Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zixten View Post
    This right here is why there arent so many tanks in WOW. If dps just let the tank get a chance to do his part we will have even more tanks. Just because you can solo the instance you have no right to take away the role that tanks have. Learn your role instead of being a idiot because you can solo it.

I would also try to kick you on my tank if you did the same thing as you say you did. Its not only you in a group. There are 4 more ppl that also wants to have fun, not just you. You are the reason i dont use LFD on my tanks. I run fast but have no chance against some classses to be first to the mobs. i guess you use blink on CD only so you can pull more. That is not a fun experience for a tank.

So Learn you role and give the tank a chance to even start pull.
    At the start of an expansion? Yes, sure you are a vital and necessary thing
    Midway through an expansion? Still needed, a well-geared group might not require you but for the most part nobody's gonna go soloing things
    In the last few months of an expansion? Yeah no, your useless. My lock can solo dungeons, the rest of you are warm bodies I need to get valor and we all want the same thing. To smash it and go home

Is it impatient? yes it is, but the simple fact is I can do you job better then you in this particular situation. So sit down, shut up and be a good piece of luggage
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I've only been kicked once. Was in late Cata, Well of Eternity. First boss dropped an Off-Hand, which I won; then the other guys (who were a premade) started demanding that I gave it to their Mage. I refused, and got kicked. Still got my upgrade, unlike their stupid Mage

Best things to do in LFR as paladin:
    Hand of Salvation on tank
    Hand of Protection on tank
    Hand of Protection on best melee dps (bonus points for bloodlust timing)

Not LFR but hilarious: Hand of Salvation on tank during Oondasta's Frill Blast.

Deleted
    People are not always rational, especially when they are already doing irrational things.

I've been kicked, because I did half of the dungeon solo, because they wanted to enjoy the slow pace, see no problem with that, but thing is if you have the tool and use it before more conventional solutions, it's kinda wrong (you know like using the chat).

I have not seen many kicks though, ignoring AFK people I can't remember more than few votes and that is including those early cataclysm runs, where you did not just faceroll through dungeons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Hand of Protection on best melee dps (bonus points for bloodlust timing)
    I had a shadow priest life grip my ret paladin away from the boss in the middle of the Twins in Throne LFR, solely so he could be highest DPS. That was actually mildly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The modern MMO gamer ladies and gentlemen
    The modern douchebag ladies and gentlemen. I don't say stupid and rude shit on my way out. I don't cause problems and I do my job. I'll wipe all day, every day with a group of people on progression content but I'm not going to sit there while other people purposely ignore mechanics and afk.

I got kicked once for calling the mage 'stupid' after i got tired of him pulling half the instance (deliberately) and then expecting me to pick it all up without a problem on my warrior tank.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remembered another one.

Mid/Late TBC my druid was a reasonably geared tank, almost full t4 (missing helm) with a boe tank staff my friend snagged for me from Coilfang, and for the most part I was the that 'guy' on a few friends list for pugging Gruul or Mag late at night. We get done with a Mag pug and there was someone looking for a tank for the daily heroic, which was Mechanar. Ironically at this point as a tank I never did that instance (I healed it on my shaman and knew it well) and well how hard could it be? I chat with the person looking for the tank and offered my services and was invited. As I flew to Tempest Keep I chatted with the party and told them that I was an experienced tank but had not done the instance before as a tank. Apparently that set off a red flag and they must have started to discuss me in their guild chat. I zone in and ask for lead to use my very fun Raid Mark add-on and I get a message from the lead that they had a friend log on and did not need my services and kicked me from the party.

After I was ported from the instance a whisper popped up from a friend of mine asking if I was saved to Karazhan. He needed a tank for a fresh run and since I was not busy I joined up. Damn I was glad I did for it one of the best raids I had ever had. A few wipes, great healers, people laughing and having a good time in vent, and hell I finally got the helm token off of Prince Mal. Midway though the run, a break we took around Curator, I happened to check the /who on Mechanar and noticed that in the 1 hour I spent in Kara that party was still in the heroic dungeon. At chess, which was about 40 min later, they were still IN Mechanar.

TL;DR
    Got kicked from a heroic TBC dungeon and went to have fun in Kara while they floundered for 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    For refusing to heal a warrior who called me a retard, for casting mass resurrection when two people died.

I'm not even sorry, it made me smile.

Anyone got any funny stories about getting booted from an instance?
    That wasn't funny. Was the warrior a tank by any chance? Because that might be why you got kicked lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I accepted my LFR queue, got teleported on top of raid boss which wiped the raid and ended up being kicked for ninja pulling.

I got kicked many many times, and i left groups many many times couse they anoyed me. Usually im really elitish and i expect everyone to play good and do everything like clockwork.

First rule is pull it, tank it. Second rule is i know the instances like noone else, i lead. Third rule is no AFK, eating, brb, toilet... if you join a fucking instance then don't waste 4-24 other mans time. It's fine if you don't know the boss mechanics, go and die somewhere, i'll res you, but don't wipe us becouse you try to be smart. Do not blame others for your faults, i have like 10 addons to prove how crap and stupid you are and im not afraid to use them. If you don't know something im happy to explain it to you... once... if you still keep failing you are a retard. Don't ever try to tell me you know better, couze i did everything when it was content, leveled up 18 alts, have 3 580+main and no one's e-dick is bigger than my (it's a fact, try to live with it)! I don't care about loot, but if i say that's not good for you, then IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU AND PASS IT TO SOMEONE ELSE, OR I'LL RAPE YOU, GOT IT?! If i can bring food/potions/flask then you can too.. at least use the timless isle flask. If you have to do something (like killing the enginer) then do it, stop complaining, noone cares about your dps loss, everyone else just want to kill the f boss finally!

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    That wasn't funny. Was the warrior a tank by any chance? Because that might be why you got kicked lol
    No, he was a DPS that was doing less DPS than me (disc priest). We had a druid tank that was still wearing level 70 items in Vortex Pinnacle, he was rather tough to heal. I didn't let this warrior die, just let him stay on low health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well with 500% threat it is pretty hard these days to lose threat in the first place. In my heroic tanking gear no one can pull off of me and if I tank dungeons on my frost gear (even higher - 577) only Heroic WF people can pull of me anyway. So threat has been a bit of a non-issue. Never mind that dungeons these days are so disgustingly easy due to be tuned for 430 when most people are running around in 530 - 580.
    We did a Scarlet something run and all 3 of us DPS (elemental, boomkin, warrior) were at 560-570 ilevel, tank was nearly fresh 90 and was trying his hardest to LOS pull and be a good tank. I felt bad for him since it seemed like he was learning and trying to do everything "the right way" but... each of us DPS would light up groups by ourselves with 0 threat of taking real damage. Healer was a 550 ilevel disc, so nothing was getting through the bubbles. I normally have no probably being patient in a dungeon, cuz not everyone is experienced or geared.

I got kicked from a TFP in SWTOR over the weekend cuz "my life was too low", basically saying that I didn't heal between pulls, so one of the DPS with healing spells felt like it was his responsibility to heal me. I'm shadow tank, i have some self healing (in combat) and... it's a tactical. I have CDs, I'm well geared (168 across the board) and it was only KDY. If I want to pull at 60%, and I die? my bad. We aren't wiping. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GenericShaman View Post
    I happened to check the /who on Mechanar and noticed that in the 1 hour I spent in Kara that party was still in the heroic dungeon. At chess, which was about 40 min later, they were still IN Mechanar.
    But... Mech was the EASIEST of the BC heroics... I don't even...

Deleted
    I got kicked on Garrosh Flex for "you weren't doing things at times, just auto attack"...

I was a DK in less than full flex... My runes were used and I had no runic power... No shit I was auto attacking.
    Not all classes are GCD capped. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I got kicked on Garrosh Flex for "you weren't doing things at times, just auto attack"...

I was a DK in less than full flex... My runes were used and I had no runic power... No shit I was auto attacking.
    Not all classes are GCD capped. :<
    So you were undergeared and not contributing to the fight? How is that not a perfectly valid reason to kick you?

I got kicked in an Onyxia raid once for low gearscore on my druid. GS was such a stupid and generally inaccurate addon, and the fact that an outside mod had such a big effect on raiding and it's requirements pissed me off enough already. When i was kicked the countdown til teleport started, so i quickly leeroy'd Onyxia and it killed atleast half of the pug. I remember seeing so many people at the graveyard with me, cursing me out in whisper. It was hilarious and satisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    So you were undergeared and not contributing to the fight? How is that not a perfectly valid reason to kick you?
    Not being in full Flex and doing Garrosh in Flex is not what I (or hopefully most everyone else) would call "undergeared." I can see if he didn't have *any* Flex gear that might be a problem, but people have set the barrier pretty high for Flex is killing Garrosh in Flex required full Flex gear itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I got kicked in an Onyxia raid once for low gearscore on my druid. GS was such a stupid and generally inaccurate addon, and the fact that an outside mod had such a big effect on raiding and it's requirements pissed me off enough already. When i was kicked the countdown til teleport started, so i quickly leeroy'd Onyxia and it killed atleast half of the pug. I remember seeing so many people at the graveyard with me, cursing me out in whisper. It was hilarious and satisfying.
    I'm usually really against trolling and revenge of most any kind but ... I would have been upset but laughing my ass off if I was in that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not being in full Flex and doing Garrosh in Flex is not what I (or hopefully most everyone else) would call "undergeared." I can see if he didn't have *any* Flex gear that might be a problem, but people have set the barrier pretty high for Flex is killing Garrosh in Flex required full Flex gear itself.
    LF1M Flex RDPS 587ilvl+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm 543 and I still have some "dead" areas.

I met their gear requirements, I got kicked for being a class.

Don't remember getting kicked from any 5mans. Have gotten kicked from LFR multiple times because I tab out for 30-40 sec waiting for the extremely slow Tanks to pull something. Then instead of pulling, they proceed to ready-check and INSTANTLY kick anyone who doesn't respond. Every time this happened I was also the top Dps. Better do the pulling myself in the future, instead of waiting for retard Tanks I guess...

you pull it, you tank it
    This saying was relevant back in TBC, when trash mobs could twoshot any nontanks, and when ninjapulls were likely to wipe the grp. Any tanks sticking to that method from WotLK and onwards, are simply stuck in the past, and are not doing their jobs. I don't rememember a Dps ever pulling before me when tanking 5mans on my Tank alts. If the Dps is pulling before you, it's most likely because you are going waaaaay too slow.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-07-17 at 08:51 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory