Will the capital city debacle be what delays WoD till 2015? Or something else?

Ashran seems like it has a lot of potential, but when combined with the faction "capitals" (backwater quest hubs that can only ASPIRE to the greatness of Stonard), not so much.

Will the universal hatred of this decision force Blizzard to back off and return to the original plan of Karabor and Bladespire as faction capitals?

Or will Blizzard just not give a shit and push this turd out in November/December?

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Or will Blizzard just not give a shit and push this turd out in November/December?
    This.

Because of the pre sales that are advertising a 2014 release. Would be chaos and poor business for them to delay it more.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran seems like it has a lot of potential, but when combined with the faction "capitals" (backwater quest hubs that can only ASPIRE to the greatness of Stonard), not so much.

Will the universal hatred of this decision force Blizzard to back off and return to the original plan of Karabor and Bladespire as faction capitals?

I think they are pushing so hard a vein is bulging in their forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by selrah View Post
    I think they are pushing so hard a vein is bulging in their forehead.
    One does get the impression that Blizzard is tired of being, what, 15 months pregnant or whatever.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One does get the impression that Blizzard is tired of being, what, 15 months pregnant or whatever.
    The problem I think is that some players want WPVP (seems to be the vocal minority) so Blizz try to give them WPVP by putting the main faction hubs on / near Ashran to encourage WPVP unfortunately there are probably a bigger number of players who don't want a bar of WPVP..

And are rightly so kicking up a stink about being shoehorned / forced / whatever into PVP whether they like it or not which as I see is a bad move by Blizz.. The main problem I think with WPVP is there is no incentive to do it unlike Arena and BG's where there is something to work towards..

But in the end will see what happens and hopefully Blizz will go back to the original cities idea (though I some how doubt they will)..

Getting the game out in 2014 is probably the primary factor in the faction hub change. Easier for them to just copy/paste garrison buildings to Ashran and label it a hub than it is to complete Karabor.

Finishing Karabor would probably push the game release back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The problem I think is that some players want WPVP (seems to be the vocal minority) so Blizz try to give them WPVP by putting the main faction hubs on / near Ashran to encourage WPVP unfortunately there are probably a bigger number of players who don't want a bar of WPVP..
    As far as world PvP is concerned, if all max-level players were more or less on an even footing REGARDLESS OF GEAR I and I think many people would find it much more interesting.

I don't have any problem with people who do nothing but PvP be required to participate in a gear grind in order to function in dedicated PvP, because, they all seem to be okay with that, and the gear grind for dedicated PvPers is quick. But, fuck it, gear disparity has become such a problem in "ordinary" random BGs and world PvP that, fuck it, I am not going to grind a single goddamn point of honor or conquest to participate in any world PvP of any kind. Ever. I don't have any interest in that shit; I don't have any interest in playing welfare 2s for any reason at all.

Blizzard needs to get its head out of its ass regarding gear disparity in "casual" PvP and basically make everyone who is participating in world or random BG PvP identical gear-wise. (Including scaling down arena- and raid-geared toons.)

Now, Tol Barad was hugely fucked up when Cata released, and the Christmas/New Years "super honor bonus/win trading" fiasco was one of the stupidest things Blizzard has ever unleashed on its customers. Yet, a while later, Tol Barad became reasonably balanced. (Much more, for sure, than Wintergrasp EVER was.) So I do have some vague confidence in Blizzard's ability to balance a world PvP area. (Vague.)

But placing low-grade primary quest hubs right next to a PvP area that will allow bored groups of the other faction to spill over and wander through killing quest NPCs and the like, I mean, I do have some world PvP achieves left to accomplish, but when the other faction locks down my city out of sheer numbers, what I want to do is log off, not fight harder.