Huzzah for walls of text! Also, Myobi, I might have something more for you to add to your image collection here in a bit. Depending on the responses that I get.

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...concerns.4705/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So essentially that post just admitted they don't have time to produce a video game, especially not one as dedicated as an MMO....but yet they want people to give them $600K to continue doing this. Forget Azrile, forget the concept of a scam, for all I care forget everything we've ever said and just listen to what comes out of their own mouths:

They are too busy with their families and real jobs to work on this game. This is why the game looks like absolute crap with little effort put in it....because literally that is what is happening.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've been trying to get the admins to change my user tag thingy from "moderator" to "Ruiner of fun", but they haven't done so yet : (
    You could always move it to chat tread .

I dont mind gifs if they fit.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So essentially that post just admitted they don't have time to produce a video game, especially not one as dedicated as an MMO....but yet they want people to give them $600K to continue doing this. Forget Azrile, forget the concept of a scam, for all I care forget everything we've ever said and just listen to what comes out of their own mouths:

They are too busy with their families and real jobs to work on this game. This is why the game looks like absolute crap with little effort put in it....because literally that is what is happening.
    "We're asking for $600k for us to spend our free time working on a game."

Strongest Kickstarter pitch ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman199 View Post
    Huzzah for walls of text! Also, Myobi, I might have something more for you to add to your image collection here in a bit. Depending on the responses that I get.
    The Runescape screenshot of people selling things lol.

You're totally right of course. I've played a few MMOs in my time (browser and Korean ones) that didn't have global chat. Essentially what happens is everybody congregates around the first "main" town to sell their stuff, and there's just thousands of people spamming adverts... and that's exactly what would happen in ToA. The town with full protection (the noob starter one iirc would 1-shot anyone that tried to PvP) would be the main trading hub. Which also means clusters of towns around it for travelling convenience. People aren't going to go to the far-flung corners of the world if they need to not only "physically" move and trade items, but also be within earshot to advertise.

The very idea of no global channels in a game about trading and crafting, with no map and no fast-travel, is just short-sighted.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-02-23 at 07:13 PM.

Nah, nah. They want you to fund them to outsource the game. Completely different things. And the last game that comes to mind for me that was entirely outsourced was... Aliens: Colonial Marines. And that game was AWESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Valarius, the best part. YOU HAVE TO NAME ALL THOSE PEOPLE. You won't actually know who's who in there.

Deleted
    Oh and Valarius, the best part. YOU HAVE TO NAME ALL THOSE PEOPLE. You won't actually know who's who in there.
    Actually forgot about that. So they'll all just appear as ??????? in the (local) chat log, and you wont even know who's advertising what? Genius.

"Legendary Boiler WTS boiled water. I'm wearing a pink dress with a yellow wizard hat, standing near the inn door, using the /cry emote"
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-02-23 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're asking for $600k for us to spend our free time working on a game."

Strongest Kickstarter pitch ever.
    At least being that honest would have led people to think it was satire and they would have donated so much money it would have turned into a real game. Sorta like putting up a funny kickstarter for potato salad that results in the most amazing celebration of potato salad on our planet.

It's like ToA is the first album being written by a garage band who instead of just hammering it out until they have an album, funding their own recording time, and then trying to sell it to someone....they are going straight to a record company with their guitarist playing scales, a drum machine playing a beat, and them talking over the song of how they wrote 4 thousand pages of lyrics instead of just singing the lyrics.

In what other medium would this attempt even be as possible as a kickstarter? It should have been shut down the second someone even suggested it.
    BAD WOLF

Nah, nah. They want you to fund them to outsource the game. Completely different things. And the last game that comes to mind for me that was entirely outsourced was... Aliens: Colonial Marines. And that game was AWESOME!
    Really want to post that .gif of the retarded Alien just waddling around cluelessly now...

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Actually forgot about that. So they'll all just appear as ??????? in the (local) chat log, and you wont even know who's advertising what? Genius.

"Legendary Boiler WTS boiled water. I'm wearing a pink dress with a yellow wizard hat, standing near the inn door, using the /cry emote"
    Super innovative feature; I wonder why no other MMO has tried this yet? Blizzard should be taking notes!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I keep telling them not to. I'm secretly Boub

In all honesty though, some of you guys are getting to be as bad about the game failing as the TOA fans are about it succeeding. Just relax a little While I do still think it might be a little too early to say for sure, it does seem the KS will fall short. Not much reason to boast about it.
    I mean I personally have no problem with boasting about it. Screw that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Really want to post that .gif of the retarded Alien just waddling around cluelessly now...

Super innovative feature; I wonder why no other MMO has tried this yet? Blizzard should be taking notes!
    And now I really want to see said .gif, Darn you mods! Playfully joking of course on the mod part.

- - - Updated - - -

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...concerns.4705/
    That is a really well thought out post over there though, some pretty legit questions

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    In all honesty though, some of you guys are getting to be as bad about the game failing as the TOA fans are about it succeeding.
    Personally, I just want them to stop trying to spout BS and passing off their lack of work/effort/skill as somehow endearing. I would prefer it to fail, but only because they're crapping all over the people who've made real effort and have real potential. Assuming Teddy's a real person, and he's been the only one making anything real happen with the "game", he deserves a lot of credit. Those other however-many-there-are need to stop trying to claim that they're somehow being put-upon by all the mean doubters when there's clearly no reason to believe that anything legit is going on.

They're even now calling their network code stable. Like, as in MMO-stable, or as in "we can get a dozenish testers onto our piddly server" stable? Given the evidence against stable MMOs through Unity, I'd really love it if they'd back that up instead of still trying to dodge it.

I have indeed been convinced (a while back) that they're working on something. But for them to keep asking for money and then claim that they have jobs and can't be asked to give any of that up for their vision...ya, no, that's not how KS is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Amazing, from the mmorpg.com, apparently I'm an un-rational kid for not trusting in Forged Chaos and it’s all MMO-C is the one ruining the damn thing *clap*
    Yeah it was all us at MMO-C that caused such a wonderful project to go down in flames....again...

You know Myobi I need yer help...yer help...yer help...in taking down this game. I suggest we sit back and just watch it destroy itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this was sorta mentioned earlier, but what the eff kind of community specifically hunts down all other MMO forums and trolls them with advertising about this unreleased game right when they start a kickstarter campaign? If I was a mod at any of these sites I would shut them down and ban their IPs immediately.

The posts in this thread: https://www.trialsofascension.com/fo...the-word.4652/ make me sick. Some of the posts accusing this thread of nefarious deeds just make me laugh.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    snip
    Well just because they are incompetent does not mean they are also out to scam people. I mean they ran a cash shop for how long to get 'donations' for this project? They supposedly raised 67,000. Now let's assume they really got that much in donations from people. Do you REALLY think they spent 67k on making that tech demo? It has been stated many times by people with actual coding/Unity experience that you can do a lot more work than these people have for next to no money.

Yes it is true they have SOME small tech demo and the basic outlines of things, but still does not mean what they have would be considered a game either. They are clueless and are trying to outsource everything. Still I personally believe they pocketed some donations and claimed to use it on a 'tech demo' but that is my own view and really isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha....Massively has an 'article'(very loose term) about the game, but one of their staff had the best comment about this game:
    Quote Originally Posted by Breetoplay
    That said, even if it's legit, it looks wretched. Our news post is to tell people it exists, not to tell people to back it or how to waste their money. But fortunately I don't have to be neutral here in the comments, and I wouldn't give these dudes a penny. And since this Kickstarter is going to fail again, I doubt we'll see any reason to cover it again anyway.
    (source)
    BAD WOLF

Another random thought. What happened to all the thousands of views they loved to show off in that KS video? The last few youtube videoes, AMA, and other things they have done have suddenly dropped to like 10% or less of those thousands of views in the past couple months. Hmm..must be those dirty bastards at mmo-champ ruining the hype!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha....Massively has an 'article'(very loose term) about the game, but one of their staff had the best comment about this game:

(source)
    Haha yeah I posted about that a few pages back, that mod made my freaking day with how they destroyed ToA.

So... I've gotten pretty much exactly the responses that I thought I was going to. People are completely ignoring everything I say and trying to defend Elyssia's comment.

(source)
    Bree is the EiC of Massively, to boot : P

Bree is the EiC of Massively, to boot : P
    That makes it that much better! Damn I thought they were cold-blooded before, but that is just great! Calling it 'wretched' and then blasting it even further...ouch

Deleted
    Since it's been a whole page without a gif, I can't promise I wont post one soon.

sorrynotsorry