Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I had some person acting all arrogant when pointing out my incorrect Rabid usage on an IJ parse but you don't see me crying about it.

The Internet is a cesspool of dumbfucks, deal with it.
    I tend to try to filter out the dumbfucks as much as possible.

How about we all act like adults and discuss things civilly? Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. In high end gear, BM sims better. If you play SV better than you play BM, you'll probably pull better numbers with SV than BM, BM isn't far enough ahead to be better even when you're bad at it. And with good RNG, which exists in both specs, both specs can compete with each other. These are facts, the rest of it is y'all arguing like children.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Azortharion, I was only pointing out progression point of views, I see you killed garrosh hc before you killed siegecrafter of klaxi and somehow all those dates seem weird so I doubt you ever did hard part of progress this tier. I might be wrong, you are exceptional player nowadays anyone denying that is a fool, but how much exp you really have about progression.

Hunter often are those guys who has to do the shitjobs, soaking fixate on protectors (bm favors this boss no matter what], soaking orbs and killing/stunning adds on norushen while melee went to turret mode on boss, killing the big adds at sha of pride (ofc not alone, but pet loses a lot of uptime when doing this), killing tower grunts at galakras and doing tower (pet movement between add waves and tower grunt, do I have to say? Takes sometimes forever from pet to come down after tower), nothing shitty jobs at ij/dark shamans, bm beast cleave was god like in opener on shamans. Nazgrim, reseting adds like most ppl did when boss wasn't on farm. Boss is tanked 60yards away from adds spawns. BM? Hell no. Malkorok beast cleave is very nice on adds. Spoils of pandaria both specs had cons, bm losing damage when killing sparks while sv can't get decent uptime for black arrow. Thok, beast cleave is amazing for bats, but most guilds had kite phase lasting forever during progress, so pet didn't get decent uptime on boss. Siegecrafter BM was the man on belts. Klaxi both spec were quite equal, only shitty job was soaking aims and there bm was better, but then again bosses move so fast sometimes that pet lost lots of uptime. Garrosh I'd say BM was better at 25man while sv was shining at 10man because of 1st transmission. In 25man all packs have one group nuking them down and beast cleave is owning there, but in 10man survival spreading serpent stings to all 5 packs is very handy, since in 10man raid groups often had trouble beating the time to garroshs 25 energy.

All in all, BM is better when pulling max deeps, but survival is equal to BM when you arent tunnel visioning.
    My experience pertaining to progression is irrelevant (but indeed, pretty much non-existent). The things I mentioned, however, and like everything else, is no differnet today than it was for progression, except for the difficulty of it/the number tuning. The logistics, so to speak, of doing it remains entirely the same.

1) Pets did/do -not- lose significant uptime on the Norushen adds, nor the Sha of Pride adds, because any BM hunter with any decent idea of what they are doing are playing with Blink Strikes. I am not sure about the exact timer for the Manifestation spawns, but I'm fairly sure it is over 20 seconds, which is the ICD of Blink Strikes.

The only downtime your pet suffers in the Sha of Pride example (the uptime being practically non-existent on something like Norushen) is the time it takes it to get within 30 yards of the Manifestation, which, depending on how swiftly they are picked is anywhere from 2 to maybe 5 seconds, and in that time you'll still have managed to put some damage into it with Arcane Shot/whatever.

The exact same thing applies to the tower grunt, really, and come on, it's not that hard to call your pet to Passive 2 second before the grunt spawns so you can be on it immediately. If you're doing tower dedicated, you can dismiss before you head down. BM will still be much better on this boss because of its AoE potential. Upstairs as well as downstairs.

Nazgrim is a reasonable argument, but even that depended on your tac. Some guilds (25m at least) had the boss tanked where the boss spawns which is mostly standard today, on 25m at least).

First argument applies to Sparks as well, mostly. Depending on what you opened and in what order, and how long it took you to kill X and Y before moving on to the next thing, 70% of the time you pet would be in Blink Strikes or KC-charge range. Either works. Blink Strikes will likely be on ICD for a lot of the Sparks, but KC picks up that.

Thok is another reasonable argument, but on progress, the bats were a DPS check that BM helped significantly with, so you can speak for either spec here.

Garrosh I can't speak much for on 10-man so you win, there.

Having said all of that yourself, it just seems like a strange conclusion to me to say that SV is equal to BM in any case of not tunnel visioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    This thread made my day

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Not much of a loss really. First time I went in there I had some snotty nosed individual trying to flash his "degree in languages" in my face and pretty much attempting to rub me up the wrong way because I was having a nice conversation with another person in the chat. Pretty toxic to say the least, but these forums aren't exactly what you would call 'friendly' either in recent times.
    "I met a weird guy on the bus today, so I'm boycotting busses now."

... Same logic. Thought it was funny.

Deleted
    "I met a weird guy on the bus today, so I'm boycotting busses now."

... Same logic. Thought it was funny.
    What? lmao. It's not the same logic at all. A bus isn't a community. You don't go on a bus to chat with people about something you all enjoy. You go on it as a necessity to get to work. A more accurate example would be going to a youth club, but some people were being hostile to you. You wouldn't really feel like going back now would you. But yep, continue to try and be a smart ass about everything. When you're a few years older you might actually cringe at some of the posts you make here sometimes.

It is the same logic in the sense that you're boycotting something based on one negative experience.

It's interesting that you'd draw a youth club in for an example but making that comparison just goes to show how offended (read: mad) people can get over the Internet.

Keep me on btag I'll let you know when I cringe.

Deleted
    It is the same logic in the sense that you're boycotting something based on one negative experience.

It's interesting that you'd draw a youth club in for an example but making that comparison just goes to show how offended (read: mad) people can get over the Internet.

Keep me on btag I'll let you know when I cringe.
    I'm gonna stop trying to reason with you, because I know your a young kid and everybody goes through the stage of building up an ego over online games at some point before they actually grow up a little.

Deleted
    The difference is, doing something that isn't a necessity and then having a bad experience, most likely you won't do that again, but in your case of taking a bus which usually is a necessity you have usually not a choice but to overlook that and just keep using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The difference is, doing something that isn't a necessity and then having a bad experience, most likely you won't do that again, but in your case of taking a bus which usually is a necessity you have usually not a choice but to overlook that and just keep using it.
    Why are you trying to argue with him, the mans a bag full of life experiences I'm sure he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Deleted
    Why are you trying to argue with him, the mans a bag full of life experiences I'm sure he knows exactly what he's talking about.
    I just want a higher post count!

TIL your age means you're wrong even when you're right because some people can't stand being told off on the Internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Busses are not necessarily a necessity and the logic would still apply; it's stupid.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-07-17 at 11:38 PM.

Cut off the personality spats.

Deleted
    But you're not right about this example. Your actually completely wrong, and the fact you think your right either makes you stubborn or quite inexperienced in those kind of situations outside of a game.

But sorry, Azortharion 'best' hunter to ever grace Azeroth can't be incorrect about anything because he has pie charts to back it up.

Deleted
    Busses are not necessarily a necessity and the logic would still apply; it's stupid.
    Uhm, no.

"Hm I gotta get to work/school/cinemas/zoo/hospital/etc, but I'm boycotting busses because someone was rude to me yesterday"

compared to...

"Hm I could go on to a chat and talk to people about hunters but someone was rude to me so I think I wont"

See the difference?

Uhm, no.

"Hm I gotta get to work/school/cinemas/zoo/hospital/etc, but I'm boycotting busses because someone was rude to me yesterday"

compared to...

"Hm I could go on to a chat and talk to people about hunters but someone was rude to me so I think I wont"

See the difference?
    Work/school/hospital = necessities.

Cinemas/Zoos/Hunter chats = not necessities.

You're just expanding the main point of the argument (busses) into more specific examples grasping at straws to be correct. It doesn't work like that.

Even if you were right, it's still petty.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're not right about this example. Your actually completely wrong, and the fact you think your right either makes you stubborn or quite inexperienced in those kind of situations outside of a game.

But sorry, Azortharion 'best' hunter to ever grace Azeroth can't be incorrect about anything because he has pie charts to back it up.
    What, busses, youth clubs or hunter chats?

I don't really care enough to whine about it, much less boycot it.

Deleted
    Work/school/hospital = necessities.

Cinemas/Zoos/Hunter chats = not necessities.

You're just expanding the main point of the argument (busses) into more specific examples grasping at straws to be correct. It doesn't work like that.

Even if you were right, it's still petty.
    Cinemas/zoos are not a necessity, but the BUS is if you wanna get there.

Hunter chat is not a necessity unless you want to chat with people.

Deleted
    I was wrong but you're all petty.

-Azor 2014

Deleted
    Oh and not using something because you don't want to isn't boycotting.

Cinemas/zoos are not a necessity, but the BUS is if you wanna get there.
    No, it's not. There are other ways of public/non-public transport. It is the entire reason why the example was so specific.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and not using something because you don't want to isn't boycotting.
    True, I used it for a lack of a better word.

"Ragequitting" fits better.