Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this what the PUG community has come to?

Hello! Today I was the victim of what I like to call a "horrible person that shouldn't be allowed to play this game".

I started this weeks reset by looking on Openraid for a decent SoO Heroic PUG. I found a raid that said they were going to do 11+ so i signed up for it.
    Roughly 5 min before the raid was about to start someone (Note: NOT the leader) wrote in the comments that the raid was canceled because the leader decided to do a 10-man Heroic run with his guild.

Kind of a let down because i was looking forward to the raid, but this is only the beginning of my awesome raid night.

I now start looking in the Openraid chat for a group. And i find one decent group that were going for 8+ heroic. Not the best i could find but most items i wanted was from these bosses so sure, i join them.

I get invited, help the leader fill the group and off we go! W

We kill Immerseus on the first try, very smooth. Loot drops that i need. The following happens in the next 5 seconds.

I get kicked, ask the leader why. He says his friend wants in and then instantly removes me from Btag... Yea, he gets me saved on the first boss. So now i cant do heroic this week. Because his friend wants in. And to top everything off, The loot that dropped, the loot that i WON the roll on. Kicks me before he gives it out so i don't get it.

How can you be this much of an asshole? Do you even think before you act? Why not just kick me BEFORE the boss so i DONT get saved so i can join ANOTHER raid.

Note: My guild is on a summer break, thats why i try to join PUG's but i dont see a reason to anymore if you can just get kicked whenever the leader feels like.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look for groups, make them yourself, its the only solution.

But yes that was very dickish of the raid leader, but that's life I'm afraid all you can do is move on.

Openraid heroic runs are a cesspit of nonsense. High risk low reward most of the time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well first off, try using OQueue as well, or just listing your self in other raids under flex with note saying heroic or whatever. Many times i get saved 1 or 2 bosses in and the bad group splits up. Only to pick up with another group that day, or another during that lockout.

But yeah, its to that point and will continue to get much much worse. With blizzard adding their own version of OQueue to the game in WoD the pug groups will be much more widespread cross realm wise. Once people get off their own realm they care a whole lot less about other people. Back when you could only raid on your own realm groups were usually much better off. Ninja looters would get shamed to no end and ignored by many, making it harder for them to repeat their actions. Also finding replacements for people was quite a bit harder back then, so they were more likely to stick it out with what they had.

I too had a bad experience this week in a xrealm pug. Was a normal run, group was starting at shaman. I go in and for some reason i neglected to ask for loot rules(which i always do). We down the trash and then the boss easy enough. some leather piece and the caster trink drops. raid leader calls for roll on the leather piece and someone wins it, and is handed the piece. Then the raid leader loots the trinket, makes someone else raid leader, laughs and leaves the group. Of course since i neglected to ask for loot rules im SOL on getting anything done by blizzard.

Not played since that, and have to say i just dont feel the desire to play at all at this point. Oh well.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's really shitty. I'm sorry. This is one of the reasons a lot of people like to be casual, because if they aren't in a decent guild that raids they have to worry about this sort of BS.

thats why i never pug with people not 14/14 hc they are generally shit, looking to get carried, and often completely loot whores.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oqueue is just as bad. I was kicked during a heroic Magaera in TOT while being top damage done. I was the third to die when some mage kited the blue beam over me instead of blinking the other way. We wiped seconds after. Pugging is like flipping a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    Once people get off their own realm they care a whole lot less about other people. Back when you could only raid on your own realm groups were usually much better off. Ninja looters would get shamed to no end and ignored by many, making it harder for them to repeat their actions. Also finding replacements for people was quite a bit harder back then, so they were more likely to stick it out with what they had.
    So true. Back then you did not get away as easy with doing stuff like this. There should be a better way to inform others about ppl like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could always ticket a GM and see if they can reset it for you.

So one bad experience and you somehow take it to represent the pug community?

Thats plain silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkie View Post
    Don't look for groups, make them yourself, its the only solution.
    Sooo everyone should make their own groups? That's impossible, that means everyone would have to solo stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are incidents and threads about this sort of thing nearly every week so I'm always surprised when someone is surprised. I doubt that there's a lot that you can do honestly. Unless you have something from the raid leader in chat promising you a full run and I'm not even sure that that would change anything. Anyway, write it off, remember the experience, think about starting your own groups, and don't let one person and one incident represent how you feel about the entire PUG community.

OpenRaid started off well but current comments about it are mixed at best. It's stuff like this that has led Blizzard into the personal loot method for Flex.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Open Raid *chat* raids are same as trade chat.. from what I've seen, but with my very limited experience doing pugs with Open Raids lately out of boredom, I had a pretty good experience, but then again, I limit myself to 25 man raids.

Just make sure to put your feedback on that person's open raid profile. That is probably the most important thing you can do.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There are incidents and threads about this sort of thing nearly every week so I'm always surprised when someone is surprised. I doubt that there's a lot that you can do honestly. Unless you have something from the raid leader in chat promising you a full run and I'm not even sure that that would change anything. Anyway, write it off, remember the experience, think about starting your own groups, and don't let one person and one incident represent how you feel about the entire PUG community.

OpenRaid started off well but current comments about it are mixed at best. It's stuff like this that has led Blizzard into the personal loot method for Flex.
    pretty much this. when we get something nice it starts out that way then blizz has to fix it because we screwed it up. very dickish move on his part :| super lame I would of went for a person slacking not the person that helped me make the raid.

You're not locked into the full raid are you? Isn't the new system where you can come back where you left off with a new group as long as it's not at or before a boss you've killed? So if you have Immerseus down, you're only saved to Immerseus and not the rest of SoO

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP should try this and then let us know what happens. I'm curious to see if they would actually do that. Maybe they would just release the ID so you could join a group at protectors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    You're not locked into the full raid are you? Isn't the new system where you can come back where you left off with a new group as long as it's not at or before a boss you've killed? So if you have Immerseus down, you're only saved to Immerseus and not the rest of SoO
    That's how normal works. Heroic is different. You get locked to a specific raid ID so you can only join a run where the raid leader has the same ID. Only other option is to start your own group and find people that aren't saved at all to a heroic ID.

Edit: for example, say I join a 10man heroic. After we kill the first boss everyone gets a specific lock ID, let's use 1234 for the example. Now for the entire week I can only raid heroic with people that have the ID 1234 or no ID at all. If I get kicked after immerseus though I can't go join any other group cause their ID won't be the same as mine, it would be something else like an ID of 5678. I can start my own group but everyone i invite would have to have a fresh lockout or else they would have a different ID than me and wouldn't be able to join. Also you can't switch between 10 and 25 with heroic lockouts. The last option would be just to run normal.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-07-10 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Should do this. Or ask about the loot that you "won."

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Should do this. Or ask about the loot that you "won."
    The only way they would award any loot was if the WoW roll system was used and he zoned out prior to getting the item. If it is a /roll they won't do anything.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Blizzard always having to try and fix what the community ruins.

Power Corrupts.
    Give players too much power and this can happen.
    That is why LFR without someone in charge has been such a boon for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a key role, most likely a tank.

NOBODY in their right mind kicks a good tank.