Poll: How many mounts have you purchased since the in game store appeared?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Zero.
    Not because I don't like the idea of double-milking sub based game with ingame shop, but because when a new mount becomes available, everybody and their grandma are flying on it. I hate the very idea of being unoriginal.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the sparkle pony, i wanted a mount that i didn't need to pay for on my alts :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the first mount, the celestial thing, back when it was released because it was bloody useful (although very ugly) for my abundance of alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

I bought the celestial steed (or whatever it is called) back when it released because it looked neat and reminded me of Algalon and it was also useful because it was a mount that every single one of my characters got, so I never had to spend any gold to actually buy them any mounts. They could simply use their freebie mount as a ground mount, then later as a flying mount. Saved some money back before all mounts were account-wide.

It was the only one I ever bought, but last year one of my sisters who plays WOW gifted me the Heart of the Aspects mount for christmas.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-07-22 at 09:43 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

3 (hit the 4 vote on accident). I got the sparkle pony because it looked cool when it came out in wrath and that was as close as I was going to get to invincible, then I got the Winged Guardian, then finally I got the fay dragon (this is the only one I actually use though). Regret getting the first two, don't regret the dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that some people that bought only one chose the That Retarded Horse as their one to pick. I think that's one of the most universally hated mounts in game. Probably because it came out right when everyone was gushing over Invincible and how cool it was.

I've bought one only and that was the bat one. That's only because I've wanted a bat for years and this was the only one in game. I do have to admit I felt kind of nasty after doing it. I'm not wholly against Blizzard releasing stuff in their store, but I am when they don't release any other content for months upon months but then throw in a shop mount instead of something new for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I can't believe that some people that bought only one chose the That Retarded Horse as their one to pick. I think that's one of the most universally hated mounts in game. Probably because it came out right when everyone was gushing over Invincible and how cool it was.

I've bought one only and that was the bat one. That's only because I've wanted a bat for years and this was the only one in game. I do have to admit I felt kind of nasty after doing it. I'm not wholly against Blizzard releasing stuff in their store, but I am when they don't release any other content for months upon months but then throw in a shop mount instead of something new for free.
    The Hearthsteed is 100% free.

I bought three
    Heart of Aspects, Celestial and Ugly Titan Lion but that was just to get an achv and I cba farming in game ones
    Bought a few pets tho cause Im a sucker for battle pets

I think it was the novelty of a store mount and the fact that all your alts got the mount as well which is how I rationalized back then. Sucks that they are putting more and more mounts there instead of in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Zero.
    dito.

the same with pets.
    Druid since Feb. 06

None.
    But on fiscal grounds, not moral. Send me enough money to buy them, I definitely will.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

People are dumb and love to jump on band wagons. The "sparkle pony" was highly anticipated and wanted by almost everyone. It wasn't hated until it was revealed to be a store mount that you had to drop $25 on to get. From that moment, it stopped being judged on any quality it actually possessed and simply turned into the mount you had to spend $25 to get. Of course now theres a whole wad of mounts you have to drop $25 on to get but the sparkle pony will never live down that taint simply because it was the first. Butthurt people who wanted one but didn't want to spend real money to get one are the ones who started the bandwagon to hate the mount.

It is still one of the cooler looking mounts in the game, it's rep was just stained by too much butt-hurt.

People rarely judge mounts based on how they actually look, they prefer to judge based on rarity in some kind of psuedo-snowflake syndrome. The scorp mount from heroic garrosh for example is ridden all the bloody time by almost everyone that has it despite the fact it looks like ass and is only a ground mount. People don't ride it because it looks cool, they ride it because they think it gives them status. Meta achievement mounts are the same way, when the tier is early and they are rare, everyone that gets one early rides the shit out of it but once the tier has been around a while and more people get it, it stops being "cool" once casuals start riding them. Sparkle Pony didn't take skill to get and represented no great feat, only requirement was to spend $25 on something that should've been free and part of the game. It will never, ever live down that taint despite how good it actually looks.

If it had been a mount that dropped from Algalon as a 1% drop rate, it would be one of the most sought after and respected mounts in the game. People that play this game are just stupid like that.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent bought anything. i nearly bought a 90 boost, but then i think its massively over priced.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually ended up with a few free store pets and I think one mount because Blizzard stopped the WoW magazine... Or something? So I got reimbursed with pets and I think this was around Wrath or whenever the sparkly pony came out.

The only mount i've bought was the Fey Dragon and the only pet i've bought was the Cinder Kitten.

Two.

Sparkle Pony for myself and the Bat mount as a gift for a friend.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me? None.
    My brother? Every mount and companion.

I play for roughly 8-20 hours a week.
    He plays for 30 minutes to 2 hours a week.

That's why Blizzard wants casuals.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either two or three, I'm not entirely sure. Not planning on buying any more. Not that I'm against buying mounts, and not that I'm against whatever Blizzard is doing, I refuse to pay 10% sales tax for a digital item that's already in my game files.

Zero. I am not entirely against the store (however it's a quite delicate walk) but haven't really seen any mounts I'd consider worth spending money on yet. I have however bought a few pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought the Raven(Draenor digital deluxe) and the faerie dragon. Those two are some of my favorite mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    I've bought the Raven(Draenor digital deluxe) and the faerie dragon. Those two are some of my favorite mounts.
    Bought the Dread Raven (aka Digital CE) a while ago despite initially not wanting to (because I've already preordered the normal CE in March or so). But since I think it looks really good, I didn't want to wait until the WoD release (and thus the shipment of the boxed version).
    Now I'll have it twice, but who cares.