Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin View Post
    I'm really anxious about this situation and would appreciate you sharing your experiences with people leaving your guild and vice-versa.
    Tell them truth and give them some time to find a replacement. If they have a replacement, then great, you leave and they continue.

I personally find it a rude that a core member just leave without warning to join another guild.

Deleted
    "it has been nice to raid with you guys, we had fun and such, but now it is time for me to move on." or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel like they are going to get upset about it, I don't think that they deserve notice.

I have a difficult time leaving guilds because I will stay and contribute until I can't take it anymore. I took an indefinite break from the game in November because I didn't feel that our raid team was working well together.

I'd get tired of logging in every raid night just to have people start bickering and playing blame games over being called out on being shit and I really just wanted to play Final Fantasy XIV. I dreaded logging in, I didn't care about looking up strategies for fights, my performance got worse because of my lack of enthusiasm and it just got to a point where I felt like I was hurting the team more than I was helping them so I sent my GM an ingame mail telling them I was quitting and didn't log back into the game until about February.

The GM in question is actually a pretty cool guy, but with the atmosphere we had in that guild at that time I could tell everyone was frustrated and I just didn't want to deal with the upset of a setback. Dude had been pushing so hard to start heroics so soon and I felt like there were so many people who weren't ready when we were having problems killing Thok and Garrosh every week.

Every night I just wanted to log out as soon as raids were done and do something else.

It's nice to give notice but whatever

Normally in a situation like this I just say I've found greener pastures, say my goodbyes, whisper the people you actually enjoyed for a friend request (if you already haven't) and leave. You're going to have people when you leave who are more then likely going to talk bad about you leaving when you do leave, that's just the reality of it.

When I used to run a guild and people would leave I wouldn't be bugged by it. I would always tell people if they weren't happy with the guild or found a guild that accomplished more that it was their $15 a month and they need to enjoy the game as they deem fit.

When something like this has happened to me ive messaged the guild leader on the guild forums explained the situation, wished them the best of luck and said my goodbyes!

Post on the forum, useally thats a decent way.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Tbh, these days saying goodbye then leaving is just about enough, speak with the Guild leader before actually saying goodbye to the rest.

We've had folk, some of them members for several months, up and transfer with no goodbye or warning so I've come to accept that some people just don't give a toss - If the same has happened to your current guild before, your Guild leader will appreciate you just giving a warning.
    Explain to him you're looking for something with a bit more progress pace and found somewhere on the same realm. Nobody can argue with the truth and if the leader isn't happy with that, well, that's his problem.

Say you love them, but this is just not going to work. It is best for both of you, you and the guild if you part ways now. You wish them happiness, and hope they find someone who will really deserves them, as you are really do not fit. Also, you found another guild and are happy. Maybe you could still stay friends. :P

Otherwise, what Littlepwny said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Say that your leaving because the nabs in the guild are slowing you down, then raid the guild bank, insult the guild leader and /gquit.
    That's what I do anyway.

Deleted
    So... I ended up not being able to be sincere. Told the gl my life situation has changed and that I'm quitting in a couple of weeks, but will hang around until a new healer is found. After ten days they had found an adequate replacement and I logged in at 3AM the night after and gquit. New name, new race, new transmog. Big realm, so hopefully they won't find out it's me. I really wanted to tell them the truth, but my confrontation anxiety got the better of me.

So... I ended up not being able to be sincere. Told the gl my life situation has changed and that I'm quitting in a couple of weeks, but will hang around until a new healer is found. After ten days they had found an adequate replacement and I logged in at 3AM the night after and gquit. New name, new race, new transmog. Big realm, so hopefully they won't find out it's me. I really wanted to tell them the truth, but my confrontation anxiety got the better of me.
    Hm. If any of them had you on their friend list under your old name, you will remain on their friend list under the new name, and any "Friend Notes" they've added will remain, so it may be easy to identify you. It's very possible you'll be found out, I'm sorry to say. This might come back and bite you in the ass. Good luck.

hopefully you remembered to drop any battle tags.

Hm. If any of them had you on their friend list under your old name, you will remain on their friend list under the new name, and any "Friend Notes" they've added will remain. It's very possible you'll be found out, I'm sorry to say. This might come back and bite you in the ass. Good luck.

It's possible this has changed, but things have definitely worked this way in the past. I've been able to keep track of ninja looters this way, for example, even if they change their name.

"Fuck this shit, I'm out." /gquit

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you applied on another guild before leaving your current group, as you said you already left and transfered without saying anything on presious occasion(s) and you don't want to come off as a douche?

I've always left a good sized forum post explaining the situation, you can exaggerate it a little bit if your only reason is 'YOU GUYS SUCK' - Just say that their raid hours suit you more or something etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    LOL I did that and took aaall of the enchants and sold them on the AH XD
    you're a scumbag, kill yourself.

Even if you disagree with another user's actions, this kind of conduct is inappropriate on these forums.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-07-29 at 09:29 PM.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

my confrontation anxiety
    Thats just a euphemism for "I lack a pair"

Seriously, you're too scared to have an honest conversation with people? Thats beyond weak, its pathetic. You'll go a lot further in life if you confront problems constructively. "I'm looking for better progress in a guild" is neutral and inoffensive. "lol l2p noobs I'm out of here" isn't. It's not hard to say the former and it leaves the impression that you are honest and straight forward. Now you just look like a spineless liar.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats just a euphemism for "I lack a pair"

Seriously, you're too scared to have an honest conversation with people? Thats beyond weak, its pathetic. You'll go a lot further in life if you confront problems constructively. "I'm looking for better progress in a guild" is neutral and inoffensive. "lol l2p noobs I'm out of here" isn't. It's not hard to say the former and it leaves the impression that you are honest and straight forward. Now you just look like a spineless liar.
    Not really. Anxiety disorders are actually a thing, and it has nothing to do with "growing a pair." Nice pep talk though, so now instead of just experiencing anxiety which they can't help, a person that experiences anxiety in that situation can also feel defective because they were abused for it. Heh.