Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    great new model... the tentacles on his neck are odd-colored though... doesnt match the face, its too light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Them tendrils and tail ring be ORANGE dawg. Supes orange bray

Oh I get it... they aren't space goats, they are some kind of Klingon / Cephalopod / Satyr hybrid... wait... um... no, no i dont get it.

Looks great but where's his neck??

They bleach their tentacles to make them look bigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Much more detail but it's still a male draenei and they still annoy the crap outta me lol

I'm pretty satisfied with the new models so far, but...

This one just gets my goat.

There's something wrong with the arms, but I'm not sure what it is. I don't know if they're too straight or if they hover outwards too much. The tendrils are off-color (maybe just a skin color bug) and still seem boxy, and he tendril and tail rings are super plain.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 2014 and they still lazily painted the tentacle rings onto the skin instead of making them actual objects like they did for other races..
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Draenei are pretty core to Draenor, and trolls are not. What did you expect?
    Troll raid in the middle of Draenor, obviously.

I mean, there was a troll raid in the middle (technically off the NW corner) of Pandaria, so why not an alternate universe alien planet?

OT: Yeah, looks much better in all regards except for the nondescript facial appendages. They do not properly quiver with anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Tentacles definitely need more work, don't match in color or quality, look really odd being so stiff with the much higher detail facial animations.
    Agreed 100%

Argh! I was hoping for the daughter of the Darkspear instead the squid faces....

Much improvement over the old model but yes, dem face tentacles. Here's hoping they get a bit more ironed out and cohesive looking.

Crossing my fingers that the troll and belf revamps turn out awesome.

I like the draenei. People complain about how long or disproportionate the arms are and such, but if you look at both models side-by-side, they are about the same length. Infact, the muscles on the old one look like playdough.

Also, another contributing factor tot he slightly off posture is the fact the new draenei's shoulders aren't as freakishly broad.

Deleted
    Oh god, can we please stop getting the same "news" over and over again each week?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I think this image should put to rest that nasty rumor that the new face tentacles are just the old face tentacles glued on to the new model.

That aside, WTB his neck back D:

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I think this image should put to rest that nasty rumor that the new face tentacles are just the old face tentacles glued on to the new model.

That aside, WTB his neck back D:
    The hair really needs reworked, it looks super patchy. Then the rings on the face tentacles.. How are these not geometry? Good rings are 30-50 polys x 8 rings = 400 polys - That seems very in budget. Hell even shitty 15 poly rings would do better than the painted on look there currently is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way my Draenei looks after the update, but I wonder if the lines on the eyes are final.

Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-07-11 at 01:31 AM.

the new Male draenei models have been in for two builds now. >.>

Those tentacles absolutely ruin the model, completely different colour and look cheap and dated on an otherwise excellent looking model texture wise.