Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At this point, I'd be quite happy with that. Then again, the only alt I'm still attempting to get the legendary on is on week 2 of it.

I wouldn't mind it, replace the drop rate increase with the 1k valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    What the point of something being legendary if you can obtain it in Lfr? Doh.
    Lets be honest, the legendary cloak really isnt a legendary item. Its a welfare time sink. Nothing legendary about running watered down LFR bosses that are garanteed to go down with enough stacks of determination.

The thunder forge quest could be considered a mild test of skill, but nothing worth noting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not really legendary though. Nothing legendary about a time sink. Now if we had to kill some majorly difficult raid boss to obtain the legendary, then yes it would then be legendary.

When you can mouth breathe through LFR and run scenarios all day to gain your valor, it becomes more of a welfare item than a legendary.
    You can do the quest half of the time it use to be, hate threads like that. I am currently on my alt doing the questline and I am not complaining, actually I am happy that is it faster to get, but not that fast that you can get within what? 1 month?

Good point. Pretty silly to be against this change and say "no, you should do it the hard way because I did" when the "hard" way involves spamming LFR every week.

If the cloak required you to kill heroic Emperors, heroic Sha, heroic Lei Shen an heroic Garrosh THEN it would be legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you can mouth breathe through LFR and run scenarios all day to gain your valor, it becomes more of a welfare item than a legendary.
    Seriously?

It takes a time commitment. Normal mode raiding at this point is "mouthbreathing" for me in my 577 item level but that's not a reason to call it welfare.

I would be obscenely happy. I have one alt in the middle of it, one past it...and a few that I groan to think of starting because of the RNG/3week wait for valor etc. Its just become a tiresome grind.

After I did it the first time I wasn't really interested in the consecutive completions.

Deleted
    They have nerfed the questline enough with the Gaze buff,.

Deleted
    You can't get everything via LFR system Genius, you need to complete the Rep/Obtain 3000 Valor (Doing SC faster farm) / Complete BGs / Complete the Celestial challenges. Want a legendary, wait longer - simple as

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Good point. Pretty silly to be against this change and say "no, you should do it the hard way because I did" when the "hard" way involves spamming LFR every week.

If the cloak required you to kill heroic Emperors, heroic Sha, heroic Lei Shen an heroic Garrosh THEN it would be legendary.
    I think managing to put up with the LFr deserves a legendary....seriously stepped into it for the first time in months yesterday couldn't even manage one boss

If they do anymore nerfs they might as well just give one to everybody. Just make people sit through all of his RP and hand over your back piece.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

People really do need to stop misuseing the term welfare.

Welfare implys no work. The Legendary Cloak takes weeks of grinding to get and grinding is work.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If they do anymore nerfs they might as well just give one to everybody. Just make people sit through all of his RP and hand over your back piece.
    They would still complain that the RP took too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Seriously?

It takes a time commitment. Normal mode raiding at this point is "mouthbreathing" for me in my 577 item level but that's not a reason to call it welfare.
    So to your point, a time commitment = legendary?

Wow the definition of legendary item for this game has really gone downhill if that's what we are defining as legendary now days. It used to be extremely rare drops from quite difficult raid bosses. It used to be that the names of the players who had them were whispered about amongst the riff raff of the servers. It used to be an item so deeply lore driven that massive lore writings were written for just that item.

Now, its a time sink.

Thats it.

All you have to do is calculate how many weeks it will take to get the required items, with a little rng from the easiest garanteed boss kill raid option and poof! you have a "legendary" item.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Seriously?

In all fairness since you stated you only wanted to get one cloak, they way many farm them is -> Queue LFR, Hit boss, go afk, get sigils. It cant hardly be called a time commitment if you can afk through half of it. Many groups wouldnt allow you to go afk throughout a normal group, not even flex and not ever HC unless you pay for it. You are clearly taking things out og context trying to say normal mode = LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    No. It was already nerfed from 6000, count yourself lucky. Whats the point of something being legendary when it is easier to claim than 70 legendary weps?
    i agree, they shouldnt of nerfed it in the first place,i did 6000 test of valor twice before the nerf, but it shouldnt of been available via lfr either.

Yes, that would be a great change. I think that if you unlock the cape on one character, you should be given an easier time to get it on other characters. It's a real piss take that you have to do this quest chain for a couple of months on all characters.

Don't really care. I have it on 3 chars now and that's with more than full time work and a raiding schedule for my main as well, it really isn't hard to get as it is. But hardly affects me if they should nerf it so whatever tbh.

Deleted
    No. It was already nerfed from 6000, count yourself lucky. Whats the point of something being legendary when it is easier to claim than 70 legendary weps?
    a) you have a rpob to count otherwise list the 70 legenary weapons
    b) please explain wich of them where HARDER to get? the ones where 39 or the ones where 24 people had to carry your sorry ass?

You can't get everything via LFR system Genius, you need to complete the Rep/Obtain 3000 Valor (Doing SC faster farm) / Complete BGs / Complete the Celestial challenges. Want a legendary, wait longer - simple as
    You can easily afk through Rep. Valor can be obtained during lfr afkness, bgs afkness aswell, same goes for the celestials. ITS NOT LEGENDARY. As mentioned the only thing 'legendary' about it is the scenario challenges which i would hate to see nerfed.. The time sink? Get rid of that and get real.. Let those who just got back to the game have a chance on catching up. Not like im gonna whine cause i farmed the shit on 9 toons already - i have already had my fun with it.