Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Hunters were able to solo bosses from BWL, I can't find the video right now, i'll do it later.
    Yes, the first boss because the mechanics of that boss was fu*ked up.
    But it would take them 100000 tries before they did it, was all about luck...

But what after that boss? Hunter won't even be enable to kill the next mob.
    And it was also fixed so that it would be impossible to do again

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    5.2 M? ok thats -> Charge - Mortal Strike - Blood bath and a bladestorm... then i just wait

573 is more than enough.

and warlocks/hunters kill those with 21M with ease...
    Ok, that's still more than one bladestorm. Even then, those are meant to be killed solo, Blizz said so themselves when they implemented the mobs. And yes, locks and hunters can take the Warbringers. So can every tank spec. Not sure what your point is. You still have to know what you're doing somewhat to be able to take them on alone and you need some gear if you're a lock or hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you think most soloing takes place? Because the mechanics don't account for someone fighting it alone. A lot of the time a person doesn't have to worry about the worst mechanics because the boss never uses them on a tank. I'd say that's mechanics fucking up. However, again, it doesn't hurt anything because it's always a past tier so it's content that doesn't matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fragk View Post
    It's kind of hard to know which is which here.

Does WoW feel easier because its more known? Or is it because it's flat out easier?
    Hard to say.

Also, I still miss attunements. Vanilla and BC's attunements were the best tools to know your future co-raiders.
    I dunno attunments always felt like unnecessary road blocks. As a person who did the ubrs key attunement back I wish I could have just done the damn dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

In Vanilla, not even using recklessness would help killing a elite, you'd almost use ALL CDS notional your 40sec cooldown bladestorm :/ (yeah its 40 on my warrior due to trinkets and such)

I said bladestorm tho, not all CDS for elites right now...I helped guildies farm Shao Hao rep, I killed 10 of those cows in timeless isle solo... With some abuse of course, by standing at the fireplace... No big deal...

There is even a MONK who soloed Horridon.... How about that? Is this seriously supposed to be legit? I mean glhf soloing Ragnaros in lvl 60... Or any of the bosses in ZG (20 man) heck go try a non heroic lvl 60 dungeon in Vanilla, u can't even solo that...
    What about the rogue in bc who solod patchwerk ?

IIRC they were able to solo the 3 black drakes, so that's like half the bosses.

I am just trying to say that the game wasn't better back them, it was new, we were all discovering it so it seemed difficult. Nowadays veterans like us aren't challenged by leveling or normal dungeons, that's why there are heroic raids and that's what I do.

- - - Updated - - -

And also the 5 man group that killed Gruul, tanked by a Rogue. Can you do that nowadays ? Nope.

If the spark is being lost, quit WoW and do something else for a year or two. When you come back WoW will be fun again.

Burnout is nature's way of getting you to try new things.

Oh wow, that's a great t-shirt quote.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    If the spark is being lost, quit WoW and do something else for a year or two. When you come back WoW will be fun again.

Nah too reasonable. Why take responsibility for your lack of excitement in a videogame when you could project it onto the entire playerbase and expect the entire game itself to change according to your outdated standards?!

According to the OP, this is a much more sensible course of action.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post

sorry but it wasn't fun "again"... i quit several times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    IIRC they were able to solo the 3 black drakes, so that's like half the bosses.

I am just trying to say that the game wasn't better back them, it was new, we were all discovering it so it seemed difficult. Nowadays veterans like us aren't challenged by leveling or normal dungeons, that's why there are heroic raids and that's what I do.

- - - Updated - - -

And also the 5 man group that killed Gruul, tanked by a Rogue. Can you do that nowadays ? Nope.
    5 man grp? plz someone just soloed Horridon O.o i bet u could go there 5 man with a rogue as tank NP

Deleted
    Snowflake tears.

So delicious.

sorry but it wasn't fun "again"... i quit several times

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry. *sigh* Nobody cares if you play WoW or not. I was trying to be helpful. How about the next time you think of WoW you sing that Frozen song?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5 man grp? plz someone just soloed Horridon O.o i bet u could go there 5 man with a rogue as tank NP
    So, the fact that a hunter could solo half the boss of Black Wing Lair (Razorgore + 3 black drakes), a 40 man raid that a very low percentage of the players so while it was current doesn't impress you.

But that one tank can kill the first 2 bosses of a 10 man raid with a huge advantage in gear impresses you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Yeah, the game's shit. That's why it still has 7+ million subs.

I wish people would stop slurring their opinions as though they are fact...
    McDonald's isn't the best restaurant despite 60 million people eating there daily.

player count isn't indicative of good content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Snowflake tears.

So delicious.
    Atleast we are snowflakes. You are just noname casual what will never achive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Ok, that's still more than one bladestorm. Even then, those are meant to be killed solo, Blizz said so themselves when they implemented the mobs. And yes, locks and hunters can take the Warbringers. So can every tank spec. Not sure what your point is. You still have to know what you're doing somewhat to be able to take them on alone and you need some gear if you're a lock or hunter.
    I solo them on a shadow priest. (The big ones, not the little ones) Gear > skill in my case!

Tbh I have a hard time respecting the opinion of people who like the current game. If you like this watered down streamlined console like shell of WoW, it's hard for me to take anything you have to say seriously. It's telling me you value efficiency and ease over quality. It also tells me you're either new, uninformed, or a virus to video games. Not to say you can't like some aspects of it, but if you think the current model is superior then just *puke*. Go play CoD.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-07-31 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's telling me you value efficiency and ease over quality.
    How are efficiency and quality related in any way? You don't trade off one for the other.

Quality is about encounter design, lore, writing, artwork and the like. Efficiency is about stuff like summoning stones & cross-realm raiding. They are not in any way related to one another.

As for ease - the current game is far more difficult than any prior expansion. Period. The only thing that made old raids seem more difficult was a) no cross-realm raiding, so you were forced to play with the sub-par players on your server b) far less tools and information available so most people played their classes poorly.

Heroic Garrosh is, absolutely, without a doubt, the most difficult content that has ever existed in the game.

It also tells me you're either new, uninformed, or a virus to video games. Not to say you can't like some aspects of it, but if you think the current model is superior then just *puke*. Go play CoD.
    Pass.

Current Wow is the best it's ever been. I'll stick with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for ease - the current game is far more difficult than any prior expansion. Period. The only thing that made old raids seem more difficult was a) no cross-realm raiding, so you were forced to play with the sub-par players on your server b) far less tools and information available so most people played their classes poorly.
    While i agree about garrosh hc, no. Not the current game is far more difficult. A small part of it is. Everything else is dumbed down. 5 mans, leveling, outdoor pve content, farming, gold making, 3 of 4 raid modes etc. are loughable.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Tbh I have a hard time respecting the opinion of people who like the current game. If you like this watered down streamlined console like shell of WoW, it's hard for me to take anything you have to say seriously. It's telling me you value efficiency and ease over quality. It also tells me you're either new, uninformed, or a virus to video games. Not to say you can't like some aspects of it, but if you think the current model is superior then just *puke*. Go play CoD.
    The contempt is mutual. And for the life of me I can't figure out how anyone with a modicum of intelligence thinks "go play CoD" is an actual point. Is CoD a fantasy based third person persistent world game with nearly three dozen unique specs to choose from? No? Then come up with a less facepalm-worthy comeback than CoD.

Deleted
    Wow is nowdays just a Dungeon crawler. there is nothing else to do than sit somewhere and Que into everything. I cant understand how ppl enjoy this.
    Pls tell me a positive sides of this.

If your gripe list is honestly that long, then no the spark won't come back.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    Wow is nowdays just a Dungeon crawler. there is nothing else to do than sit somewhere and Que into everything. I cant understand how ppl enjoy this.
    Pls tell me a positive sides of this.
    Yea if only the game had pet battles, rep grinds, rares to find, mats to grind, mounts to obtain, opposite faction to kill, achievements and thousands of quests with lore attached.

It's a shame theres fuck all like that in game and all we can do is hit the "queue" button.

**Since some people are apparently that stupid I feel compelled to add that my post may contain sarcasm.