Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Is it possible to use Shadowmeld and switch stances mid-combat? I haven't played since long ago, but i remember people speaking about unkillable druids and drinking during fights.
    Shadowmeld doesn't take you out of combat during raids or instances any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

Oh yeah and the Icon is awesome.

Wow, worth playing just for that!

Deleted
    I have a hard time really understanding the gearing part of this. Are we supposed to pick up tanking or DPS gear? Or all the DPS gear we can with the exception for pieces with +armor on them? Paired with a DPS 1 hander and a shield with rather offensive stats.

Also, do you think the "you will not be able to tank in gladiator stance" drop of for 5mans/heroics? Maybe not in the start of the expansion, you still have a shield and can block and you wear plate. I think a glad warrior could tank 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by yeel View Post
    I have a hard time really understanding the gearing part of this. Are we supposed to pick up tanking or DPS gear? Or all the DPS gear we can with the exception for pieces with +armor on them? Paired with a DPS 1 hander and a shield with rather offensive stats.

Also, do you think the "you will not be able to tank in gladiator stance" drop of for 5mans/heroics? Maybe not in the start of the expansion, you still have a shield and can block and you wear plate. I think a glad warrior could tank 5mans.
    If I had to guess I'd imagine our best stats would be as follows (priority = dunno)

Bonus Armor
    Crit
    Mastery
    Multistrike

As for the tanking 5 mans comment, not at the start of the expansion. Collision or Arch already tested that and it wasn't very smooth.

But yeah, I'm somewhat convinced that the changes to Arms and Fury are Blizzard's overhanded way to make Warriors try out Gladiator Stance.

Serious videos about gladiator, I've posted thes elsewhere...

Rotation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LjIPLTU0PU

Attempting to tank: (Worked fine on a 5 man heroic boss, did not work when I tried to swap to a raid boss.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtULPg1q3s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Serious videos about gladiator, I've posted thes elsewhere...

Rotation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LjIPLTU0PU

Attempting to tank: (Worked fine on a 5 man heroic boss, did not work when I tried to swap to a raid boss.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtULPg1q3s
    Is this only with selfhealing? Would totally work otherwise for 5mans

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Is it possible to use Shadowmeld and switch stances mid-combat? I haven't played since long ago, but i remember people speaking about unkillable druids and drinking during fights.
    changed in or before the burning crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

i can tank 5 mans as fury if i overgear them.

possible and feasible are two different things though.

Stupid DPS Warriors, stealing my shields....

I'm interested to try it out, but still just bitter that I can't switch between G-Stance and D-Stance for tanking though

Is this only with selfhealing? Would totally work otherwise for 5mans
    It works because Gladiators benefit from Resolve atm, something I'm pretty certain is not intended. Even without it though, Gladiators have a lot of personal survivability that would help them tank.

Raid bosses wreck though, lack of crit immunity especially makes it a no go.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, why gladiator stance, you say? Cause some warriors want to be like Crixus from the Spartacus tv series, and shield bash the shit out of something....lol... that and Blizz must of watched it....

with the supposted butchery of fury and arms at the moment, glad stance warrior is looking smexy

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    lol, why gladiator stance, you say? Cause some warriors want to be like Crixus from the Spartacus tv series, and shield bash the shit out of something....lol... that and Blizz must of watched it....

with the supposted butchery of fury and arms at the moment, glad stance warrior is looking smexy
    why the hell would anyone want to use a shield as a weapon when they have a sword/mace/axe/polearm in their other hand? a shield would be heavy and impossible to maneuver.

Blizzard's grand plan = change Fury to behave like the Matt Rossis of the world want it to and make Gladiator Stance the go to spec for the heroic raiding Fury Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    why the hell would anyone want to use a shield as a weapon when they have a sword/mace/axe/polearm in their other hand? a shield would be heavy and impossible to maneuver.
    I want to DPS with a shield! Again, something to be said about Bashing someone's skull with a shield and then stabbing them through their chest as they fall backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    Part of the game is immersion, so there's value in having elements of reality within the realm of fantasy. In times of war before the expansion of guns and similar weaponry, did warriors and soldiers go into battle swinging two weapons? Not likely. The more common image that comes to mind is someone with a sword&board style, which is what Gladiator Stance enables as part of the game for dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjmackey View Post
    Part of the game is immersion, so there's value in having elements of reality within the realm of fantasy. In times of war before the expansion of guns and similar weaponry, did warriors and soldiers go into battle swinging two weapons? Not likely. The more common image that comes to mind is someone with a sword&board style, which is what Gladiator Stance enables as part of the game for dealing damage.
    right but the shield is made for defense. that's why you don't carry two shields or just a shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    By this logic we should have 1 hand spears to use with the shield...

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    By this logic we should have 1 hand spears to use with the shield...
    You make that sound like it's bad.

Deleted
    Does Glad stance still let you use shield barrier? Wonder how it would work for soloing all these rare mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Kikisamoa View Post
    Does Glad stance still let you use shield barrier? Wonder how it would work for soloing all these rare mobs
    Yes, with Resolve its pretty damn strong, but pretty sure that is a bug and Glad wont have Resolve on live.

Actually having Resolve is not a bad thing, except maybe it's contribution towards Shield Barrier is much too strong. They could always make separate AP modifiers for SB, OR introduce a cooldown on it so that it's not too OP.

Have them benefit from Resolve but have SB have a CD so that defensive potential is still retained.

I guess the problem could be resolved much easier with no resolve. Wow, I'm making puns all day.