Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For once, I'd like to see PvP suffer because of PvE. Deal with dispellable Black Arrow. PvP has screwed up enough PvE stuff as it is. Just don't play Survival in PvP if it bothers you.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree. Let me get one spec that who cares about PvP but is damn good in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Readiness is a horribly designed ability that causes unnecessary complexity in PvE and balance issues in PvP. I NEVER want to do a BM Readiness opener again. That shit was ridiculous.
    I never want to again myself but this is topic for WoD survival. Readiness could become SURVIVAL ONLY. I understand that Readiness made things too complex in MoP but the "rotation" for survival in WOD seems pretty simple. Adding readiness wouldn't make it really complex maybe for PVP but I don't really care for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    I never want to again myself but this is topic for WoD survival. Readiness could become SURVIVAL ONLY. I understand that Readiness made things too complex in MoP but the "rotation" for survival in WOD seems pretty simple. Adding readiness wouldn't make it really complex maybe for PVP but I don't really care for PvP.
    Pve heroes never care meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroA View Post
    Pve heroes never care meh.
    funny thing is pvp heroes never do either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    What exactly would Readiness reset for SV? Crows, Dire Beast (assuming it's worth taking in WoD. It wasn't in MoP), Stampede?

That's the thing, the only cooldowns we have worth resetting are all talents, and mutually exclusive. It makes little sense to have Readiness *just* for Crows or Stampede. Why not just reduce their cooldowns in that case?

I'm still mourning Bear Trap. Survival is a trap spec, it should have good traps!

Readiness was a shit ability IMO, it's the exact opposite of the design goals anyway - moving away from burst. Not to mention its innate OP nature in PVP. A button that resets other buttons is practically the definition of bloat, charges accomplish that goal much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i can hear a dwarf yelling in the background. (locked and loaded) with irish accent or somthing
    Boy Dwarves would sound weird with Irish accents.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-07-07 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loaded Shell - Hunter fires an unarmed shell at the target, shot covers the target with gunpowerd for the next X seconds. Each explosive shot ignites the powder dealing additional damage and putting a damage over time effect. (DoT's stack).

So it would be a burst, but also the damage would be spread out some due to DoT to not make it too OP.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    - Locked and Loaded: Instantly adds 5 Lock and Load charges (I'm sure you can picture the sound effect for this one!)
    I was going to post this after reading the op, but you posted it well before me.

This would be a fitting cooldown. make it like a 1 minute CD. That way it keeps survivals "sustained damage" feel, and allows you to have an interesting cooldown that isn't super powerful, but isn't rapid fire currently. (hit it and forget it exists)

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Should get something like my Resto Druid has in his ability called Genesis.

Idk if you guys are familiar with it, but when activated, it makes Rejuv on all targets expire like 300% faster or something, has no CD, but costs mana.

It could be an ability that makes all DoTs from the Hunter expire 300% faster, giving us even higher quick AoE bursts (or single target, too)
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunskill View Post
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought it was a neat idea, too

Poison hydra?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about No CD instead some sort of passive named "Ambushed Instincts" if something deals 50% of your max hp in dmg to you gain dps buff of 40% multisrike chance and 20% increased magical damage on an internal 3min CD would be interesting to see in PVP as well haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamaloks View Post
    My Suggestion would be to add a skill that puts a undispellable debuff on the target, after some time, it'll explode, dealing damage equal to some percentage of the damage you did to the enemy during that time. The damage dealt could be over time too, like 3 to 5 secs, to keep the spec flavor.
    Like http://www.torhead.com/ability/fc2Kv...rmal-detonator ? But with a yellow rocket. ('cuz bigger explosion)

Deleted
    Dont even bother with pvp as a hunter in the current state. If you cant heal you have no place in pvp atm on alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    I thought it was a neat idea, too
    Same.

the only other option i would like to see is a CD that uses trap launcher/traps. As survival originally had all the trap buffs in its skill tree.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    the only other option i would like to see is a CD that uses trap launcher/traps. As survival originally had all the trap buffs in its skill tree.
    I was thinking about some sort of satchel charge (deploy in advance, detonate on demand) that could recycle boomkin shroom code. Possibly a glyph to add a stun for PvP/CC utility. I guess it'd be kind of like an AoE bear trap, but with a different mechanic than normal traps and more in line with the spec thematically.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No super trap ideas please. Nothing would piss me off more than placing my big CD trap down, then having an ill timed add spawn and gobble up all the damage instead of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Baristan View Post
    No super trap ideas please. Nothing would piss me off more than placing my big CD trap down, then having an ill timed add spawn and gobble up all the damage instead of the boss.
    Think with your brain, son.

Druids already have protection against this with Wild Mushroom. You lay it and it detonates when you tell it to, not when some random NPC walks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Ah, being an armchair designer. My favorite thing!

I posted these in the thread you referenced on the official forums:

- Loaded for Bear: Consumes all of your LnL charges, causing your next Explosive Shot to deal the combined damage of all consumed charges to the primary target and to all targets within 8 yards (needs mini mushroom cloud graphic for full effect).

- Locked and Loaded: Instantly adds 5 Lock and Load charges (I'm sure you can picture the sound effect for this one!)

- Mamba Bite: Infuses your shots with a fast-acting venom. For the next 15 sec, your Multi-Shots and Arcane Shots apply fast-acting venom, which deals 100% Serpent Sting damage over 5 seconds (aka SrS tick every 1 sec instead of every 3 sec) (should summon snake trap snakes at the target's feet just for fun)

- Imminent Doom (passive): Targets below 20% health suffer from your damage over time effects at 3 times the normal rate.

I swear half of the fun for me is coming up with these names
    I really like this poster's ideas. "Locked and Loaded" seems like a realistic solution for a cool-down. Kind of has an Elemental Shaman's Ascendance feel to it. Spamming Explosive shots during a short period of time for some quick on demand burst. I could also see it going to the extent of:

For the next 6 seconds, your Explosive shot has no CD, and your multishot arrows are infused with Explosive tipped arrows, applying the Explosive shot DoT to all your multishot targets.

Giving you the choice of on demand Single target damage or AoE damage.