Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hm sylvanas and varian look retarded, but all in all I think they look pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    lol always one apologist
    It's true though, you can't hold up made up characters to real human proportions.

But seriously, Velen's exactly the same in his. Why poor Velen, why.

10+ Year Old Account
    While they don't look absolutely mind blowing, let's please not make this another gigantic issue and cry about how Blizz just doesn't care about the game anymore or something like we did with faction city placements. There are MUCH bigger fish to fry. Lowest priority right here. But I agree it should be on the list of things to look at if they have the time.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Look at Varian's eyes and Sylvannas' face.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...NKINGDOMS3.jpg

Her face.

Look at her face.

Oh god Varian's proportions.

His wrists are bigger than his entire head.
    rob liefeld, thats who.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    rob liefeld, thats who.
    Wait is it really him? That would explain everything
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Deleted
    why is only brann depicted on that image btw? shouldn't all three dwarven leaders be on that image?

Deleted
    Velen and Sylvanas are the ones that differ from the rest. While the Velen image is almost 8 years old, (guess they don't want to make a new one), and went for sex appeal with Sylvanas, I wish they could have taken other illustrations.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's supposed to be all stylised and comic booky.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    lol always one apologist
    lol always one who ignores facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Velen and Sylvanas are the ones that differ from the rest. While the Velen image is almost 8 years old, (guess they don't want to make a new one), and went for sex appeal with Sylvanas, I wish they could have taken other illustrations.
    They haven't used him to have a new image I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's supposed to be all stylised and comic booky.
    A cell-shaded WoW with that artstyle would look totally awesome

I'm OK with comic booky art in the loading screens, just not any that looks like it was done by a Rob Liefeld understudy. So goofy, but it's just a loading screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    I'm OK with comic booky art in the loading screens, just not any that looks like it was done by a Rob Liefeld understudy. So goofy, but it's just a loading screen.
    100% agreed. This is still the most hilarious one from him:

Deleted
    That'd be Ludo Lullabi's bs art style with anime flavor, I fucking hate it.

Have you seen the Goblin image? That one made me lol

I think Varian is okay...

Sylvanas though...what happened? Mekkatorque looks more intimidating than her.

I'd like to finally have 1920 x 1080 loading screens without some big ass black stripes on both left and right.

Deleted
    Why is Thrall even in the Kalimdor loading screen? It's supposed to be the faction leaders, and Thrall gave up on being a warchief and a leader when he went green jeezus mode.

Ew, don't like it. Why do they suddenly go for a different comic book style for Eastern Kingdoms? Kalimdor doesn't have it nor do the new Draenor lands. Especially hate how Sylvanas and Varian look. Looks really out of place if you ask me.

lol always one apologist
    I love Ludo Lullabi's work. These images are all from the official leader stories posted on the website from the last couple years. Funny how professional artists who make lots and lots of money and have the respect of others disagree with you all, they must just be cutting corner though, right? Exaggerated proportions, oh no, the artist must not actually know how what anatomy is, it can't be a stylistic choice, right?

You can actually tell when it's used to hide an ignorance of form or used to show they actually understand the mechanics of anatomy, and Lullabi knows exactly what they are doing. In a way it's a celebration of form and anatomical mechanics merged with emotional impact and just the artist clearly having a good time, and that energy resonates in his forms and line work.

The laughter is in the claim of someone being an apologist here.

Apologist my ass.

You want to see shitty Warcraft art? Look at the artist who replaced Lullabi after he stopped doing interior comic work and only did the covers. A good example of someone drawing to fill up space and meet a deadline who hides ignorance of form under complicated detail. I should know, it's been a bad habit of my very own.

As for art being reused for the loading screen, it's for the majority ALWAYS been that way. WTF are people smoking here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    rob liefeld, thats who.
    Bullshit equivocation. Leifield doesn't know what he's doing and it shows when he hits a snag in his visual library. Lullabi's exaggeration is controlled, intentional, and it's obvious his visual library is solid with every object here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    why is only brann depicted on that image btw? shouldn't all three dwarven leaders be on that image?
    What makes the fucking rules in the first place for what should be on the screen? What is your frame of reference to even ask this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    Again. B.S.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-07-18 at 06:55 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW