs 2.5* the amount SM does, but if you're healing 3 targets then you're basically coming out ahead + as a MW you're always able to heal melee.

also forget crane stance as a thing: it's useless and not gonna happen, it's not going to be viable in any raid situation (and i don't count farm as making crane stance useful).

all smart heals took the nerf, i dont see what your point is. the surging mist thing was a QoL change because it was dumb we had to target individual people while dpsing.
    Firstly, are you sure that sck/rjw is meant to generate 1 chi at all times? because a recent bluetweet about brewmasters said a similar thing and celestalon said it wasnt meant to gen chi in single target and that it was just bugged.

Secondly, after blizzard went to this much effort to develop crane stance I doubt they're just going to leave it uselessly untuned.

Also, not all smart heals, but I have now checked and they have at least changed the wording of most 'smart heals', however eminence, chain heal and healing stream at least still say most injured ally.

Half the tooltips on beta are outdated, all smart heals target a random injured target not the most injured. This includes chain heal, healing stream and eminence and ofc all the other smart heals as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Secondly, after blizzard went to this much effort to develop crane stance I doubt they're just going to leave it uselessly untuned.
    Crane stance is supposed to be undertuned. If that is even a term. I'll pretend it is! Both Crane and Atonement are supposed to be 50% healing / 50% damage options which, for the former, isn't a problem since Monk's can opt for Mistweaving over Fistweaving. It is more of a problem for Discipline as some measure of the currently lacklustre Atonement is going to be relied upon to generate Evangelism. My opinion is very biased though - I'm still of the mind that Atonement should be integral to Discipline and not something on the sideline.

I apologize if this has been covered in the thread before, someone mentioned it recently yet I didn't see it in the patch notes... Has Grace removed from Disc or is it just absent due to some bug?

Grace is not removed nor it is absent, you don't see it in the spellbook because some passives are not visible on purpose to reduce spellbook clutter but they are very much in effect. Spiritual healing and grace are simple healing increase passives that are not displayed in the spellbook but they work just fine. (25% healing increase on select spells for spiritual healing and 8% healing increase for everything from grace)

Oh so, instead of being an aura that stacks as it is in live, it's just a passive 8% boost to our heals?

Thanks for replies.
    Last edited by sedusa; 2014-07-25 at 03:38 PM.

Yes, that is correct. Here it is straight from the database: Grace

15+ Year Old Account
    The trouble with their strategy and I'm sure it's been said before is disc's healing isn't strong enough to compensate for the abysmal shielding now. Disc just doesn't fit into their new healing strategy, without spikey damage why bring a minor healer with bad shielding when you can bring a Pally and get good healing with poor shielding. If they want disc to be relevant again they're going to have to change the spec so it plays like a paladin does currently.

A reliance on archangel means you'll always be playing catch up and without SS to hold off the damage while you get your stacks just plays frustratingly.
    Last edited by Malania; 2014-07-25 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Grace is not removed nor it is absent, you don't see it in the spellbook because some passives are not visible on purpose to reduce spellbook clutter but they are very much in effect.
    Which is totally backwards as it makes it more confusing for new players instead of less.

Borrowed Time working on CoW now at least...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    When i see changes to MW monks like
    essentially, the glyph effect is now baseline, it makes me question their motives for removing the smart component of atonement, which they justified as "a reduction of smart heals across the board" or something like that. Seems a lot like disc was the only one that got nerfed, but I haven't looked into the state of the ground aoe's in wod. Seems like blizzard is just extracting revenge on disc as per the bnet forums instructed.
    They updated the monk smart heal to be random damaged target a couple of patches ago. Around the same time I noticed Binding Heal was randomly targeting another low health player as well, as if that glyph somehow got made baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by sedusa View Post
    Oh so, instead of being an aura that stacks as it is in live, it's just a passive 8% boost to our heals?

Thanks for replies.
    Which can't even be counted as an ability. They removed Grace from the game, and it was faster to apply a +8% modifier than it would be to buff every spell by 8%. I don't even understand the point of modifiers like that, it's not actually an 8% buff. It's not like the abilities and toolkit isn't balanced with that in mind. Just like the +25% or whatever to Flash Heal on live, except that actually has a purpose (with shadow).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Which can't even be counted as an ability. They removed Grace from the game, and it was faster to apply a +8% modifier than it would be to buff every spell by 8%. I don't even understand the point of modifiers like that, it's not actually an 8% buff. It's not like the abilities and toolkit isn't balanced with that in mind. Just like the +25% or whatever to Flash Heal on live, except that actually has a purpose (with shadow).

I suppose to differentiate disc and holy. It would be odd to have different spell power modifiers for the same spell 'under the hoot'. A new player might wonder 'why does x spell heal for more in y spec?'.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I suppose to differentiate disc and holy. It would be odd to have different spell power modifiers for the same spell 'under the hoot'. A new player might wonder 'why does x spell heal for more in y spec?'.
    That is exactly how grace works right now. There is no mechanical difference between grace and a larger spell power coefficient. Grace isn't even in your spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    you're actually whining that they made a QoL change for the better

holy shit that's amazing, i wish i had the ability to do this. i would jump at an opportunity to suck blizzard's dick if they even considered making QoL changes to ReM rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Grace is not removed nor it is absent, you don't see it in the spellbook because some passives are not visible on purpose to reduce spellbook clutter but they are very much in effect.
    As much as ability bloat isn't a thing, spellbook bloat is even more absurd. There's no "clutter" in your abilities clearly stating what they do.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope to be able to pick the spec I want. It made me sick when I was forced to go discipline, such a boring spec for healing really.

Pay attention, I found Disc boring for healing in PvE... Where I love to have massive healing power with versatility (holy). For some dungeons and pvp it's by far the best fitting healing spec I can think of, but when I am raiding with 24 more people, I like to be able to either heal them all asap or focus on the tanks/target getting certain damage for a time. BUT I like to do it by myself, using my brain to pick a spell or another, not just spaming 2 cd's and smilte doing the healing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I just hope to be able to pick the spec I want. It made me sick when I was forced to go discipline, such a boring spec for healing really.

Pay attention, I found Disc boring for healing in PvE... Where I love to have massive healing power with versatility (holy). For some dungeons and pvp it's by far the best fitting healing spec I can think of, but when I am raiding with 24 more people, I like to be able to either heal them all asap or focus on the tanks/target getting certain damage for a time. BUT I like to do it by myself, using my brain to pick a spell or another, not just spaming 2 cd's and smilte doing the healing for me.
    Most of your healing actually isn't from atonement.

I feel like Blizzard already has a nice toolkit for Disc but it lacks actual healing output. You have you Instant Shield Proc Shield and Big Shield (talent) and then you have Penance to quickly heal target. Penance needs more interaction, I was hoping for Inner Focus interaction in that your next Penance either heals for X% more or heals two targets but, unfortunately it was removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Or Inner Focus trigger so Penance cleaves into 2 more targets... Gawd I wanted that so much