Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also collectively T16 is the ugliest gear ever. T9 was my least favorite till I saw T16.

Dragon Soul is by far the worst raid ever with TotC being the second worst. SoO, to me, is pretty mediocre but no where near as bad as DS or TotC. This is the second xpac where the final tier is out shined heavily by the previous tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I actually think ICC is mediocre lol.
    I didn't like ICC either. Only cool bosses were Putricide and Lich king and the raid felt sort of empty and unfinished. It was almost like they completed the design for the building structure then rushed it out without putting any detail into it.

In no particular order BT, Kara, Naxx (original), Ulduar and TOT are the best raids WOW has had in my opinion.

I'd agree that Dragon Soul is probably the worst raid ever. Deathwing also takes the prize for most underwhelming end of Tier raid boss. It's cool that they tried to do something new with the 2 deathwing fights but neither worked.. It never really felt like you were fighting a giant evil dragon. It just felt like you were fighting a bunch of adds.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-06-23 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ruby Sanctum says hello. Nothing is going to surpase that crap factory. It is actually so bad most never even ran it so it is forgotten along with many Blizzard blunders over the years.
    Last time I ever led a raid was to that place. Coming out of it, I had a pair of broken headphones and I think I was close to an apoplexy.

On topic... Far from it. It's one of the better raids they've done, though I think that might be because it's current, so my memories of it are fresh. As a whole it's not as great as Ulduar, ICC and the like, but nowhere near as bad as Dragon Soul and ToGC. None of the bosses truly stand out as memorable big-bads like the Lich King and Yogg Saron. Thematically it's OK, there's plenty of original boss mechanics to get past and some of the trash packs are quite fun.

Given time (i.e. when it's no longer current) I think it'll be in the upper mid-pack of favourite raids. I would put it alongside Blackwing Descent. It's not a classic, but it's still good.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Also collectively T16 is the ugliest gear ever. T9 was my least favorite till I saw T16.
    Put away your rose-tainted goggles. They suck. Every single Vanilla and TBC set was SO much worse...

Best raid after ICC and ToT in my book. Worst raid = Dragon Soul.

SoO is big, has interesting bosses, lots of trash and running...exactly what people were whinging for after DS. Best raid MoP imo is ToT though, no competition. I even rate it higher than ICC apart from the final boss...killing the Lich King will never be toppled for me.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-06-23 at 04:07 PM.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I absolutely despise this raid. And it's definitely not because of burn out. I jumped into this tier late and only ran it on normal a few times and a few more in LFR/Flex. Meanwhile I've done full ToT at least a hundred times across several difficulties. Currently I've been working on some cloaks for a few alts, and I just do ToT because I like that raid and for-go the extra chances at drops from the first two wings of SoO.
    I loved SoO in heroic, normal modes were a joke and a half anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can finish normal mode up to Garrosh and then it is a matter of out gearing it or growing a 3rd brain cell.

ToT hands down my favorite raid ever, so fun as far as Mechanics go but I felt Ulduar had a much better open world experience and Blizzard could've made ToT so much more than it was. SoO was a tiny bit disappointing but it is kinda hard to not be when you are the tier following ToT, if anything the reasons why I dislike SoO aren't the raid itself but how blizzard absolutely destroyed some specs and classes and chickened out at the last second and made the trinkets incredibly boring instead of interesting like they originally were.

I must be one of the few who feels Dragon Soul was above and beyond this one.
    rofl *walks out of thread* you never go full.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Best raid after ICC and ToT in my book. Worst raid = Dragon Soul.

SoO is big, has interesting bosses, lots of trash and running...exactly what people were whinging for after DS. Best raid MoP imo is ToT though, no competition. I even rate it higher than ICC apart from the final boss...killing the Lich King will never be toppled for me.
    I agree I haven't had a lore character I wanted to take down on the same level as the Lich King ever. Probably because they don't even implement real 'big evil guy' lore anymore they are trying to make it more complicated I guess and I personally believe it just isn't working for em.

Not by far. Dragon Soul was far, far worse. I'm still having a lot of fun in Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Sorry man but SoO was actually a good raid...we're just gonna be around for a while is all. Naxx 2.0 was boring (guild cleared it in mostly T6 and it was a T7 raid), DS was lame...especially the last 2 fights...tentacles and blobs much?
    Too be fair t6 because of the 3 sockets was better then the 200 blues that you would have had from heroic dungeons and some of the Naxx 10 gear, even more so with Wrath gems in them. Seeing how the first raid of an expansion is tuned to be cleared with the dungeon drops prior to it that means you cleared Naxx in gear better then what was needed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Most of the encounters definitely feel uninspired and dull, but it is salvaged by a few good ones that were ambitious in design. It's an okay raid.

Siege of Orgrimmar is an excellent raid, only problem with it is spending too much time there.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Put away your rose-tainted goggles. They suck. Every single Vanilla and TBC set was SO much worse...
    Wait, what? I'll give you Vanilla, but TBC had some of the best tier ever, depending on your class, more specifically tier 6. Lightbringer Paladin set for instance, as well as the Priest Absolution Regalia.

Obviously all a matter of opinion, but saying TBC sucked seems a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Depends on the class I suppose, but the T16 hunter set is complete garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Only way I can say its worse than others is that there's not much reason to do it for more than Garrosh heirlooms on my alts. At least DS had the mount drop incentive.
    I believe heirlooms are more incentive that mounts, really; you gotta go there every week to get all the heirlooms you may or may not need (for future alts), and they're going with WoD, while the Annihilator is staying.

Also, Kor'kron War Wolf.

Only problem with SOO is that its going to be out too long, IMO they should have finished the raid but held onto it and let ToT run for a little longer.

Maybe even done the same for ToT, letting the initial 3 raids run a little longer too... a 4th tier would have been cool but kept the same xpac release.

But Soo is a good raid, i enjoy it. DS is much worse, i prefer Soo to FL too, damn that staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again I think we need to establish a set of metrics before people start jumping in saying this/that is better/worse. First you should look and consider the differences between heroic/normal raids. Then you might want to add in relative player power vs raid instance.

Can you really say that DS was horrible if you never did it at level and on heroic mode? Same goes for SoO or ICC.

The lore/story behind ICC was definitely really good. But consider the airship fight which most people came to know as the loot ship.

Meanwhile ToT is really good especially Lei Shen, and those snail trashes are still amazing.

As for SoO, Blackfuse has the most straight forward mechanics despite being chaotic. Malkorok's miasma was also an interesting healer mechanic. However Galakras was pretty darn annoying as you spent the minority of time with the boss.

If I had to pick one raid that was less than stellar I would pick heart of fear for being relatively lackluster except that's probably 1 of 2 raids that I never got to do in heroic.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Its far from my favorite raid aswell, it was pretty fun to run it the first few times but got boring incredibly quick. Some boss fights were interesting, and I kinda like the concept of raiding my own capital city, but for the rest it felt lackluster. I don't even like the Underhold, most boring place in WoW.

Throne of Thunder is my favorite MoP raid, despite being so lineair. I liked the dark theme, going into underground caverns, and Lei Shen himself was a great fight. The thrash was also done well, great raid.