10+ Year Old Account

double DK 2s. good idea?

My friend and i both play death knights. specifically frost death knights. we figured we wanted to mess around and try out some 2v2 ladder pvp but i'm kind of new to pvp so i don't know if it will work. so, is 2 DKs viable as a team, is 2 frost dks worth doing if it is, and if not then what spec combo would work better?
    thanks!
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

go double blood dk bro. people love this.

Deleted
    at lvl 70, easy 2.2k rating

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played arena, I went unholy. This was before they nerfed BP for unholy in arena, but go figure. Two DK's can be fine (you'll go up against plenty of dual-dps groups) but remember you'll be overlapping in what little CC DK's have to offer - namely stun. It might be better, if you want two dps, to pick something else like a lock or spriest for fears/roots.

When I was doing random 2s on oQueue I went with a double DK comp a few times. Double Unholy works way better, as if one (or both) of you are frost, that person is going to get tunneled down very quickly.

Unholy performs a lot better in arenas at level 90.

As mentioned before, a Lock/Priest or a Hunter would be way better though.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the feedback guys! so from what im getting, double frost will either have to kill really quickly or get destroyed and that there is a lot of overlapping CC spells. So what if i go blood, and he goes frost. that would let me keep control of the situation a little easier (and by that i mean without dying lol) while he can kill them. maybe? or if im going to do tank dps would prot warrior be a better pick?
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

Having 1 of you go Blood and other Frost would be even worse than doing double Frost. Again, if you want to do this decently, you both should be going Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    Having 1 of you go Blood and other Frost would be even worse than doing double Frost. Again, if you want to do this decently, you both should be going Unholy.
    ^ seconded. If you have to do double DK's, Double unholy DKS is the best way to go about it for the extra control your pet offers and all that necrotic strike spam.

It would be OK, but personally I like Frost and Unholy combo. Unholy and Unholy works pretty good too.