Thread: Sub-races

Sub-races

They added new races.

Added the DK.

We now have new models coming.

A new class would entail a lot of work and balancing, and we already have classes and specializations (sub-classes), so there's enough variety there.

We have many races, but IMO lack enough customization.

Sub-races would fill the niche of something new that doesn't require a ton of work and balancing.

They already have many of the skins in place with NPCs, like the brown orcs and the taunka.

To further differentiate the sub-races they could also add in a new animation or two and a slight change to the racial abilities.

This would be a benefit to both factions and be a lot of fun. They should do this next IMO.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 2014-06-16 at 10:06 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please contribute to discussion instead of making 'this!' or '^^^' -style posts.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-06-17 at 07:12 AM.

They should also add in more ability to change how our toons act and look such as the warlock green fire quest.

Agreed, but that is something they have been doing, so more of that certainly will come in time.

Did you complete that? I did, it was a real bitch, but I did it.

I also did the original hunter one, that one was more fun IMO even though they said it was a failure.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 2014-06-17 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look how much resources they are wasting on updating the races to new polygon count..

Sub-races would double or tripple the amount of races and resource cost..

They already use/waste too much time on it, no more races, please..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more skin options will find their way to us every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Look how much resources they are wasting on updating the races to new polygon count..

What do you mean wasting? Improving the graphics and animation is not a waste, in fact it's long overdue. It's one of the best things about the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

No not at all. They're not making new models. The common sub-races are like Dark Iron dwarves, that's a different skin colour, or high elves, or different tauren or orcs. These could be done in a day. It's just reskinning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    What do you mean wasting? Improving the graphics and animation is not a waste, in fact it's long overdue. It's one of the best things about the expansion.
    .....and what happens when you cover all those millions of polygons with armor? They got covered and never seen..

Thus, waste of time and money..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

.....and what happens when you cover all those millions of polygons with armor? They got covered and never seen..

LOL, that makes no sense at all. Wearing armor doesn't reduce the polygon count, everything is getting a facelift.

.....and what happens when you cover all those millions of polygons with armor?
    they look like a person actually wearing armor instead of a ken doll you put some shit ontop of
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

No. No. NO.

Let me explain this for you here: the only sub-races we would like to see are the Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarves for the Alliance and Mag'har Orcs for the Horde. That's it. We don't need anything else. We don't need leper Gnomes, we don't need 500 fucking different variations of Elves, we don't need blue goblins, etc etc. Here is what Blizzard needs to do: Change the skin color for dwarves; Dark Irons get a dark skin and their eyes a flaming red color, as for Wildhammers... add some blue tattoos and war paint. I don't suppose its that much of a challenge for a multi-billion gaming company. Here is what they need to do for Mag'har Orcs: Change the green color to a brownish one and perhaps also add some tattoos and/or additional features. Once again, I do not suppose its that much of a challenge for a multi-billion gaming company... or is it? Lol.

OMG! Yeah man, you're totally right. Changing the skin color of a race would surely double or even triple their resource cost! /sarcasm

Yet they have plenty of time to shit out 2 new store mounts (inb4 Blizzard fanboys start flaming me because the store mount team is a different team than the team that works on character models).

Anyway, sub-races will most likely never happen. Not because of that "it's too much work", but because it's apparently not important for Blizzard and they simply don't care about it, or they don't want to invest money and/or time into these sub-races (which should not take double or triple the amount of races and resource costs by the way).

There is no excuse for no sub-races. You can't defend Blizzard for not adding sub-races. Either they are lazy, or its simply just a matter of money.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still see your characters face. In fact, I'm sure that a lot of people hide their helmet so they can see their characters' face.

Stop trolling man.
    Last edited by Sainur; 2014-06-17 at 10:29 AM.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Sub-races will be great paid service. imagine "buy Northrend 6 skin pack(earthen, iron dwarf, tunaka, drakkari + maybe polar furbolg and blue ogre if payable) for 25$ instead of buying each skin for 5$! Each sub race got their own dance animation!111!!!!!1" we will get them sooner or later but they will require new races anyway :P just to add new skin variants.

I would be surprised if they would give us for free more than choosing hair style and color or skin color tone...

Not a priority, though something they should invest time to whenever they have it. Brawler's Guild is a fun addition, but still just an extra nobody asked for, so Blizz does have time and resources for non-essential extra content/stuff every now and then.

Tbh, at this point I'd take sub-races over new races, as we have enough playable race factions by now. It's starting to get cluttered.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

This. I'd love the sub races but maybe NEXT expansion.

I'd love to see sub races. Wouldn't have to be any major differences, just cosmetic stuff (like how Dark Irons have the skin tone and red eyes, Wildhammers are covered in tattoos, etc).

Instanced starting zones for sub races would be cool too. For example, as a Dark Iron Dwarf, you start out in an instanced Blackrock Mountain and work your way through a quest chain for the first few levels. It eventually leads up to a quest where you go to Ironforge and are accepted by the rest of the Dwarves, at the point where the Council of the Three Hammers is forming.

I really love the instanced starting areas and quest chains that some races have. Particularly the instanced stuff like DKs/Pandaren/Goblins/Worgen have. Would like to see more of that. It would probably take a lot of work to implement and keep up with (especially when you have things like how the Horde Warchief has changed a couple of times, etc), but I think stuff like that makes alts more fun and unique to play since most of the class-specific stuff is gone now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-17 at 01:39 PM.