Poll: Which side?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I play both factions, but dispise the fanbase of the horde...
    Have to agree with this. I play mainly Horde, but have to say that I find the Horde fanbase a LOT more obnoxious overall.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-07-28 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    Horde for life

Alliance as they are more civilized.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Horde smell really bad. 'nough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance has cooler cities and are cleaner.

I was chilling in Orgrimmar and a roach ran past me.

PEACE. OUT.

Been playing WoW since the beginning, and I recall very clearly that first time creating a character. My first impressions on the factions still in some ways resonate with me today. I viewed the Alliance as the white bread goody two shoes, cant lie that what I thought. HOWEVER for the most part I wasnt really sold on the Horde Either. Orcs...ok...Cow people? Really? Trolls were meh at the time, and I ended up with undead. Now after a decade of playing I have seen both sides. I really didnt mind playing and leveling an Alliance, it was mainly to see their side of the story. And story wise it wasnt all that bad I suppose. They still felt like that white bread super hero that your little brother loves just because he is a super hero. I felt then as I do now, that for the most part the Horde were the villainous underdog. The playerbase for both however leaves a lot to be desired though. Horde tend to be obnoxious assholes, and the alliance come across as flamboyant 12 year olds. Still love my Horde though. Orc Warlock here, For the Horde!
    Last edited by bobafett; 2014-07-28 at 01:51 PM.

First of all...since when did Alliance become the underdog in the story of Warcraft?

Secondly, I'm Horde at Heart. Had to spend 3 years (!) on Alliance due to my then home server being dead on Hordeside. I joined a guild that I loved and followed them to Aggra (yes it was portuguese) but as the guild began to crumble as people left or lost interest, I decided to FINALLY go home. I moved to Draenor EU (Horde favored) and that's that. I won't be going back Alliance with my main ever again.

I do however have Alliance toons as well, simply because I enjoy both factions for their own qualities. My fav Alliance race = dwarf. In general Alliance is too generic, prettified and boring though. Much prefer how unique the Horde is with races, architecture and feel. Now with the new models, it's getting even better!

For Khaz Modan!!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    First of all...since when did Alliance become the underdog in the story of Warcraft?

Secondly, I'm Horde at Heart. Had to spend 3 years (!) on Alliance due to my then home server being dead on Hordeside. I joined a guild that I loved and followed them to Aggra (yes it was portuguese) but as the guild began to crumble as people left or lost interest, I decided to FINALLY go home. I moved to Draenor EU (Horde favored) and that's that. I won't be going back Alliance with my main ever again.

I do however have Alliance toons as well, simply because I enjoy both factions for their own qualities. My fav Alliance race = dwarf. In general Alliance is too generic, prettified and boring though. Much prefer how unique the Horde is with races, architecture and feel. Now with the new models, it's getting even better!
    Since Blizzard started favoring the Horde and managed to write it so that the Horde wins more than the Alliance.. Since then

10+ Year Old Account
    For the banshee queen *cough* Horde, I meant horde.

Vanilla - Like 90% Horde favored, because they were a lot cooler, especially the Forsaken. But Alliance had the only good looking females.

Burning Crusade and Wrath - 100% Horde favored, without any doubt. Thanks to Blood Elves, they had the coolest and the hottest races.

Cataclysm and most of Mists - Probably about 75% Horde favored. Worgen gave me some Alliance lore interest, and Goblins are just stupid.

Late Mists and going into Warlords - Sadly about 50/50. I hated getting a Troll as Warchief, and working together with the Alliance for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Vanilla - Like 90% Horde favored, because they were a lot cooler, especially the Forsaken. But Alliance had the only good looking females.

Burning Crusade and Wrath - 100% Horde favored, without any doubt. Thanks to Blood Elves, they had the coolest and the hottest races.

Cataclysm and most of Mists - Probably about 75% Horde favored. Worgen gave me some Alliance lore interest, and Goblins are just stupid.

Late Mists and going into Warlords - Sadly about 50/50. I hated getting a Troll as Warchief, and working together with the Alliance for peace.
    Just to clarify...

The horde were never "cooler" in vanilla, you just had these guys who liked to talk about being cooler cause it made them feel better about their choice, that's not cool, it's annoying. And the reason you saw so many undead around in Vanilla was because of their racial. The Horde had fewer people so it was easier for them to do PVP than do 40 man raids and the best racial for PVP was Will of the Forsaken. Most rogues were undead during that time.

Anyway, I'm not sure what those numbers are supposed to represent. Favored by who? The players? The only time the Horde had more people was during TBC and most of WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't vote cause I play both :/

10+ Year Old Account
    The King himself said it best: "Look around you, brothers and sisters. Open your eyes! Look at what they have done to our kingdom! How much longer will we allow these savages free reign in our world?"

I'm also rather fond of this one: "I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and that evil witch were allowed to roam free, unchecked. The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come."

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The King himself said it best: "Look around you, brothers and sisters. Open your eyes! Look at what they have done to our kingdom! How much longer will we allow these savages free reign in our world?"

I'm also rather fond of this one: "I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and that evil witch were allowed to roam free, unchecked. The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come."
    That was before he went full passive-aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    That was before he went full passive-aggressive.
    Yep, Blizzard does have a way of ruining things that might have been cool.

Yep, Blizzard does have a way of ruining things that might have been cool.
    Wouldn't be cool for the Horde if the Alliance were to attack their cities. For the third time too. As much as I'd love to see some Alliance characters killed and certain cities blown up, it won't happen because of the way things work in this game. We'll just have to settle for minor victories like the one the Alliance has in MOP. Sadly I think it probably is the Alliance's turn to bite the turd next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azutael View Post
    For the banshee queen *cough* Horde, I meant horde.
    "We" should totally just ... uhm leave the Horde.

Death to the Scourge and death to the li... err, Legion. Yes, death to the Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Thrall originally in Warcraft 3 seemed to want to do the right thing and turn the horde into a peaceful thing, have orcs return to shamanistic roots and away from demonic crap that enslaved and nearly destroyed their race, etc. But then when WOW rolls around it's like NOP gotta have warlocks on horde too cause lulz faction balance and warlocks are cool, and oh yeah we need someone for alliance to fight so horde aren't allowed to be peaceful or return to their roots, instead they have to be mad aggressive and constantly crave war.

It's like getting caught obviously killing and stealing but you say you weren't killing or stealing despite the fact you obviously were. Then horde supporters pop up and use their words as evidence and completely ignore their actions. Words vs actions. Horde claim to not be evil, their actions tell a different story.
    And yet two of vanilla BGs were initiated by the Alliance. Flawless and peace-loving

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Fuck the Horde, their ancestors, their backwards ass huts, their superstitions and their small brains. Only good one is a dead one.
    Half of Night Elves' buildings aren't even have walls on all sides. I wouldn't brag about architectonic superiority against the faction that has iron fortresses.

That's cute. You forgot to add that Varian said so in ruins of Lordaeron. AKA not their kingdom. AKA he was spewing baseless bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I play both but if this was a choice between Garrosh's Horde and the Alliance I'd pick the Alliance.