Heroic Strike Replacement

Hey guys -

So clearly the decision to remove heroic strike from fury has received a lot of reaction from the community. Let me preface by saying I actually appreciate that a lot of people are reacting to this news in very outspoken ways. It means the warrior community is passionate and want to be heard, which is what we need!

Although I do not entirely agree with the removal of Heroic Strike, I don't believe it would "destroy fury" (We won't worry about the current state of Arms here :P) as some people are indicating. I thought it would be interesting to hear what you guys think would be an interesting way around this, pretending there is no way Blizzard would revert their decision to remove Heroic Strike.

I suggest placing Wildstrike off of the GCD. The main issue would be that it still would be a poor replacement of heroic strike's rage dumping capabilities due to Bloodsurge procs, but I am sure Bloodsurge could also be removed. (Please don't hate me >.< ) Of course, it would also have to be given a 1.5 sec cooldown. Keep in mind that outside of that, everything else would remain the same, including the weapon damage % on it and the application of Mortal Wounds.

Keep in mind they are trying to avoid ADDING more spells, which is why I suggest changing an already existing one.

Let me know what YOU guys think, would love to hear some interesting ideas!
    Last edited by Singitback; 2014-07-01 at 03:15 AM.

Deleted
    Remove bloodsurge, bring back HS, make WS baseline 10/20 rage filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is taking HS away from one spec removing it from the game?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    How is taking HS away from one spec removing it from the game?
    Because arms doesn't have it, fury doesn't have it, and I'm pretty sure prot/glad don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    from one spec
    About that.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Remove bloodsurge, bring back HS, make WS baseline 10/20 rage filler.
    I can appreciate this. But I like to operate under the assumption that Blizzard won't go back on their decision to remove Heroic Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Because arms doesn't have it, fury doesn't have it, and I'm pretty sure prot/glad don't have it.
    Prot/Glad do have it, in fact they have an extremely similar playstyle to Fury which makes it all the more confusing why it was removed from Fury to being with.

@OP; putting WS off the GCD and replacing the filler with WW has been recommended a couple of times.

Question is though, what is the point? If they were going to do that why not just leave HS? There is no effective change (other than passive AOE becomes filler, which could also be done without replacing HS with WS), so I highly doubt that is the direction they will go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Protection does have it. I used it on beta less than an hour ago, and I've seen no mention of it being removed entirely.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-07-01 at 03:40 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Archimtiros,

Apologies, I did try to look through a few posts to see if it had already been recommended (Including your most recent thread on here.) As far as having a point... I suppose the only point is to try to make do with what we still have. Blizzard, as I stated, wants to remove a lot of ability bloat, so I am just offering a suggestion to how we could both come to some sort of an agreement. Although I do wish to have HS in WoD, I am not intent on them returning it to us. Kind of making the best of a bad situation, y'know?

But don't get me wrong! My solution is not the only one, and my whole objective with this thread is to see what else could be done about it!

I understand completely. Its just a shitty situation all around. They want the button gone. Why I have no fucking clue. It works perfectly fine for Glad and they could make it work fine for Fury too, they simply don't want to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Prot/Glad do have it, in fact they have an extremely similar playstyle to Fury which makes it all the more confusing why it was removed from Fury to being with.

@OP; putting WS off the GCD and replacing the filler with WW has been recommended a couple of times.

Question is though, what is the point? If they were going to do that why not just leave HS? There is no effective change (other than passive AOE becomes filler, which could also be done without replacing HS with WS), so I highly doubt that is the direction they will go.

This.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they are using this to really push glad stance, but that may just be the pessimist in me. I can see the WS rotation working but it just feels.... wrong. the .5 sec cd on WS is just to fast even with a mechanical keyboard I find myself meaning to use it twice and still getting 3 or 4 instead because of the way it queues. But like Arch says Glad is VERY Fury'esque. It does seem to be the time to pull the stoppers and throw a full blown tantrum other wise it's a very real possibility that HS removal will make it to live. :/

Not going to be diplomatic in my opinions, there is no reason to be really. I think the Heroic Strike removal from DPS specs is terrible and I don't understand why they want to reinvent the wheel by fixing something that really wasn't broken, they have only gone backwards from what we have in MOP and it just comes across as change for the sake of change.

Fury (more so than arms) needs the Heroic Strike ability to really work well, and from a design point of view the ability was perfect at its job.. It seems now they are trying to replace it by designing something to do the same job. The last thing that really needed addressing with the class design was Heroic Strike. Hopefully the ammount of backlash they have had will make them take the right course of action, which is to re-introduce Heroic Strike to dps specs... Or Fury at the very least.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4