Poll: Do you prefer the look of T17 or Quest sets?

Does anyone prefer the questing gear over tier?

Having a look at all the T17 gear, the only set I like is the T17 paladin purple variation. But I think all of the questing sets look pretty badass. The tier gear just feels majorly over-the-top while the quest sets feel more at home in a primal/savage expansion theme.

I have no idea why, but I get this feeling in my stomach that even the people who say they like the quest gear better are still gonna use their t17 mog.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I'll use neither.
    This, WoD set are a huge improvement over pandaland ones but are still ugly
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

While leveling, I'll be using whatever is available to me without transmog. Immersion is important. When I'm max level? Whatever floats my boat at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I have no idea why, but I get this feeling in my stomach that even the people who say they like the quest gear better are still gonna use their t17 mog.
    I mean honestly on characters that have it ill run my challenge mode xmog. But thats it.

Idk if I'll use it for mog at 100 but I think the questing gear looks pretty badass

Out of 14 90s that I currently mog:

4 use old tier sets: DK Tier 12N, Druid Tier 11N, Monk (Rogue Tier 9 Horde), and Mage Tier 15 LFR.
    3 use Tier recolors from other sources: Two Rogues using Tier 2 Rogue Blue iteration from BC and Shaman red PVP recolor of Black Temple set.
    And the remaining 7 use quest gear or dungeon blues: 2 warriors using a mixture of Mop healing plate blues and level 88 vendor gear, Hunter using Jade Forest set, Lock using Jade Forest set, DK using Hyjal set, Priest using pink colored blues from Cata dungeons, and a Paladin using the Mop tanking blues.

Overall it's a mixed bag for me. The tier sets I use aren't obscenely complicated or ridiculous looking sets, like a lot of tier sets are. A lot of times it really comes down to if it looks right on the character for me. When it comes down to it, you are going to see your character more than anyone else will. It's important that you enjoy how they look, not others.

Deleted
    I prefer neither questing or tier gear. I prefer this.

So simple yet so brilliant.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That mail set is the best looking set i've seen in a while.
    I would like monk t17 a lot more if I could turn the shoulders off and I like the way the quest gear looks. Might mix them.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for priest raid gear that looks priestly and holy. Can't stand their recent designs (past several expansions).
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favorite "sets" is lvl 80-83 Cata plate. Leveling gear, but it's not overly gaudy and looks like real armor. Total fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post

WOW that is fucking badass. Didn't see that set... is it crafted PVP gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    WOW that is fucking badass. Didn't see that set... is it crafted PVP gear?
    On the beta it's the 660 epic pvp gear. Primal Gladiator. I do not know if it's crafted or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Idk if I'll use it for mog at 100 but I think the questing gear looks pretty badass
    I was noticing that too. It looks surprisingly good.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2014-07-08 at 11:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a great mog for my current character, so unless the new armor blows me away, I probably will be transmogging out of it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I don't see what's so eyeroll inducing about that.

1. Tier gear has prestige associated with it. Even if you don't personally think it does, blizzard clearly does since they are making mythic tier AND LFR gear look different.
    2. Looking exactly like everyone else around you is boring even without any prestige, rarity, or difficulty involved in obtaining the transmog
    3. Something you put effort into naturally is more appealing than something you didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The mail set that someone linked is also possibly the dungeon set for mail users.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=236594/w...ordungeon-mail

IMO, looks like the best set they've made throughout both MoP and WoD so far. They fail to realize people don't need dragons-breath and demon-horns dominating their sets, they just need something practical AND amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post

This is a great set, I wish they would make the tier gear a lot more subtle without making it so large.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    One of my favorite "sets" is lvl 80-83 Cata plate. Leveling gear, but it's not overly gaudy and looks like real armor. Total fan!
    This... I have the Gateshattering Battleplate set on my female BElf DK right now http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1298

Not bulky, lots of detail, and looks great with a red haired BElf chick

I just got a Fel Iron Greatsword to go with it http://www.wowhead.com/item=23499
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-07-08 at 08:17 PM.