Thread: "Demonbolt"

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Demonbolt"

Before anyone goes off the handle let me come out and say that as far as the "first world problems" go, this has to rank in top three, but still..."Demonbolt" - Couldn't there have been a better - snazzier - name for this one of the ultimate attacks in a Warlock's arsenal? That said, just in shower moments ago it struck me and I was thinking...and frankly I couldn't come up with a better name for it - then again, it's not my job, is it? - but if you could, what would you rename it to?

Obligatory-inb4: "Pwnbolt", "ur face", "OP is a fag", "Something-brony-related", "OP can't inb4", etc. etc.

Taking the bait.

DEMONBOLT.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Had potential to be interesting but turned into just another OP-bolt' :|

Deleted
    Well, technically it's a reference to the Demonbolt spell that Demonology was meant to have in Cataclysm before being reworked into Hand of Gul'dan, so technically it got a better name anyway :P

Despite that.. Demonic Bolt? Demonic Surge? I'm trying to think of something that sounds like Dark Apotheosis but can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Well, technically it's a reference to the Demonbolt spell that Demonology was meant to have in Cataclysm before being reworked into Hand of Gul'dan, so technically it got a better name anyway :P
    Nobody even remembers this so hats off to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Nobody even remembers this so hats off to you.
    Fun fact, in Warcraft 3, Archimonde's spell "Finger of Death" has an effect animation that is called "DemonBoltImpact". So maybe Demonbolt was in the game before it was released but it was reworked?

7+ Year Old Account
    It'll have a new name soon, "nerfbat-bait bolt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reliefpfeiler View Post
    Fun fact, in Warcraft 3, Archimonde's spell "Finger of Death" has an effect animation that is called "DemonBoltImpact". So maybe Demonbolt was in the game before it was released but it was reworked?
    Woah. Another awesome Warlock tidbit. Amazing. Simply perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    'Had potential to be interesting but turned into just another OP-bolt' :|
    This. It went from something that could have been interesting and became just Demonology's Chaos Bolt of backloaded boringness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Woah. Another awesome Warlock tidbit. Amazing. Simply perfection.
    Maybe if you use Demonbolt on Archimonde he'll say something (similar to Shade of Aran <-> Atiesh and Well of Eternity Illidan <-> Blades of Azzinoth)? "That was MY spell!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reliefpfeiler View Post
    Maybe if you use Demonbolt on Archimonde he'll say something (similar to Shade of Aran <-> Atiesh and Well of Eternity Illidan <-> Blades of Azzinoth)? "That was MY spell!"
    You should make a threat with all these little Warlock-y facts. I would be a damn hawk on that thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usainbolt
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    what annoys me about it is the fact that it doesn't look demonic at all. no green fire no nothing, it's a purple ball with red fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what annoys me about it is the fact that it doesn't look demonic at all. no green fire no nothing, it's a purple ball with red fire

Doesn't it change to green if you have the Codex? Anyway, I personally like it. It's a blending of Shadow and Flame, just like Demonology's "hat" was before Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Doesn't it change to green if you have the Codex? Anyway, I personally like it. It's a blending of Shadow and Flame, just like Demonology's "hat" was before Cata.
    I don't believe so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    If you pay attention to the Green Fire quest story, the "green" of demons ISN'T "natural", but a result of the Demons feeding off of "fel" energy (which may be Sarg's magic that he has his demon army feed off of)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Taking the bait.

DEMONBOLT.
    This guy's got the right idea. Just make it all caps, that would be delightfully silly.

Honestly if you go more back to what suits each spec live chaosbolt from destro really should still be called soulfire. Thus making demo's uber nuke chaosbolt. I feel like that is the "right way to do it" fix but will not happen. Especially since chaosbolt doesn't do nifty stuff like go through AMS, cloak of shadows, etc like ToC/Chaoswave do. As much as I hated the rube Goldberg dps machine of cata warlocks killing cloaked/ams'd people through their I-win buttons was just fulfilling in a way hard to explain to non warlocks. TLDR to me it makes sense destro's big nuke is a big arse ball of fire and demo's special nuke is this chaos dragon's head thing.

Deleted
    'What chaos wave should have been'

Bolt of DOOOOMMMMM! ... uhum, had to be said.