Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who feels this way? I absolutely despise this raid. And it's definitely not because of burn out. I jumped into this tier late and only ran it on normal a few times and a few more in LFR/Flex. Meanwhile I've done full ToT at least a hundred times across several difficulties. Currently I've been working on some cloaks for a few alts, and I just do ToT because I like that raid and for-go the extra chances at drops from the first two wings of SoO.
    Dragon Souls still holds the title of Worst Raid, but SoO comes in at a close second.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    I don't find Siege of Orgrimmar the worst raid because that would be Ruby Sanctum or Dragon Soul. The raid is actually quite okay but becomes very boring after nine months.

I think because you jump in a bit late, when all of the euphoria and fresh feeling of this raid worn out. When everybody are already cleared em out, that you missed the progressing part. To me raid feels great when we're progressing. When you jumped on farm phase, well you just missed the fun part. And it's amusing how you judge SoO for being the worst only based on some normal and LFR/Flex experience. I suggest you should try Heroic Garrosh.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2014-07-06 at 06:24 PM.

Length in raid and refusal to just put it down and take a break from it usually is what makes a raid the 'worse". If I was still grinding SoO I would absolutely hate that shit too. But like 3 months ago we just stopped. Was pointless to grind out the instance for a few pieces of gear that will get replaced with greens and blues while questing.

Deleted
    I must be one of the few who feels Dragon Soul was above and beyond this one.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Any raid gets stamped as "worst raid ever" when it's been out for as long as SoO has been.

It's a pretty damned good raid if I may say so myself, but ToT = my favourite this expansion around.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Far from it. The whole expansion had some truly magnificent raids when done above flex/lfr difficulty.

I think the issue is more for people still playing that there is a general lack of new content in the phase between last patch and new expansion. Wrath and Cata had this too with the last raid being the newest content available for over 40 resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It's because both of the last two fights were kill blobs --> kill tentacles --> kill blobs ---> ad infinitum (almost)
    I hate the Madness fight, but I don't think that should ruin the reputation of the rest of the raid. I thought Heroic Hagara, Zonozz and Yshajdsalkjajshdkjasd were all pretty fun. Morchok, Ultraxion and Blackhorn weren't bad. Spine was very cool, just very very overtuned.

DS gets a 6/10 from me. Not great but still above average. I think BOT, BWD and FL just were much, much better raids during that expansion.

In MoP, the only good raid was ToT, which I'd give an 7 or 8/10. The rest are 5 or below.

I loved Hyjal btw. I also liked ToC. I think they were different and interesting at the time of their release. I think ToC just had wayyyy too much burnout because of 4 versions per week. Mechanic wise, all of the ToC bosses were solid and Anub was a great fight, especially for healers. Hyjal was cool because of the lore figures and the whole "defend your keep" flavor. It was also the reason why I made a Pally tank, because they were absolutely amazing in that raid with their AoE tanking. I think they were almost required at the time for that raid.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2014-07-07 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No where near the worst.

AQ40, MH, TK, ToC and DS are all far worse to name a few.

I find SoO to be one of the best. Heroic siege and klaxxi are by far the designed fights to date. Siege especially, no canned strat you get to pick your own belts and no order is better than any other. I think the issue is garrosh fight is lackluster. Not saying its easy but the difficulty comes in these huge swings and then relatively nothing. It has an mc mechanic( by far the worst boss ability you could have) and phase 1 is harder than phase 4. Just seems like after thunder king ( which was awesome) it kind of ruined all the solid work done in rest of the raid.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I absolutely despise this raid. And it's definitely not because of burn out. I jumped into this tier late and only ran it on normal a few times and a few more in LFR/Flex. Meanwhile I've done full ToT at least a hundred times across several difficulties. Currently I've been working on some cloaks for a few alts, and I just do ToT because I like that raid and for-go the extra chances at drops from the first two wings of SoO.
    It is one of the better raid tiers. Nothing can be worse then Naxx 2.0. A t7 raid where the last boss was killed by raiders wearing T6 from the previous x-pac. DS was a strong contender in terms of boring, lack of imagination, and a very anti-climatic boss fight that involved killing blobs and tentacles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Length in raid and refusal to just put it down and take a break from it usually is what makes a raid the 'worse". If I was still grinding SoO I would absolutely hate that shit too. But like 3 months ago we just stopped. Was pointless to grind out the instance for a few pieces of gear that will get replaced with greens and blues while questing.
    Same here...we stopped in mid april. 10/14 heroic was good enough and we were constantly having to replace people with new people with lack of gear and even understanding of there character so we said "screw it". I unsubbed and am waiting for WoD to resub. I've never unsubbed before by choice but I never really got into the whole asian theme of MoP...can't wait for it to be over with.

Deleted
    Molten core imho was REALLY boring: just an oversized ragefire Chasm, with oversized trash mobs as boss (only unique model was ragnaros... that was bad).

And BWL, while good, is truly an example of BAD design: the most complicated fights, Razorgore & Vael, were not only the first 2 bosses, but the first 2 things that players encounter in BWL. I think that during Vanilla a lot of players never saw the rest of that place due to those 2 bosses.

ToC and DS were pretty bad. Especially DS. As "end of expansion raid" it should have been better. And the fight against Deatwing? Theoretically, fighting alongside all the dragon aspects and the most powerful shaman of Azeroth could have been the most epic fight ever seen in wow.. theoretically

About MOP raids, imho both mogushan vaults and terrace of endless springs are quite bad. However Throne of Thunder imho was the best raid we've seen since ICC.
    Last edited by mmoc46c28000e7; 2014-07-07 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ulduar>Kara>Icc>SoO>ToT

I had to second this... =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rindrae View Post
    Ruby Sanctum is by far the worst IMO
    It has to be the worst filler raid instance ><

I firmly believe that raiding has only gotten better since the beginning. How so?

I'm no longer carrying half the raid ( 40mans )
    I'm no longer raiding 4-5 nights a week to actually progress ( 40mans and BC )
    I'm no longer having to recruit as often ( smaller team sizes since BC )
    I'm no longer carrying anyone at all ( 10man heroic )
    And going forward if tuning goes as planned, I'll be in a mode to recruit for a larger team while still raiding every raid night ( flexible for normal/heroic ) and hopefully come Mythic I won't be carrying in a 20man environment.

As far as actual raid design, they've all got their special fights, the good and the bad, but I definitely think there is more "good" in the MoP dungeons than any previous expansion.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I actually thought hof was the worst raid

10+ Year Old Account
    No raid in MoP is a good candidate for worst raid. Search your feelings Luke, you know it to be true.

I think Mount Hyjal is my pick for worst raid.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Nope. Lots of people hated Dragon Soul at the end of Cata too. Same can be argued for ICC in Wrath too.

Deleted
    compared to what? SoO is one of the best raid they ever made imo. Totc is by far the worst raid ever made

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're just sick of it /thread
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    BT and aq 40 the "worst" ones?

i lold.