Poll: Which would you be?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What original WoW race would you be?

Out of the original 8 races in classic, what would you have picked?

Bear in mind the class restrictions apply too!

I'm just curious what race everyone would be back then since there's so many to chose from at the moment, a lot of horde are belves and a lot of the alliance are worgen or Draenei.

I'd be a Tauren druid or a warrior!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Troll hunter, though those tusks would be problematic.

Deleted
    Human paladin, or undead mage. Although I played a tauren druid in vanilla.

Taurens were great back then with the increased HP and War Stomp. A popular Tauren Warrior that PvP'd back then went by the simple name of Pat. Check this video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok (Pat PvP)

Me? I was a Human Mage. We had this ability called Perception (which for a short period of time allowed you to see stealth'd targets much more easily), coupled with Diplomacy (10% increased Reputation gains, which was HUGE back then with all the incredibly long rep grinds) made for a great PvP/PvE combo.

Then Mal'Ganis Alliance died and became near extinct and I had to race change :[ I do miss being a human though!
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2014-08-02 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Thanks to lyllian for the correction. Things start blurring together after playing for so long :p

Dwarf.

Also, I started playing in original WoW. Dwarf Warrior was the race I picked then, and that same character has been my main for all the years since then. Horde side, I'd go with Tauren (I got curious about the Horde quests and decided to roll a Tauren Warrior on a different server at the same time).

Didn't know or care about racial abilities...I've just always thought Dwarves are awesome.

Deleted
    Troll mage or hunter then most likely.
    always prefered the troll race above the rest.

If I couldn't play draenei I would play night elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in my 1st ever contact with WoW i picked Tauren Warrior. But shortly after i'd give orc female shoot and never look back. Best animation and looks in armor (despite robes maybe, but i dont play caster so meh). So it's female orc warrior for me

Deleted
    A schmuck.

Gnome. Sexy and dangerous, a hit with the ladies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Still human!

Deleted
    My first couple characters where Tauren Druids. So Tauren Druid I guess.

Tauren or Troll hunter. I remember first trying BC at a cousin's house when I was a little kid. I rolled a bunch of Hunters and got them to level 3 or so. I had no clue how the game worked, but I was in love with the game. I didn't play again until Cataclysm when I was old enough to understand the game. Then I settled on playing for real with a Goblin hunter, who is currently my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    African-Azerothian.
    Mixes in a LOT of benefits and strong racials.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Night Elf!

Beauty and looooong life.

I'd like to be a druid for shapeshifting and healing.

As goofy and boring as it sounds, Human. Almost no Night Elves have access to Druidic powers and live in an ever-shrinking empire and Blood Elves are practically extinct even before Garrosh used them as cannon fodder. Also their lifespan is confusing at the moment as there's a quest in Krasarang where a Night Elf man "spent most of his daughter's life" trying to reclaim his immortality. He was designed with gray/white hair and described as old.

Humans have all the options available to them. There's no "oh, let me check the S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶T̶r̶e̶k̶ Warcraft Racial Personality Manual to see what you can be" for Humans. It's just "What do you want to do? Go do it."
    Last edited by WanderingBreezes; 2014-08-02 at 04:52 PM.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    African-Azerothian.
    Mixes in a LOT of benefits and strong racials.
    You and Marshal Isildor. Black guy with blond hair. You don't get more epic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Taurens were great back then with the increased HP, Warstomp, and Nature Resistance (for fights in AQ 40 like Viscidus, and PvP against Hunters/Shamans/Rogues). A popular Tauren Warrior that PvP'd back then went by the simple name of Pat. Check this video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok (Pat PvP)

Me? I was a Human Mage. We had this ability called Perception (which for a short period of time allowed you to see stealth'd targets much more easily), coupled with Diplomacy (10% increased Reputation gains, which was HUGE back then with all the incredibly long rep grinds), and finally Every Man for Himself (a free PvP trinket as a racial that allowed me to use 2 dps trinkets).

Then Mal'Ganis Alliance died and became near extinct and I had to race change :[ I do miss being a human though!
    Perhaps your thinking of the Forsaken racial, because Every Man for Himself wasn't added until Wotlk.

As for me, my Horde characters were all Forsaken and my Alliance were Human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started out as a Night Elf druid and I would not change it if I were to have a "fresh start" again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a human paladin... I just answered my question.