Thread: Guild Dilemma

Deleted

Guild Dilemma

Okay so I'll make this short, I am a tank in a raid team that has recently left a huge, established guild, to form their own small guild based around their 10m raid team. I want to dps in WoD rather than tank, the team has agreed to let me do that no probs. The team is a 14/14 normal who is struggling to recruit to fill its team with raiders capable to progress into heroic. The huge guild which I am still in (for now) has 2 other heroic teams, one of them is 9/14Hc, and are recruiting people for WoD. The other is 14/14Hc, who are not recruiting.

The dilemma is should I go with my team into a fresh, small guild that may crumble in a matter of months, but I will definitely be raiding for the forseeable future, or should I stay in the large guild in the hopes that I can make it into the team for WoD, and if so should I stay as a tank, which tbh I no longer enjoy but have logs to show I'm a good tank, or roll to dps with no logs and no data backing me up?

- - - Updated - - -

I also enjoy chatting to people in my raid team, while i dont speak to anyone else in guild atm, but I would like to raid at a higher level than my team is currently

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could tell you what to do. Personally I'm all about that family feeling and prefer to raid with those that I have fun with rather than just for progression.

No one can answer this for you. You have to decide what matters to you more.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Yeah I agree with that, but what would be the options if the guild were to crumble after a few months as I imagine many do?

I would love to move on with them but I've been in a similar situation before, with the guild falling apart quite quickly.

There's also the very real possibility that I may not be good enough to join the larger guilds raiding teams.

Really unfortunate that these kind of decisions have to be made to enjoy yourself in a game :<

Be whatever role; join whatever guild; that your going to enjoy in the long run. If you feel right at home and comfortable in your guild, stay there, and if you wanna DPS, all you have to do is just speak up. While there may be only a couple other tanks in the guild, perhaps some of the other players would like to try their hand at heroic tanking, and you could easily give them that chance.

On the other hand, you could run with the other team you've become acquainted with and see how their organization, community and structure is. If you like it, you can join.

Just do what you feel will be the best for you.

If it were me I'd stay in the larger guild. I'd also talk to the GM and say that I no longer want to tank and I'd like to DPS and see if we can work out some sort of agreement (I.e. no raiding til I get geared up on my own or something)

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by Lordvulk View Post
    Yeah I agree with that, but what would be the options if the guild were to crumble after a few months as I imagine many do?

I would love to move on with them but I've been in a similar situation before, with the guild falling apart quite quickly.

There's also the very real possibility that I may not be good enough to join the larger guilds raiding teams.

Really unfortunate that these kind of decisions have to be made to enjoy yourself in a game :<
    It's actually quite easy to tell within a couple weeks of being within a guild whether or not it will stand: whether or not the leader takes charge and mails everyone times, informs people of the rules, clears up arguments before they explode, mediates disputes and such; and whether or not he allows his guild members to loudmouth each other into leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It's actually quite easy to tell within a couple weeks of being within a guild whether or not it will stand: whether or not the leader takes charge and mails everyone times, informs people of the rules, clears up arguments before they explode, mediates disputes and such; and whether or not he allows his guild members to loudmouth each other into leaving.
    I will probably do that then, wait and see how the guild is after a few weeks then take it from there. My RL is giving me some time to think about it so for the short term I guess I can wait and see how they hold up?

The problem is though, there are only like 8 guild members in this new guild, so it would be pretty hard to judge it like that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lordvulk View Post
    I will probably do that then, wait and see how the guild is after a few weeks then take it from there. My RL is giving me some time to think about it so for the short term I guess I can wait and see how they hold up?

The problem is though, there are only like 8 guild members in this new guild, so it would be pretty hard to judge it like that :/
    How about this: Stay in your guild for now, keep in contact with the other team, and join them as a 'guest' raider during their first few raid nights. Keep an eye on the chat - see how things happen.