Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I had one of these in Cataclysm. I unsubbed a few weeks after launch and got the email inviting me back for 7 free days when the 4.1 Zandalari patch released. It's nothing new and definitely legit

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been unsubbed for about 2 months now waiting for the new expansion. Got a free week and activated it today So I can not lose my guild leader position. So kicked everyone out of my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got the same email. and i plan to use it during AV weekend because that is the best time to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    7 days is enough to boost their Q2 sub number, they dont care about anything else.
    I am sure this is the reason.
    Any "unfrozen" accounts count as subs.

I got this promotion. I unsub since December.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two licenses on one Bnet account - one I use to play currently and one that has been inactive for a while. Wonder if I would be eligible for the free seven days or if they just send it out to accounts that don't have any active subs. <_<
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I used this and got 7 free days to play and that's from a cata mail in 2013 i found, still worked for me though haha just press the play for free thing.. http://media.wow-europe.com/email/20...dex_en-gb.html
    Lol it worked for me, said something about 5.3 "Esqualation" patch or whatever. But I used it and got 7 free days.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2014-06-21 at 06:35 PM.

Maybe blizz doesn't like you. I've been unsubbed/ frozen for 3 months as well and I got the email. Put it on last night and now got 7 days free.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If it's a link (or in this case, a button) and you're stupid enough to click it, enjoy having your account stolen.
    The amount of sheer paranoia among WoW players and clicking links is astounding, almost comical.

Idk how people that were unsubbed for 2 months get a free week ,i have been unsubbed for aprox 4 months and got nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    They do these once & awhile.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    No email but the offer's sitting there on my account page. No idea if it works... not interested.

I got one of these as well. I've been unsubbed since February-ish. I don't plan to use it. No point to come back at this point for me. I've moved on to SWTOR until they fix WoD. MoP is boring as hell and WoD looks like trash right now, and removes some of the few things I actually like in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I haven't been subbed to WoW for a while, but I just got an email saying that I could get a free week of WoW to try out the new Gaze of the Black Prince buff.

"<My name>,

To become a legendary hero, one must first obtain a truly legendary cloak. Return free today with 7 days of game time, and the Black Prince will help you on your quest to earn yours. For a limited time, the Gaze of the Black Prince buff will give you a 100% increase to Black Prince reputation and increase the legendary quest item drop rate. Click here to learn more.

Claim your game time to earn your place alongside the legendary heroes of Warcraft! Simply click the button below—or just log in to Battle.net®, select your game account <Account name>, and click Referrals & Rewards > Free Game Time.

Hurry, this offer expires June 30, 2014!"

Did anyone else get this? Why is Blizz doing this? The only other time I can recall where I was given a free week of WoW time was with the launch of SoO. Also, does this mean I'll be able to use it on June 29th and still get a free week? What do you guys think?

Edit: There is also a pic of the box art for the expansion in the email. Not sure if it's been shown around before, but it is of Grom screaming/posing.
    this is probably legit - and also a desperate try to salvage q2 subs - its just fishing for people to resub and prevent another 500k subs loose on paper.

Promotion is only US wide so us EU folks are not getting anything

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    I'm brazilian, I play on the US servers and got nothing, so... guess it doesn't work like that.

[QUOTE=Einsz;27769143]Promotion is only US wide so us EU folks are not getting anything[/QUOTE

How do you know this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    How do you know this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do only accounts with no cloak get the email? I got nothing, don't really care; have no time to play anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Riiiight.

The people getting free time do not count as subs but keep on hating if that makes you happy.
    No, I'm sure they do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Not to try to lure people back in for more real subs.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Do only accounts with no cloak get the email? I got nothing, don't really care; have no time to play anyway.
    This could be the reason.
    I have no cloak. Got invite.

I guess Blizzard cares about LFR Baddies after all.
    Don't forget to "cancel" the sub and put "I want better LFR loot" as reason.

So I went through my account history, I have been playing since release and have a total of 78 days free, the last of which came in 2010. I guess they changed their mind after that.