Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I really am trying to not be so negative about this expansion.
    I try to keep class balancing in an expansion and content in that expansion strictly seperate. I don't have to be negative about the expansion when it's my class that's the problem, and not the content.

That said, there were posters warning that there would be problems with the mana removal back when they did it, and it was waved away. If it is indeed a problem we'll find out soon enough.

With all this it is actually an advantage that raids open so late. That means Blizz will have ample data & time to make sure all the classes are up to date before things get serious.

O.K. I'll pay attention to content.

Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I remember them saying that the tooltip was too confusing.

That fits with the theme of making Destro a spec for the slow of mind with the addition of CR.

I really am trying to not be so negative about this expansion.
    Frankly I don't give a flying fuck what 'they're seeing' anymore. They were proven to be unreliable dozens of times throughout beta, including nerfing demo by literally 33%.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...95593799655424

I posted my math there.

You can, in fact, prove that shadow burn is a dps loss without the mana refund without even logging in to the game to check.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2014-10-02 at 05:26 AM.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Frankly I don't give a flying fuck what 'they're seeing' anymore. They were proven to be unreliable dozens of times throughout beta, including nerfing demo by literally 33%.
    Every time I see him respond with that BS just reinforces my disgust. If it's not what you're seeing then explain the discrepancy. His "go-fuck-yourself-cause-I'm-a-god" attitude only serves to alienate himself from the player-base that already seems to hold a great amount of disdain for him. Please give us a new twitter rep

Sure would be nice if the servers were up for more than 5 minutes while I'm awake so I could actually test demonology mechanics...

Something seems fishy with the upper bounds on demonbolt. The lower bounds seemed to ~match in the short period i got to test. Can't actually figure out if anything is wrong until blizzard stops taking the servers down for 8 hours every single day .

- - - Updated - - -

Just found a bug where shadowflame was stacking beyond 2. Dropped demo down a health 2k dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Found another bug, grimoire of supremacy wasn't increasing DF generation by 20%.

For those interested, it actually does

floor( base_amount * 1.2 )

So it's actually a range of 12.5% to 20% increase, depending on which pet you look at.

is the 20% DF you speak of due to the pet just being 20% stronger? or does GoSup state it gives Demo 20% more DF?

Quote Originally Posted by NytemareRulez View Post
    is the 20% DF you speak of due to the pet just being 20% stronger? or does GoSup state it gives Demo 20% more DF?
    It doesn't state it anywhere in game, but it does. I should clarify that it increases DF gained FROM PETS.

As an example:

Doomguard doom bolt tooltip reads that it generates 6 DF.
    Terrorguard doom bolt tooltip reads that it generates 7 DF.

This was to compensate for the fact that with grimoire of server, the grimoire pet generates demonic fury while active. So, GoServ averaged out to be the same PET DAMAGE as GoSup, but the extra DF made it the superior choice even before CD stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    It doesn't state it anywhere in game, but it does. I should clarify that it increases DF gained FROM PETS.

As an example:

Doomguard doom bolt tooltip reads that it generates 6 DF.
    Terrorguard doom bolt tooltip reads that it generates 7 DF.

This was to compensate for the fact that with grimoire of server, the grimoire pet generates demonic fury while active. So, GoServ averaged out to be the same PET DAMAGE as GoSup, but the extra DF made it the superior choice even before CD stacking.
    Didn't know GoSev pet can give you DF, I just starting to relearn Demo, and been trying to figure out which one to pick GoSup or GoSer. So is GoSup suppose to be better or equal to GoServ?

It depends on the fight and how you can utilize CD stacking especially with say add packs. The difference is a lot less than it was before since they actually evened out the fury generation but it's basically Synergy if you like the proc but DPS can swing wildly if you aren't playing well or things don't line up very well. Service if you know timing of things and like to line up it's CD for burst or on demand fury. Supremacy for sustained and safe consistent DPS. At least that's how I feel and see them all working.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...PostPatch.html

Was Demo doing that well before yesterday's patch ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...PostPatch.html

Was Demo doing that well before yesterday's patch ?
    They buffed the majority of demos damage by 20%, and demonbolt by 10%. I can replicate simc damage in game, doing more in-depth testing as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    It depends on the fight and how you can utilize CD stacking especially with say add packs. The difference is a lot less than it was before since they actually evened out the fury generation but it's basically Synergy if you like the proc but DPS can swing wildly if you aren't playing well or things don't line up very well. Service if you know timing of things and like to line up it's CD for burst or on demand fury. Supremacy for sustained and safe consistent DPS. At least that's how I feel and see them all working.
    Pretty much. Synergy is higher risk but higher reward, Service shines with exposed phases or burst AoE, and Supremacy for respectable consistent output but no real "advantages."
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Pretty much. Synergy is higher risk but higher reward, Service shines with exposed phases or burst AoE, and Supremacy for respectable consistent output but no real "advantages."
    Most fights in Highmaul do not have extensive AoE phases so I see Synergy being the go-to.

Seeing Demo Sim weights back with Multistrike below crit like I expected... Anyone else getting otherwise? Just using the default profiles tho.

Int 1.00
    SP 0.89
    Haste 0.58
    Mastery 0.51
    Crit 0.50
    MS 0.49
    Vers 0.45

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Demo Sim weights back with Multistrike below crit like I expected... Anyone else getting otherwise? Just using the default profiles tho.

Int 1.00
    SP 0.89
    Haste 0.58
    Mastery 0.51
    Crit 0.50
    MS 0.49
    Vers 0.45
    Simcraft stats are kinda "iffy" for me. For example it prioritized Haste over Mastery when I understand why it would for faster Demonbolt debuff, faster dots, but Mastery is a flat increase to Demonbolt which is your main ability, going to have to game test those coefficients to get more concrete data for stat coefficients.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Glyph of Life Pact implemented? I see that it is found by the Sim, but the mana costs remain unchanged.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    Is Glyph of Life Pact implemented? I see that it is found by the Sim, but the mana costs remain unchanged.
    I don't think it is, it's not stated in the glyphs for the sim.

Int 1.00
    SP 0.89
    Haste 0.58
    Mastery 0.51
    Crit 0.50
    MS 0.49
    Vers 0.45
    I was seeing this too. It has something to do with the set bonus' because if you don't take those into account you see mastery > crit >= multi > vers > haste. Prob something to do with the 2 piece I think, it might be overvaluing the corruption ticks, for extra HoG's. Though that might be big enough to warrant stacking haste for those procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    I was seeing this too. It has something to do with the set bonus' because if you don't take those into account you see mastery > crit >= multi > vers > haste. Prob something to do with the 2 piece I think, it might be overvaluing the corruption ticks, for extra HoG's. Though that might be big enough to warrant stacking haste for those procs.
    Just seems weird to value Haste > Mastery, when beta comes back up I'm gonna try to do some napkin math for haste percent = X demonbolt debuff (in seconds) and all that jazz, maybe even Doom too so we can get a better reading.

Deleted
    Well on Live, Haste is > Mastery in terms of pure Single Target, so it isn't exactly shocking to see it remain strong. I had thought it would devalue somewhat with the removal of snapshotting, but I guess we'll see.