Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Wouldn't dream of it, and that's not comparable. Lowbie gear is low quality textures and clown colours, making most of it unwearable. Point being, these armors above are the armor sets that represent the game. This is what people in the Warcraft franchise wear, what all notable characters wear, everything you see in cinematics, posters, art - what have you.

This is what actual designs look like when it's true to Warcraft spirit. If you want bland - Go look at half the new tier sets for Warlords of Draenor. They don't even represent their class anymore. Half the gear sets now a days don't even seem to represent their armor type.
    Clown colors? Nay, you can mix and match low level stuff into some impressive looking sets. But you're right on most of it being lower quality textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

I did enjoy most of the gear models here though, and it's a Warlords of Draenor set. The hat is a little strange but, doesn't bother me that much. It could've been a lot worse. I wouldn't mind wearing it on my paladin and would probably wear it over the tier sets any day
    Whoa...okay, I admit I totally missed that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I absolutely love that idea. Not that I think it would ever happen, but you should post the suggestion on the official forums.
    They could just do a drawing contest to be honest - get in some new influences, but let their own art team do the final implementation in-game. I think Mr Samwise is running on old steam to be honest - more outside influences -> more art innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The low textures is probably making things difficult but honestly the people who love the new footman outfit. It'll get old eventually.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

>plays fantasy game
    >wants realistic armor

Why do people like this exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    >plays fantasy game
    >wants realistic armor

Why do people like this exist.
    "Realistic fanstasy sets" as in in "not more of this sci-fi powerranger shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Well, there are lowbie armors and weapons that look plain and simple. You can't make 100 different swords that look like normal longswords ...

I hear some people complain all the time about this, but do they use those items that are just "normal" for transmog? Of course not, they use new armors because they look so much cooler, but complain that they want to use swords like you get leveling up ... Here's an idea, if you want to use those plain and boring items you get 1-60, then use them!
    Don't tell us what we do and don't do, I use a very simple 2h sword and the only bad part is the relatively poor graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Really, just stop complaining...
    With the addition of transmog all your complains are void. The game has PLENTY of options. We used to be forced to equip whatever was our BiS and live with it. Clear AQ40 and use ctrl+click to showroom the stuff there. Most of the stuff is beyond ugly. Not over the top, but just hideous colors and plain designs.

Deleted
    The difference is that it is highly likely that set is NPC available only, and even if most of the gear that is toned down still looks over the top, because we never really get simplistic looking plate armour without all of these massive shoulders, malformed heads and over-sized gauntlets. But I do wish this guard set to be available to players, we need much more small details like on this armour like the small scratches and roughness of it, as well as the under-layer of chainmail we need a lot more of

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    Really, just stop complaining...
    With the addition of transmog all your complains are void. The game has PLENTY of options. We used to be forced to equip whatever was our BiS and live with it. Clear AQ40 and use ctrl+click to showroom the stuff there. Most of the stuff is beyond ugly. Not over the top, but just hideous colors and plain designs.
    It's not void. We have simple armor but it's 10 years old and looks crappy, try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of all the choices we have in xmog. I would really like to see more simple styles of armor with active graphics that come from them making them seemingly more powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

The garrisons bringing in transmogable enchants is soooooo badass. Very excited to use those too.

There is so called normal armor from lvl 1-100. Lvling and random drop sets

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Nice skirt...
    That second picture you posted isn't armor, it's just some clothes the guy was wearing.

"It's the style of Warcraft" can only run so far. The aesthetics established in WC3 and Vanilla or even BC never reached the ridiculous proportions of silly gear design. Weapons and armor.

Blizzard doesn't know what a fucking sword is, for example. Nothing amazing like Frostmourne has ever been put out for our use. Instead we get chunky foot-wide slabs of metal with random shit attached to it.

Warrior S16 is ruined by the spikes, otherwise it could be a good set.

Too many fucking open-face helmets. There is an option to turn the helmet off if Blizzard wanted us to see our toons' faces so damn much.

Most modern sets don't even look coherent. It's as if a bunch of five year olds hyped up on shitty anime were made in charge of all player gear design.

Maining a Blood Elf, I love very simple and elegant transmogs. I don't like the bulky shoulders many transmogs have now. I just want a very downplayed set to use!

10+ Year Old Account
    check my moggin

=
    =
    =
    V

Deleted
    The only thing i don't like about newer armor sets and wod sets are that every shoulder item seems to have some sort of visual proc.
    Like for an example the season 16 warrior elite set. It annoys me that they seem to have an mechanical function of raising and lowering the spikes each 30 seconds or something like that. I'd be annoyed half the time looking at my warrior and liking the raised spikes more than the lowered.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...iorEliteHD.jpg

There is only so much you can do with 'simple' and there are loads of simple armor sets available from professions which can be transmogged into. It;s a fantasy game...bring on the fantasy equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It's not void. We have simple armor but it's 10 years old and looks crappy, try again.
    Being 10 years old and "looks crappy" are different problems, especially how you emphatically point out how much the new stuff look crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Being 10 years old and "looks crappy" are different problems, especially how you emphatically point out how much the new stuff look crappy.
    People just want some understate options like the low level gear currently in the game, but just updated so they look like they have more than 3 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    I don't think WoW would look good with 'normal / plain' types of sets. People wouldn't like it, it's too different and not in line with the cartoon style of the franchise.
    What do you mean? I still love the old dungeon armor sets, first 2 tiers and original pvp armor. my Shaman is in Ten Storms Gear, Monk all greens that make him look Ninja/rogueish with an eyepatch