Poll: Would you still play WoW or prevent yourself from playing

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wouldn't change a thing no. Met awesome people, had fantastic guildmeets, made many friends, improved many things about myself and learned a lot, and ofc achieved a lot in game as well, and most importantly; met the love of my life. So no, I have had an awesome time during my years playing WoW, and I have enjoyed it and had fun.

Deleted
    I wouldn't change a thing. WoW was never my first,second or even fifth priority.

I've never let WoW get in the way of doing things in the real world. Made sure raid nights were on days I normally don't do anything (like a tuesday night) and made sure my raid leads knew when I was going to make it because there was other things I felt like doing. WoW's given me thousands of hours of entertainment at far below what it costs to do other things; but it's never once gotten in the way of the rest of my life.

No, because it wouldn't have changed my life at all. I would only have been playing a different game. I never said no to a friend due to raiding, mostly because I don't raid and I don't have any friends (thankfully).

ps. There's no 'of' in 'would have'.

Deleted
    Yes, I wouldn't of lost the majority of my friends then.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, interesting question...lets trade the 14.99 + expansions + server transfers/faction changes/ a few store bought mounts.. thats the cash I spent plus add in the friends and memories created which are invaluable for what I would spend at a bar, ball game, weekend in Vegas...hmm I think i come out ahead playing WoW.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Nah. I enjoyed my time with the game when it was good.

Regret nothing. Learned so much from it over the years.

There's no question that I was badly addicted to WoW in my earlier days of playing it (much better game/life balance now) but I still don't think I'd go back and change it. I met a lot of people through the game and had a lot of fun with it. I'm definitely happier with the balance I have in my life now, much more healthy.

maybe. i never really thought of it.

i was very shy in my early teens, since i got bullied through 3-9'th grade. i played wow to escape the real life, because i hated it. there wasn't anything there for me to do.

but after public school, i started working as a blacksmith. Because i played so much WoW when i didn't work, i didn't even notice how my body and apearence had changed. I was no longer the semi-fat, zit filled child i was in school. I had gotten a muscular body, my face had gotten clean (mainly because i used to drown my tears in chocolate when i went to school, stopped that after the bullying stopped). One day when i was 17, one of my only 2 real friends asked me if i wanted to go to a party. I said no, but he kept going on about it, and since i wasn't raiding that day, i took the chance.

at that party i met some very cool people. I knew none of them except for my friend, who introduced me to them. And then i met a girl. She was so beautifull, and i fell in love with her, but i was too shy to say it. (what guy who have been in his room for the past 5 years doesn't want that pretty girl?).

She kept staring at me for an hour, while i was sitting there, drinking a little without saying much. Then she came and sat on the floor right infront of my chair, like i wasn't even there. Untill she looked up at me and smiled, i still remember the feeling creeping through my body to this day. i can't remember what happened, but before i knew it, i was sitting with her in my arms, and we spend almost every day in the next couple of weeks together... untill i went to an other party without her.

at this party, witch my 2.nd real friend invited me to, because there was a girl he liked there... that girl fell in love with me the moment i stept inside the door. She spend the entire evening asking me if she could kiss me, while my friend was sitting right next to me. I kept telling her no - but i was drunk, and eventually i found myself laying on a bean-bag chair, with her on top of me, kissing me for what felt like an hour, before i finaly realised what was going on, and i left the party.

not knowing what to do with these two girls, i just went with the flow. The first one.. well, when she heard i was a virgin, she gave me a BJ... was really awkward, and i didn't really know how to react when she just did it, so i don't remember it as being that great... however, only three days later, i had sex with the 2.nd girl.... it was a sensation beyond what i had ever tried before, and within a week we were a couple...

well, things didn't quiet go as planed after that. I believe i was with her for around 3 month before we split, and within a year, i had just dumped my 4'th girlfriend (excluding 1 night stands), starting on the 5'th... who i have now been with on-off for about 3 years. dated 3-4 girls in those years during our few 1-2 week breaks, but i believe i am over that shock state where i had to try all the things i hadn't because i played too much when i was a teen.

TL.DR: if i could, i would probably back time so i could, not stop playing, but cut down, so i could enjoy my teens a bit more, getting it out of my system earlier.
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2014-07-13 at 06:48 PM.

mmm, would I have spent my time on other games, homework? yea, I would "like" to change that but w/e. WoW never got in the way of my social life, didn't let it.

No, honestly, i don't think i would. Its gien me thousands of hours of entertainment, and i've met alot of nice people there. As for escaping reality thing, sure but i most likely would've been doing something else, probably much worse lol.

Nope met my best real life friends because of WoW.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

yes i was a little shit and played too much wow maybe without wow i would of given up on gaming earlier and worked harder at life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 20 years old, turning 21 in January and the first game I ever played was Warcraft II back when I was coming up to my 4th birthday. I've played this franchise my entire life, I don't think I'd trade it for the world. It's definitely been a great escape from everything tedious and cumbersome in life.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't change a thing. The time I've spent gaming in WoW would have gone to other games that in my opinion are just not as awesome.

Even though the game has its ups and downs, it is still one of the best games of all time.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    LOL, How sad.
    It's just a question. I'm not saying I turned everything down just to play the game. I'm saying what if you not going out to the beach that day prevented you from meeting someone. Its a simple question not a reflection of my life. People that play WoW typically spend a fair amount of time on it especially back in the vanilla/TBC days if you wanted to be a raider and wanted to see end game content unlike today where everything is fed to you on a silver platter via 4 difficulties.
    Maybe instead of raiding 4-5 nights a week you would of gone to the gym instead or come across something or someone that could of made your life turn out differently then it has. Some actors were found out simply because they were in the right place at the right time.
    I know it's hard to ask the WoW community to NOT be toxic but please keep it civil- no need to come on here to say "pathetic" or "how sad" and blow it out of proportion.

Deleted
    No,definitely not. I got a lot of enjoyment from WoW especially in the old guild. I would,however,go back in time and stop myself from buying/playing MoP. It was a waste of money (Collector's Edition,ironically) since I quit a few months after that.

Deleted
    I would prevent myself for WoW.

I was 19 when i started playing, i failed my school after that point.
    I have lost alot of friends, my body became sloppy.

atm 10 years later i am not playing wow alot anymore, i am back at school next to my job (that sucks but pays the rent), back in the gym and spending alot more time with friends.
    In my opinion i have waisted alot of time for useless pixels on a screen.

From now on i only play games for fun (casual) and not for stats increases or group efferts when nothing comes from it anymore.

I would still play, the people I used to hang out with took a turn for the worse and ditched me because being friends with someone who plays WoW was not cool to their peers they have since then became unemployed bums and teen-parents with drug problems. Suffice to say I am quite happy that I made the decision to play WoW rather than to hang out with them.