Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deserter Debuff hotfixes

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...for-rated-pvp/

"The debuff will also apply if a player leaves the queue (or ignores it) once the match is ready and they’re given the prompt to enter."

Good bye tanking your rating for easy wins/carries.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-06-23 at 10:38 PM.

Only problem I see with it now is that when in combat you can't enter. You can enter LFG/LFR in combat so why not Arena, especially if you're going to be getting a 5min stacking debuff from it.

I think it'll be much better for the lower brackets as well, it'll stop the people in full Prideful who are terrible and win by having gear from being able to drop rating down and just annoy those gearing up.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-06-23 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Only problem I see with it now is that when in combat you can't enter. You can enter LFG/LFR in combat so why not Arena, especially if you're going to be getting a 5min stacking debuff from it.
    Well you still get a reasonable amount of time to leave combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Well you still get a reasonable amount of time to leave combat.
    Not enough tbh, had it pop multiple times just as someone tries to attack me out in the world before. Same goes for if you're dead, you can't enter. There's no reason, especially with this change, that they can't just make it enter like it does with LFG/LFR.

Not enough tbh, had it pop multiple times just as someone tries to attack me out in the world before. Same goes for if you're dead, you can't enter. There's no reason, especially with this change, that they can't just make it enter like it does with LFG/LFR.
    then maybe plan a little bit and dont be in an area where 50 ppl can jump you while queuing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see how this will change anything for those who tank MMR. Now they'll just enter the arena, get in combat and /afk to leave quickly. It's still easier to tank MMR to 1k mmr that way and win arenas in 10-15 seconds than having to play a 15 min long arena game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised by the forum responses. People are really pissed, it was an exploit that a lot of people have abused. I'll admit I've done it when trying new comps and getting easy conquest. I just que from the shrine so I don't see not being able to enter when in combat being a problem. For those that don't do that though it sucks, hopefully Blizz will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    then maybe plan a little bit and dont be in an area where 50 ppl can jump you while queuing.
    Or Blizz could just allow us to accept a queue in combat, much like our PvE brothers are allowed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I'm surprised by the forum responses. People are really pissed, it was an exploit that a lot of people have abused. I'll admit I've done it when trying new comps and getting easy conquest. I just que from the shrine so I don't see not being able to enter when in combat being a problem. For those that don't do that though it sucks, hopefully Blizz will fix that.
    A lot of the negative feelings for it are because it was very useful to quickly gain conquest. You could spend 5 minutes tanking your rating and then spend the next 60 minutes winning 20+ games in a row.

I understand the change but it will cause a heavy increase in how long it takes players to go from 90 to full prideful. The only real benefit to this I see is players that know the system are now forced to play the same as players who don't.

Personally I wish they also increased the reward for winning to compensate. I don't see players being boosted as bad players I see them as under geared and using they system to help them overcome that disadvantage.

All and all good change should have been done at the start of a season not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    This. I am very casual about my arena but with queues being so short at low rating what are you expecting to accomplish before your queue pops LFG/LFR have queues from 10-30 minutes dropping everything to join them makes a lot more sense than 10-60 second waits for an arena pop.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-06-23 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Or Blizz could just allow us to accept a queue in combat, much like our PvE brothers are allowed to do.
    which usually is 45min + queue, and 30 sec countdown,

id say its justified
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

A lot of the negative feelings for it are because it was very useful to quickly gain conquest. You could spend 5 minutes tanking your rating and then spend the next 60 minutes winning 20+ games in a row.
    Losing more than 50% of your games at high MMR should cause you to accumulate a "shield" of negative CP that you must earn before you can even gain CP for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Losing more than 50% of your games at high MMR should cause you to accumulate a "shield" of negative CP that you must earn before you can even gain CP for gear.
    Why?

People would tank their rating to help others get gear outside of that there isn't really a benefit. Dont get me wrong the increase conquest cap is great but I would like more. Its an uphill battle to start pvping this late in the season and making it more difficult to gain pvp gear is in my opinion extremely stupid. Actual competition starts when everyone is full prideful and while I understand this is an MMO and gear progression is the game we've seen multiple nerfs to pvp gear acquisition and what is the point? Rare spawns are now once a day forcing players to spend 10 to 20 times the amount of time to get honor gear.... Why? People tanked rating to get conquest gear faster. Why not work on getting things in a place so you can do enjoyable things for gear instead of nerfing peoples way of making the less fun gear grind faster.

If the change is more aimed at some high rating win trading or something I take it back. But from what I can tell this is simply to stop players from dropping their ratings quickly to make the gear grind shorter.

This change doesn't fix the problem it breaks the players solution.

Conquest gear should be no more than 13 ilevels superior to honor gear and no more than 26 to crafted gear. (There should be an option to "craft" PvP gear from Timeless tokens.) It's stupid having this gear differential that does nothing other than discourage new players and encourage exploitative play.

In all honesty, this changes NOTHING. People who deboosted before will still deboost, it just adds a minute to every game they deboost. Instead of pressing "Leave queue", you'll enter queue, get in combat then leave.

A really stupid move by Blizzard. People lower their MMR because its far easier/faster to cap at lower ratings - this is because capping at your true rating with 10 minute games and a 50% winrate will take hours and hours to cap 1 character.

So, to fix the problem of capping taking far too long, they've made deboosting mmr a slight inconvenience. Pointless and counter intuitive.

If the change is more aimed at some high rating win trading or something I take it back. But from what I can tell this is simply to stop players from dropping their ratings quickly to make the gear grind shorter.

This change doesn't fix the problem it breaks the players solution.
    When the experienced players suddenly start winning 99% of the matches they play with their newly-tanked MMR, that IS a problem for OTHER players.

This (Deserter debuff for missing a BG queue pop) only applies to rated PVP.

If you're queueing for rated BG's/Arenas with whomever while in combat, that's a you problem.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The Deserter debuff given for leaving a non-rated Battleground early will also be changed to begin at 5 minutes (and increase by 5 minutes for each subsequent desertion), but otherwise the rules will stay the same. Leaving a Random Battleground in progress at any point before it’s finished will give the Deserter debuff, and leaving or ignoring the prompt to enter a non-rated Battleground will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they're finally putting a stop to tanking mmr?
    Last edited by NuLogic; 2014-06-24 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    So there finally putting a stop to tanking mmr?
    That's what they posted.

Personally I think they will hold off as this is a good idea but wrong timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    So there finally putting a stop to tanking mmr?
    It won't stop it, it will just make it slower. Now players will have to accept the queue, wait 1 minute for the game to begin, run to the enemy to get into combat, and then leave. I doubt that this will be a big enough inconvenience for people to stop tanking altogether, especially the ones that tank to very low MMR (like the 300 range) just to curbstomp baddies all day.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-06-24 at 02:52 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It won't stop it, it will just make it slower. Now players will have to accept the queue, wait 1 minute for the game to begin, run to the enemy to get into combat, and then leave. I doubt that this will be a big enough inconvenience for people to stop tanking altogether, especially the ones that tank to very low MMR (like the 300 range) just to curbstomp baddies all day.
    You won't get any queues at all around 300, not even sure how you want to get that low either tbh. Either way, they should have just fixed the conquest cap a long time ago. Didn't you get a nice part of your cap in cata every win? Iirc even when in TBC and Wotlk when you needed to wait for a week to get an item, you were still able to do it in 10 games. While PvP gear should take some effort, I can imagine that people that are 522 geared cannot be bothered with fully geared people in the low brackets. It's easier to cap in 3s or 5s then in 2s nowadays.